• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Japanese Car News

Magnum

and to make up for the Terrano/Duster and for all Juke fans out there...Nissan gives you the all new Juke Star Wars Edition :) !!! 2 days more to go !

7l91.jpg

Check out: http://www.nissan.co.jp/SP/JUKE/PERSONALIZE/?rstid=20120425rst000000239 Has a trailer and a count down :)

The launch of the new Juke seems to be totally surrounded by the whole Star Wars theme and some magazines claim that there is going to be a "Limited" Star Wars edition, although the Nissan website itself doesn't say anything about it.

Oh no a new Juke. Smaller shelf life means the old Juke has not caught the desired market or is flawed. The car in the trailer shows a different side on look.

Well they are trying something new in terms of advertising atleast.

Oh no a new Juke. Smaller shelf life means the old Juke has not caught the desired market or is flawed. The car in the trailer shows a different side on look.

Well they are trying something new in terms of advertising atleast.

How can the nissan Joke be popular as a practical x-over/hatch or whatever it is

Ophs sorry It's the Juke not the joke

A three year run does seem short for Nissan especially considering the likes of the X-Trail that seems to run for ions...they "claim" that the Juke was a local hit.

As for the new Juke...the side profile kind of seems like a fattened up March that got a facelift inspired by a Mini...looking forward to seeing what gets unveiled...I want a Darth Vader edition of that....

• Like 1

Whilst trolling around to see the Juke getting unveiled today I bump in across this...a facelift for the Prado ? At least the Russian built Prado seems to be getting that, IMO only its own mother can love looking, front end :). I guess I can grow to like it

A2E4A0A59FB62ED7BC3B6A33D68_h498_w598_m2

What the heck was that silhouette in the Juke movie trailer ?

Nissan Juke "The New Story" seems to be the same old story in a different cover..okay maybe a transition from paperback to a hardcover option..

What was eventually shown was the same old Juke with some funky paint scheme with racing stripes that you can special order, some body accessories that are available for the following grades:

15RS Type V

15RX Type V (Std + Personalize Package)

16GT Type V

Just skimming through it seems like the engines offered are still the same...

Check out: http://www2.nissan.co.jp/SP/JUKE/PERSONALIZE/ <the menu is in english and for each grade it shows the new accessories that have been thrown on there

Edited by iRage

Whilst trolling around to see the Juke getting unveiled today I bump in across this...a facelift for the Prado ? At least the Russian built Prado seems to be getting that, IMO only its own mother can love looking, front end :). I guess I can grow to like it

A2E4A0A59FB62ED7BC3B6A33D68_h498_w598_m2

Thats gonna give children nightmares. But our local folks will love it.

What the heck was that silhouette in the Juke movie trailer ?

Nissan Juke "The New Story" seems to be the same old story in a different cover..okay maybe a transition from paperback to a hardcover option..

What was eventually shown was the same old Juke with some funky paint scheme with racing stripes that you can special order, some body accessories that are available for the following grades:

15RS Type V

15RX Type V (Std + Personalize Package)

16GT Type V

Just skimming through it seems like the engines offered are still the same...

Check out: http://www2.nissan.co.jp/SP/JUKE/PERSONALIZE/ <the menu is in english and for each grade it shows the new accessories that have been thrown on there

Why??? With all that hype build up.

and now for the REAL party piece...

8D3EA36F304E1A42BD325736559350_h498_w598

WAIT FOR IT...

20152A59E6411852A23B88F3148D7_h498_w598_

VOILA !!!

Now that is some gadget that most gadget freaks would love in Sri Lanka, specially the ones who would love the neon lights etc. Wonder whether they'll put something like that outside the car as well, like a thruster sorta thing that lights up when you press a button.

It goes like this

Nobody in the world would have herd about Dacia if not for our friend James May,

Sorry for the OT...

How exactly does one pronounce Dacia?

I thought all these Eastern Europeans pronounce C as CH... making it 'Dutch-i-ya' but seen James May affectionately calling it 'Daisy-ya'

Sorry for the OT...

How exactly does one pronounce Dacia?

I thought all these Eastern Europeans pronounce C as CH... making it 'Dutch-i-ya' but seen James May affectionately calling it 'Daisy-ya'

This was discussed in TG as well mate.. it IS pronounced 'Dutch-i-ya' :D

• Like 1

The Toyota SAI gets a facelift. Whilst the engine (gasoline and hybrid) remains the same Toyota claims fuel economy has slightly improved due to better aerodynamics <really ? not like the previous one was a brick>. The car seems to be comprised of more eco-friendly materials than the previous one. Price wise the base price is slightly lower than the previous model (3.3mil yen onwards for the previous vs. 3.2mil yen onwards)

1C056E70C21057997CA2254E8D69_h498_w598_m5269BDECD58E4F8E9B695C0FD3D3D_h498_w598_84F49066B12CEB4C751BB7DD3E41F_h498_w598_5C33A2A9A28B5D8FB082A3984F803C_h498_w598

• 2 weeks later...

The Harrier gets revived for a couple of years of absence: due to be released in a few months...

http://toyota.jp/sp/newharrier/index.html?adid=ag172_from_jppick&padid=ag172_from_jppick&ptopid=rec

It is based on the new RAV4 that has been released pretty much in all markets except in Japan.

again..no mention of a RAV4 model change further pushing rumors of the model being scrapped out of JDM market.

img_01.jpg

Carlos is one of the people I respect a lot for what he did to Nissan.

Anyways keeping to topic looks like that fun sports car by Nissan is a go http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/frankfurt-motor-show/nissan-370z-replacement-tokyo-reveal

Also something that interests me is this concept from Suzuki which is aimed at the Juke.

5c0kft.jpg

Thats some rugged looking small crossover.

• 2 weeks later...

Toyota releases more pics of the next gen Harrier

D0A16778D508322DA92925FD7838_h498_w598_m25AE1CB8EBC034B2314CC5503AB63_h498_w598_F7A85D5CE921EA0224B20CA6566_h498_w598_m2CE85DA65D5E0FF4064C73ADCC468D6_h498_w59839A8761C8448839BA563615C24A9_h498_w598_m

9A6C06E3425A401396B8497D8EC5_h498_w598_m

EDIT : So according to some new auto gossip mags in Japan, the new RAV4 launch in Japan will be delayed till mid to late 2014 and the retirement of the Vanguard as Toyota is giving greater prominence to the Harrier launch and its positioning and they don't want to confuse the consumer with both at the same time (wait...Toyota hasn't been confusing all this time ?). I guess since both the Harrier and RAV4 are based on the same platform now they want to introduce the RAV4 as a step-down from the Harrier. Also, so far the new export RAV4's dimensions are almost as large as the Vanguard's which puts it in to a separate road-size-tax category than the current version.

Edited by iRage

• 3 weeks later...
2014 Mazda Axela / Mazda3 Hybrid revealed

This looks more interesting than the Axio or Accord hybrid

1118006777106868020.jpg

http://japsrides.blogspot.com/2013/10/2014-mazda-axela-mazda3-hybrid-revealed.html

Good to see they are carrying the styling themes from the bigger 6, this will be a great looking car as well...

Early reviews say its a brilliant drive as well... SL will get it soon, hope its as good as it seems!