• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Vanette C22 Fuel Consumption Issue.

Nissan cdj

Holi macaroni! Are you trying to drift the van ? lol.

No wonder it burns so much fuel. Dont push the van too hard, let the engine pickup speed gradually keeping the foot on the pedal lightly and change gears accordingly.

I daily drive a same model vanette with about 450000kms on odo. ATM it does 12 with AC in city , and more than 15 outstation.

Try changing gears up quicker and get to the 4/5 gear asap.

In my petrol car if I gradually accelerate and keep the revs under 2500 it gives me very good fuel efficiency. But the characteristics of petrol and diesel engines are slightly different and in a diesel you get maximum torque at lower revs so you should not need to race the engine as much.

spoton! Vanette lets you quickly shift to 4th even at 40kmph and it doesnt jerk ( on flat road)

My normal style :

1st gear to get it moving from stop position,

2nd as soon as it moves

3rd around 25kmph

4th around 40kmph

5th around 50kmph +

This way the engine keeps quite, belts doesn't scream like a elephant with a tail on fire , and passengers not cursing your mom.

but its a non stop train of gear changes driving a vanette like this , drive around colombo and you don't need to exercise your left arm and leg for a week LOL

• Like 1

• 7 years later...