• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

41 minutes ago, iRage said:

First of the Lexus F Sport Performance Line

Finally got to see official images of the IS F Sport Performance (i.e IS500)
Nice to see a V8 back in an IS 💕

This is the first time a F Sport has gotten a performance upgrade making it more like an actual F. Thus the F Sport Performance I suppose. 

(All this time F Sports have been mainly cosmetic with minor suspension and chassis tweaks)

Screenshot_20210223-010241_YouTube.jpg

Interesting to see Toyota trying to get in to sports car track. (With a disappointment of Supra been a BMW other than the Toyota badge). Wonder if IS getting 100% Toyota engine or got help from Yamaha like the Lexus LFA engine (4.8L V10 with redline from 9000-10000rpm).

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After watching some review I thought of giving a try myself.. Don't take seriously, I just did it for fun since I had some extra time. I did not have a script as it was not planned. Missed lot of

Well...for starters...there are exciting models. For a car to be exciting (especially daily driving cars) you do not need a lot of horse power (which the little cars did not have in the first place).

Posted Images

6 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Wonder if IS getting 100% Toyota engine or got help from Yamaha like the Lexus LFA engine

Well....Toyota's patneship since the mid 1960s has been that Yamaha co-designs and co-develops engine Toyota engine heads. Toyota designs the block and Yamaha the head....has been like that even for the little 1NZ-FE engine and many others...in some cases like some V6 engines Yamaha builds it in one of their factories. So Toyota using Yamaha for engines is like Ferrari or someone using Pinninfarina for a design.

The new IS500 has an updated 2UR-GSE engine....that engine's head...like 99% of Toyota's normal engines and 100% of TOyota's sports engines was designed by Yamaha.

As for the Supra....no matter who built it...cannot deny the fact that it is still a pretty damn nice car. Besides...if Toyota had done a ground up development of the new Supra it would have costed as much as a LFA...and we wouldn't have cars like this nor the GR Yaris :D 

All new Lexus NX...Acidentally leaked !

It was already known that the car would be based on the GA-K platform (shared with everything from the Camry to the RAV4) and laced with the "Lexus Driving Signature".

The car seems to be bigger than the out going model. Design wise we see a lot of queues we have seen on newer Lexus models, so nothing new in terms of design except for the "TAZUNA INTERIOR CONCEPT"...hmmm. As for power trains...well...the usual Lexus ones I suppose. Well...YAWN...

But C'MON !!!...are we to REALLY beleive that Lexus "Accidentally" leaked this ?
My 5 year old daughter is better at keeping things secret than this...so REALLY ??? We are talking about a group of companies that  have been really really good at reading the market and stringing people along...

https://www.motor1.com/news/490243/2022-lexus-nx-leaked-video/

May be an image of carMay be an image of carMay be an image of carMay be an image of carMay be an image of car

Really cant stand that Outlander light design.. :(  New Triton/L200`s got a similar face.. 

Hyundai does the same with Kona and Palisade.. :(  Timeless car design is a thing of the past eh.. They all just go with the flow (i.e. new Mercedes exterior designs are mostly not distinctively Mercedes like the past..) OR just try to be different (i.e. Hyundai Kona?) and create designs that`ll perhaps look fresh for like 5 years..  🙄

30 minutes ago, MrCat said:

Really cant stand that Outlander light design.. :(  New Triton/L200`s got a similar face.. 

They call it the Mitsubishi Shield face :) 

30 minutes ago, MrCat said:

(i.e. new Mercedes exterior designs are mostly not distinctively Mercedes like the past..)

exactly ! the C look slike a cut down E for those who cannot afford an E....in the past each had its own flare...now..nada...

Some of the Alfas are still nice looking though....Thought Nissan was starting to do something different and then they went and did some wierd stuff on something that could have been classically elegant. Toyotas look like animated characters from their Toyota-ville...well..actually they are...so they look like wierd marine creatures (Aqua looks like a blow fish) and cuddly mammals (so many Toyotas look like Capabbaras)