• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ebay Wifi Antennas

Bro.. 8dbi antennas are impossible to find sl.. if u know anyone aborad can easily get it or try ur luck woth ebay it's available for super cheap... Since ur using tp-link why don't u try TL-ANT2408CL..

Thanks i'll give it a shot

• 7 months later...
you can get extension cables and high gain antenna from ebay....just be careful with the pin configuration.

I have 8 or 12dbi antenna which i have fixed for my TP LINK. works ok but since it is heavy it needs some support and can fall back...

I got the cable, its fine. Did you get the 12dbi antenna from ebay?

• 4 weeks later...

Guys, It's bit OT. Sorry Magnum for stealing your thread ;) .

This is about a Wireless WiFi Router.

Have any of you tried to make a WiFi hot spot in your car to connect tab or notebook? Reason is I don't like to connect the tab to 3G modem directly, since it kept on dash board as GPS receiver (bit ugly).

$%28KGrHqF,%21ocFCreMbg%286BRqEYTBw-%21~

Edited by WCW

Is this something like where you connect your dongle and it acts as a wifi router? if it is so they slow down your internet to an extent when working as a wifi hotspot plus the range is quite short too

Is this something like where you connect your dongle and it acts as a wifi router? if it is so they slow down your internet to an extent when working as a wifi hotspot plus the range is quite short too

Yes... I'm going to use a 7.2 Mbps dongle and Dialog connection. Well the range wise, just to work inside the car is more than enough. Data transfer rate of WiFi router mentioned as 150 Mbps, will it work ? What do you mean by "slow down your internet to an extent when working as a wifi hotspot" exactly ?

Yes... I'm going to use a 7.2 Mbps dongle and Dialog connection. Well the range wise, just to work inside the car is more than enough. Data transfer rate of WiFi router mentioned as 150 Mbps, will it work ? What do you mean by "slow down your internet to an extent when working as a wifi hotspot" exactly ?

My cousin got one from Etisalat i guess, when you use internet through the wifi hotspot you dont get the same speed you do when you use directly from the dongle.

Guys, It's bit OT. Sorry Magnum for stealing your thread ;) .

This is about a Wireless WiFi Router.

Have any of you tried to make a WiFi hot spot in your car to connect tab or notebook? Reason is I don't like to connect the tab to 3G modem directly, since it kept on dash board as GPS receiver (bit ugly).

$%28KGrHqF,%21ocFCreMbg%286BRqEYTBw-%21~

This cheap Chinese not practical. try to buy decent ZTE MF65 or HUAWEI E586 portable Mifi Router