• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Japanese Car News

Magnum

3 hours ago, iRage said:

Production version of the new Z ?
400ZClub forum claims these are leaked images of the final production version of the new Z....
If it is...its nice to see the production version being so close to the Z proto...although I am not a big fan of the huge blank space under the headlights...the chrome/silver grill does make it look better...

May be an image of carMay be an image of car

That front does indeed look like the240 / 260Z from the front on angle, even the bonnet buldge is there.

Most important question is what will the engine pack in terms of power and the gearbox shown in the auto version here

1 hour ago, kmeeg said:

Toyota Land cruiser 300 series engine option rumor..

Petrol 4L V6, 3.3L Turbo Diesel, Petrol 3.5L V6 Twin Turbo.

image.thumb.png.4b4fe21786b6938cd76be6e3ea46e582.png

This was supposedly first seen on some dealer site in the middle east or someplace right ? Seems to be in line with what every one has been speculating about so probably has some validity to it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, iRage said:

This was supposedly first seen on some dealer site in the middle east or someplace right ? Seems to be in line with what every one has been speculating about so probably has some validity to it.

I'm little worried about 25 years service life. I'm not sure about that petrol 3.5 twin turbo.

I think 3.3 turbo diesel and the old old 4.0 n/a petrol would be bullet proof.

8 hours ago, kmeeg said:

I'm little worried about 25 years service life.

Sadly I think this applies to pretty much all cars now adays.  Service lives of new cars are somewhat questionable with all the gadgetry and light weight materials used. It is yet to be seen. But then again...this is what we sad in regards to automatic transmissions, hybrid engines/motors, and they ahve weathered everything well...so you never know...but yes...hard to be anything less than skeptical.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Toyota Land cruiser 300 series engine option rumor..

Petrol 4L V6, 3.3L Turbo Diesel, Petrol 3.5L V6 Twin Turbo.

image.thumb.png.4b4fe21786b6938cd76be6e3ea46e582.png

A 4L V6 ? But no V8? Sacrilege!! 

*edit just Googled this and sadly nothing about a V8. But the hybrid 3.5 litre engine seems to be coming with around 600NM of torque!!

And the start/stop button is to have a fingerprint sensor that will detect the driver and change the seat settings and steering wheel settings accordingly - Wow! Haven't seen that before, Not even on the GLS, X7 etc!!  

Land Rover Defender- Watch out! The jap's are coming for you! 

Also: The ozzy blogs are totally salivating over the upcoming 300 series no end - lol 😆!! 

Edited by Kavvz
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kavvz said:

And the start/stop button is to have a fingerprint sensor that will detect the driver and change the seat settings and steering wheel settings accordingly - Wow! Haven't seen that before, Not even on the GLS, X7 etc!!  

So in that case no else could drive it once you programme it? I think Merc has something similar in the new S and the upcoming C Class but not a start stop button. Sometimes too much technology would be bad. In the Merc case they can even check whats happening at home..... thats not what you want is it when you sell the car and the buyer can check whats happening at your home whilst he is driving back.

1 hour ago, Kavvz said:

Also: The ozzy blogs are totally salivating over the upcoming 300 series no end - lol 😆!! 

Aussies do love their Land Cruisers as they are good work horses, whereas in Sri Lanka people love it because its the biggest thing that you could get and all the MP's go around in them. Our guys will start saying V6 now, ever heard when people say that they drive a V8 when asked what vehicle they are using?

I leave this for you.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kavvz said:

A 4L V6 ? But no V8? Sacrilege!! 

Yes...no V8...this has been confirmed for quite sometime. However there is talk that certain African markets might get a V8 option (probably an updated existing engine) as the Hybrid options are not viable. However there has been no official indication of this (but then nothing about the 300 has been officially confirmed but things like the V6 have strong evidence)

7 hours ago, Gummybr said:

So in that case no else could drive it once you programme it? I think Merc has something similar in the new S and the upcoming C Class but not a start stop button.

This was tested out and demonstrated in a Lexus at a few motorshows. The main function is for restoring driver settings...but starting the engine can also be enabled or disabled. I beleive this is probably going to be a gimmick in high-end grades where the LC is mainly sold as pavement queens...probably will be a paid option as well. 

Aussies do love their Land Cruisers as they are good work horses,

Yes...so do the South Africans...they (Aussies and South Africans) seem to like all flavors of the LC...especially the fullsized LC and the 70 series. THey have been work horses but the more techie it gets we have to wonder if they will keep embracing them....but then again they didn't exactly like the LC200 with electronic stuff..but they still did embrance it figure out way to spend more money on putting upgrades to trump the techie stuff.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, iRage said:

Yes...no V8...this has been confirmed for quite sometime. However there is talk that certain African markets might get a V8 option (probably an updated existing engine) as the Hybrid options are not viable. However there has been no official indication of this (but then nothing about the 300 has been officially confirmed but things like the V6 have strong evidence)

Must be the same V8 found in the LC70

39 minutes ago, iRage said:

This was tested out and demonstrated in a Lexus at a few motorshows. The main function is for restoring driver settings...but starting the engine can also be enabled or disabled. I beleive this is probably going to be a gimmick in high-end grades where the LC is mainly sold as pavement queens...probably will be a paid option as well. 

True and I presume it would only be in the high spec models, you wont want to press the start stop button with muddy thumbs or gloves.

Hoo hoo hoo.. This is my back yard.. Well not really..😂

image.png.0e97979fa4529ae24505663054a5d5b6.png

(From my dashcam)Ij0tP-WMUzMt1yqt9iyinbcu-1gIVzFVDQiKSsrqeNFMeObgW_dgAS01dEhS9Dmz3DbaAdEQEvwlaKBpgIvzjSdg-QuazKn-RRrpHIzb_D5VCHTDjbVNym1QGc8KpJvv6bhL6m2W0mTWdSbTo23L6Q7a9cK6ZA7zZjSYuSsCDX6guIVLitlAqqZvf2h0ZMNA_gvEowjUO19qndcZ3D40FTbF5iv82Zkr0jyaDpOwsCdXPfwMixjrd_cir56g0_nR2REN9cMiaCHH_Cf1A6s5NQ3ZpnLxPKr_6KAwcrKg-6u9QmonViI7zI13rqduorXEvHWjQYzXtuHZmqgbL2CU0I3VG4e-ikQRVf_W5x38BnYkQ3gMhKyYyRf4w9snCSqMeOnWWYnDNZjsP3nK_yKdC7M6fByOz1xEUxtVQUWT6tYzkVp5Ymh4KYlkSj409b5KRdox__yC-G7NY5RFLsd6uwCgjCg5ixh0bdy1AEtvF6BA3_ZTtQS7vM07Y2BTmxOM5d9s_rdficexHoQwmHtqlbnGU4rBgAxMs3MAGnn6OPA1GhqGqleWMAAIzF1F1dkeZVMBwRS3tnGBKtDZ9eTu2FjQRzk7NFQDrjE-xeRhA_Z3C-VaA9vdEzmm0dVFMZx3M2OaO3hK6-8pra50xzQd9AqjolTjPMSNTmRuiWh71nyf6d7FdML4BDqPwyaztalW-9AXtBLD7EVJM3pyYkkj1-aI=w1560-h824-no?authuser=0

@Kavvz BTW I still have the Subi. (Shop having hard time getting my after market LEDs and Ditch lights. Also bumper mod to avoid rubbing the bigger tires)

Subi still survives but teeny tiny problems with ground clearance..

11Capture.JPG.be9161bc91e8a3e1aa05e67d371599b5.JPG

20210306_122212.thumb.jpg.9fb7db65ad8717d16b4535ac8371bdbf.jpg

20210320_192700.thumb.jpg.d694f0f484b3dbd96b56c70bb67f64c7.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gummybr said:

So in that case no else could drive it once you programme it? I think Merc has something similar in the new S and the upcoming C Class but not a start stop button.

Oh they do? I must have missed it.. for the 300 series the finger print ID sensor is primarily to restore  the preferred seat and steering wheel settings automatically for each driver though I think and not to secure the vehicle etc. (And I am sure it will be designed so it can be turned off like the lane keep assist settings etc) 

Sometimes too much technology would be bad. In the Merc case they can even check whats happening at home..... thats not what you want is it when you sell the car and the buyer can check whats happening at your home whilst he is driving back.

lol !! 

Aussies do love their Land Cruisers as they are good work horses,

Yes the Ozzy's are pretty much chomping at the bit to get their hands on the 300 series! Its like our chaps when the new AXIO / Premio model hits the road!! :D 

whereas in Sri Lanka people love it because its the biggest thing that you could get and all the MP's go around in them. Our guys will start saying V6 now, ever heard when people say that they drive a V8 when asked what vehicle they are using?

Yeap! :D 

I leave this for you.

👍

1 hour ago, kmeeg said:

@Kavvz BTW I still have the Subi. (Shop having hard time getting my after market LEDs and Ditch lights. Also bumper mod to avoid rubbing the bigger tires)

Subi still survives but teeny tiny problems with ground clearance..

11Capture.JPG.be9161bc91e8a3e1aa05e67d371599b5.JPG

20210306_122212.thumb.jpg.9fb7db65ad8717d16b4535ac8371bdbf.jpg

20210320_192700.thumb.jpg.d694f0f484b3dbd96b56c70bb67f64c7.jpg

Wow that's a loooog repair. But good for you! :D Looks like the Subie is getting a nice little run-Awesome!  

(Probably gonna be the most mud its ever going to see in its entire lifetime!! )

9 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Its like our chaps when the new AXIO / Premio model hits the road!!

Thank god this will never be repeated again in Sri Lankan history.

The Axio is only there for the business crowd in Japan (thus no more WxG and G and stuff) and Toyota is looking at how they can phase it out. They cannot do it just yet because they pretty much need a 5 number, i.e. narrow body sedan. Interestingly once the Grace was pulled out of the Japanese market the Axio was the only car in the segment and the car got a renewed interest from the fleet segment. There are rumors of a small segment sedan being in development but nothing official or confirmed by Toyota. 

As for the Premio, at one point there was a hint that the Premio would be a "grade" of Corolla (kind of like the old Corona with the Corona Premio), but that too has gone quiet. The sedan market is drying up quite fast.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, iRage said:

The sedan market is drying up quite fast.

Seems that way. I for one am quite sad...I have always been a big fan of the 'Sports Sedan' category but it seems that category is being killed off the quickest! 😪

Oh speaking of buzz kills and setbacks: Did you guys see this? Seems like it might effect all the Jap car manufacturers significantly? 

https://www.afr.com/world/asia/japanese-car-makers-affected-by-fire-at-auto-chip-plant-20210322-p57d0c

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-23/chip-shortage-turns-repair-of-japan-factory-into-national-effort

Edited by Kavvz

On 3/23/2021 at 2:51 PM, Gummybr said:

That front does indeed look like the240 / 260Z from the front on angle, even the bonnet buldge is there.

Most important question is what will the engine pack in terms of power and the gearbox shown in the auto version here

Questions answered here, never knew that the Titan Transmission is from Mercedes-Benz. Its going to chase the Supra and the suggested price seems like a good start.

https://www.400zclub.com/forum/threads/2022-nissan-z-inside-scoop-details-msrp-pricing-packages-power-hp-weight-transmission-more.147/

6 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

Its going to chase the Supra 

As a Nissan fan boy it hurts to admit this but : The Supra looks awesome 👌! And apparently it drives really well too...So an uphill battle for Nissan and the Z

(Plus the ZF in the Supra is the gold standard as far as automatic transmissions go right now isn't it?) 

On 3/26/2021 at 9:14 AM, Kavvz said:

As a Nissan fan boy it hurts to admit this but : The Supra looks awesome 👌! And apparently it drives really well too...So an uphill battle for Nissan and the Z

(Plus the ZF in the Supra is the gold standard as far as automatic transmissions go right now isn't it?) 

True the Supra looks good and all, but then this is going to be more sportier. Both these giants have shown how to cut cost and offer a super package. Toyota co developed the car with BMW there by splitting the cost (wonder how cheaper the Supra is compared to the BMW Z4) and Nissan went and restyled the old model and gave it a new lease of life (restomodding?).

Time will tell how well they succeeded, for Nissan its a make or break situation so they will be putting so much hope in the Z400. 

On the gearbox the Merc gearboxes are also very good, I think in the last Carwow video the Mercedes Gearbox trumped the BMW in mid range gearing. Your talking of 9 speeds vs 8, but yes the ZF could be a better option as its available in so many other vehicles. The Merc gearbox is so much better than the crappy CVT they would have put into the Z400.

8 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

True the Supra looks good and all, but then this is going to be more sportier.

I hope so!

(wonder how cheaper the Supra is compared to the BMW Z4)

Never checked as I'm very confident I can not afford either !! 😆 🤣 😂

The Merc gearbox is so much better than the crappy CVT they would have put into the Z400.

True, certainly a better option than the CVT but didn't the old 370Z have a snappy manual with rev matching that was well received as well?

4 minutes ago, iRage said:

Lexus Electrified...the Lexus LF-Z concept... Lexus' electrification vision revealed...

Phoos courtesy of Lexus' promo site...

May be an image of car and roadMay be an image of car and road

Wow! Best looking electric car (concept) so far. It looks even better than the Taycan concept did! I hope it makes it to production: It looks awesome! 

Edited by Kavvz

3 hours ago, iRage said:

May be an image of car and roadMay be an image of car and roadMay be an image of car and road

I like the concept, but these pictures look a bit odd to me, thats a weird profile from the B pillar onwards, did they loose the design language half way? Proportions look odd. Other than that very futuristic looking (more of a spaceship look to it)

On 3/27/2021 at 10:32 AM, Gummybr said:

True the Supra looks good and all, but then this is going to be more sportier. Both these giants have shown how to cut cost and offer a super package. Toyota co developed the car with BMW there by splitting the cost (wonder how cheaper the Supra is compared to the BMW Z4) and Nissan went and restyled the old model and gave it a new lease of life (restomodding?).

Supra vs Z4 answered.

Supra vs Z4 answered.

Killer looks, solid performance: Nissan Z better deliver or its dead in the water...( The Z will probably be slightly cheaper,  but with those looks, I think people will happily pay a bit extra for the Supra. Especially the crowd that can afford to drive a 2/3 car as a sports car...) 

First (official) sight of the Japanese spec 2022 Subaru BRZ and Toyota GR86.

The joint reveal was teased for a few weeks now and during that time people were hoping it would be a new car. Specifically, a jointly developed hot hatch which would chime Subaru's return to the sorts of a WRX Hatchback. It is a bit saddening to be honest...on one hand, it means that we won't be seeing a jointly developed hot hatch (for now atleast). On the other hand....a month or so ago Toyota announced the delayed reveal of the Toyota GT86 because they wanted to differentiate it from the BRZ a lot more than what it is right now. If this is what GR ended up doing, there really isn't much of a differentiation.

No photo description available.May be an image of carMay be an image of car and screenMay be an image of carMay be an image of carMay be an image of car and roadMay be an image of car and road2022-Toyota-GR-86-1-1.jpg2022-Toyota-GR-86-2.jpg2022-Toyota-GR-86-3.jpg2022-Toyota-GR-86-4.jpg2022-Toyota-GR-86-5.jpg2022-Toyota-GR-86-4564.jpg2022-Toyota-GR-86-6.jpg2022-Toyota-GR-86-7.jpg2022-Toyota-GR-86-8-1.jpg2022-Toyota-GR-86-85.jpg2022-Toyota-GR-86-9.jpg2022-Toyota-GR-86-12.jpg2022-Toyota-GR-86-13-1.jpg2022-Toyota-GR-86-14.jpg20210405-gr86-ext-01.jpg20210405-gr86-ext-03.jpg20210405-gr86-ext-02.jpg20210405-gr86-int-01.jpg

Edited by iRage