• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Japanese Car News

Magnum

On  different note the Skyline name has been patented in the USA by Ford for vehicles. What happens now?

Is this a way of curbing Japanese imports more than 25years old, or are they making a Skyline?

Yes. Toyota is the majority owner of Daihatsu and Hino but the latter two operate as independent companies.

We are fast headed to a landscape with zero brand distinction.

5 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Terrorists and dictators the world over will not in anyway use a big Land Cruiser, will be more happy with the workhorse Hilux and the LC70. Its just that our goons will love the Land Cruiser and will pay top money for it, and this makes me think if some big shots in Sri Lanka has already ordered the Land Cruiser from Japan (through third parties of course).

Has Toyota been hit with the chip shortage as well?

Actually, i mis interpreted. There is a global act xalled the Anti Money laundering something something act. The agreement is supposed to be part of that in order to make sure that the vehicles are not purchased as money laundering by dictators etc...not necessarily for battlefield activity. Now. This act is quite universal. I have to sign an agreement like that with my vanks in SL when  i gave my paychecks deposited by all kinds of agencies. Now. Getting thus signed us perfectly fine. But it us not a requirement for other vehicles that arexequally attractive for these war mongers and supporters nor us thise done in other countries (as das as I kniw of). So it does seem like a bit of a power trip. Also dud some digging around...and saw some sources claiming theC us one of the mist stolen xars and traded in the black market aling with cars kike the G wagon and S class  so apoarently thus us one way terrorists clean their money (Merc got in to ttouble with the UN about a decade ago for something similar that was discovered)

7 hours ago, iRage said:

Toyota is the majority owner of Daihatsu and Hino but the latter two operate as independent companies.

Toyota seems to be using Hino parts in my case.

20210722_101256.jpg

8 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Toyota seems to be using Hino parts in my case.

:) and I am sure there are Daihatsus and Hinos with Toyota parts....like I said..everything is getting gobbled up by the high and mighty that technical differenciation of brands is getting rather blurred. Which is not a good thing.

• Like 1