• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rules Against Odo Meter Rollback?

Shri

Hi Guys,

Wanna know whether there is any rule over this?

I recently bought a second hand car ( Imported Brand new through agents by previous owner) from a broker( i never knew that, as he said its his wifes brothers car) and found that the digital odometer was reversed from 13k to 3.5k, as it is in excellent condition. It was done by him, not the previous owner.The thing is my vehicle is still under warranty and i cannot take it to the dealers now since the registered mileage on them are 3k-4k higher than the current vehicle odo reading.

So what needs to be done over this? I mean over the guy? because i have seen him advertised so many same type vehicles on the WEB and news papers with lesser odo readings and i dont like see others facing the same issue like me.

Do what JDnet mentioned... if you go to the agents with the true story, chances are the warranty will be made void... In any case, guess You've learned the lesson to verify maintenance records and general condition of a vehicle, rather than buy into "low mileage" stories..

What would happen to the 2 years or 40,000 km whichever comes first warranty?

40,000 will never come this way :)

Bro,

Now you have already purchased the car.

Car is not a perishable thing and within 13,000 km it won't expired.

At your next purchase, be very careful.

Now enjoy the life with your family, car...........

Drive miles with plenty of smiles..... :)

This is my two cents.....

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Wanna know whether there is any rule over this?

I recently bought a second hand car ( Imported Brand new through agents by previous owner) from a broker( i never knew that, as he said its his wifes brothers car) and found that the digital odometer was reversed from 13k to 3.5k, as it is in excellent condition. It was done by him, not the previous owner.The thing is my vehicle is still under warranty and i cannot take it to the dealers now since the registered mileage on them are 3k-4k higher than the current vehicle odo reading.

So what needs to be done over this? I mean over the guy? because i have seen him advertised so many same type vehicles on the WEB and news papers with lesser odo readings and i dont like see others facing the same issue like me.

Speak to the agents. Tell them what has happened and they might be willing to reset the odometer to the correct reading. Since the warranty is at least till 60 000km or 2 years I assume they might be reasonable.

Edited by The Don

Speak to the agents. Tell them what has happened and they might be willing to reset the odometer to the correct reading. Since the warranty is at least till 60 000km or 2 years I assume they might be reasonable.

I dont know bro, knowing our agents they'll claim that the OP ran more than the 60k and hence no longer covered under warranty. Or they can simply say that you messed with the car hence, warranty void. I say just service the car elsewhere till you pass the 13k mark and then go for the next free service.

I dont know bro, knowing our agents they'll claim that the OP ran more than the 60k and hence no longer covered under warranty. Or they can simply say that you messed with the car hence, warranty void. I say just service the car elsewhere till you pass the 13k mark and then go for the next free service.

You are probably right. The key question is when the last service was done, and if it was fairly recent they might be more understanding. I hope the vehicle has the service book.

Also I'm curious about when the OP figured out the actual value. it must be some reading.

The OP might be stung by another common dealer condition though. The warranty might not be transferable so this whole conversation might be pointless :)

You are probably right. The key question is when the last service was done, and if it was fairly recent they might be more understanding. I hope the vehicle has the service book.

Also I'm curious about when the OP figured out the actual value. it must be some reading.

The OP might be stung by another common dealer condition though. The warranty might not be transferable so this whole conversation might be pointless :)

IIRC, I think the OP mentioned that the last service was done at 13k at the agent (hence how he found out that the meter was turned). He might have mentioned this on his other thread on this issue..

I doubt the agent will try to authenticate if the OP is the initial owner, so he might be able to slip by that..

IIRC, I think the OP mentioned that the last service was done at 13k at the agent (hence how he found out that the meter was turned). He might have mentioned this on his other thread on this issue..

I doubt the agent will try to authenticate if the OP is the initial owner, so he might be able to slip by that..

Well, the vehicle has been serviced accordingly( At 1K and 5K) from agents, by previous owner.The 3rd service is scheduled at 10K(Which is not marked as done on agents records yet) and the last registered mileage on agents system is 8.8K during a minor repair. ( Found, later by me).

Meantime the previous owner has sold it to a broker while the ODO was 10.2K( With one service from agents remaining).Thats when the guy has turned the meter to 3.9K to increase the value.But he has serviced it from outside before giving it to me.( Because he knows it should be serviced at 10K)

So i purchaised it with that condition( With open papers) and now i've driven it upto 6.9K so far.Thats why i mention the original reading should be around 13K.

The vehicle is in good condition and i really satisfied its performance and features.

Thats the scenario.

Note: This individual mastered in selling VIVA Elites and is located in Ma*a*e area and most of his vehicles advertised are like this.He is very good at it.

Bro,

Now you have already purchased the car.

Car is not a perishable thing and within 13,000 km it won't expired.

At your next purchase, be very careful.

Now enjoy the life with your family, car...........

Drive miles with plenty of smiles..... :)

This is my two cents.....

+1