• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Alloy Wheels And Tyre Change Advise

Nimz77

How is (165/70/13) and (185/70/13) different in circumference / diameter?

edit: I just used your calculatror and i'm seriously baffled on how it's possible. My grade 7 maths says that the diameter and circumference is purely based on radius which is (RimDiameter/2 + tyreHeight)

Read this Watchman.

http://www.blackcircles.com/general/sidewall

You are interpretting the side wall figure incorrectly. Its a percentage of the width not a stand alone figure (so 70 implies 70%)

You may use this Calculator to determine tire diameter and circumference. The two sizes you have provided are different in both circumference and diameter.

http://www.csgnetwork.com/tiresizescalc.html

However running them in tandem is your choice, any mechanical worries? May be not, handling may be impaired.

according to the calculator diameter is difering by 1 inch or so,but my wory is about,damages to internal machanical parts like bush,razors due to USED(3500kms) difrnt siz tires

according to the calculator diameter is difering by 1 inch or so,but my wory is about,damages to internal machanical parts like bush,razors due to USED(3500kms) difrnt siz tires

The key is to use the same sized tyres on the same axles. Usually using oversize tyres throws camber out and that can cause premature tyre wear. It also causes more strain on the brakes and sometimes can increase braking distance.