• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Micro Jeeps Are Good Or Bad ?

imalone

Question

Hi,

I wishes to buy a diesel jeep between 28lks - 35 lks. So i thing , i can buy a jeep , which is made by MICRO ( REXTON & KEYRON).

But my friends says, MICRO's Vehicles are not good , not famous , can't expect a good second market price & etc...............

So, guys wht abt ur ideas ?

Haha,good point.for some people a 30year old rust-bucket is more comfy and technically advanced than a 10 years old Korean,because its a Jap LOL once I was in the back seat of a 2005ish Harrier on snow,and it was skidding like a D*MO Batta.

Good point!-I'm sorry if my post was not clear. Not that I'm claiming to be any better than the typical Sri Lankan, - I am probably the same...but I didn't mean to imply that an OLD Pajero was better than a NEW Rexton.

(I apologize for confusing the matter by being nostalgic and bringing up an old vehicle, that may have muddied the waters a bit.)

My point is very simply: You can't compare the 2007 Rexton to a 2007 Prado and claim the Rexton is of similar build quality. Its not.

(Nor can you compare the 2007 Rexton to a 2007 Audi Q7 or Q5 and say the ride quality or the fit and finish is similar or even close, its not.)

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

Haha,good point.for some people a 30year old rust-bucket is more comfy and technically advanced than a 10 years old Korean,because its a Jap LOL once I was in the back seat of a 2005ish Harrier on snow,and it was skidding like a D*MO Batta.

Umm...wouldn't ANY vehicle slide around on snow? Just because its a 2005-ish Harrier it doesn't mean its impervious to road or weather conditions, does it?

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 5

I think it's more about fundamental differences between European(and Koreans following) and Japanese approach to increase fuel efficiency.

More focus on engine,steering,suspension technology improvements versus weight (and tyre width) reduction.Did you know that mid 2000 Sonata has same suspension arm arrangemet like early 2000 Audi A6? Bottom line:Japanese are not so good as the hype,and Korean not so bad( they use European technology transfers for vehicle development.so they are getting very close to European models when it comes to handling,power.in the last decade they were catching up,its just the Lankan mentality which overestimate one vs other)

good piece of info. now I'll make it a point not to travel on a harrier in the snow.

I drove a 2007 rexton in Galle once. Ride quality,handling,pick up was superb compared to Japanese suvs.almost close to the european SUVs(Audi Q5) I have driven here. But sadly it was developing some issues with the AT gearbox,it seems this was commmon in early models with a gearbox from an Aussie company.it seems they have changed to Japanese /Korean gearbox suppliers now.

Not a fair comparison. I have also driven Rexton, Kyron, Actyon, Korando and recently test drove a Tivoli as well...If you compare all these Ssangyong SUVs and Crossovers, Rexton is the best..But If you are comparing Rexton with Jap Suvs like Land Cruiser, Land Cruiser Prado or Montero then you have no idea about what you are suggesting here..You can't even get Q5 into the comparison list. I'm not suggesting here that Korean vehicles are crap..In fact they make pretty good reliable vehicles, but not yet up to Jap or Euro standards...

• Like 1

Comparing Rexton with prado,Pajero is also not wise.Harrier,Vessel,X3,Q5 are more in the same league of vehicle dimensions.If the OP had budget for a Prado,he would not ask about Musso right?

Comparing Rexton with prado,Pajero is also not wise.Harrier,Vessel,X3,Q5 are more in the same league of vehicle dimensions.If the OP had budget for a Prado,he would not ask about Musso right?
When was the last time you had your eye sight checked?

honda-hr-v-2015.jpg

ssangyong-rexton-w-2013.jpg

Edited by The Stig
  • Like 2

Let me remind you of an old saying - when you are in deep sh#t, keep your mouth shut...

• Like 3

So you compare 7 seater SUV with a 5 seater Crossover?

Rexton is same size as Prado?although Prado looks bigger with the sparewheel etc,Thanks for pointing out.Experts please also post dimensions of kyron,Prado and Pajero. But you have all missed the budget point,why OP is asking about Musso.If you say 10 year old Musso is not good,please suggest a model within his budget(3 mil?)betterthan a 30year old Japanese "computer model" rust bucket.?

Mate didn't you notice the thread has gone OT people are actually responding to this :

I drove a 2007 rexton in Galle once. Ride quality,handling,pick up was superb compared to Japanese suvs.almost close to the european SUVs(Audi Q5) I have driven here. But sadly it was developing some issues with the AT gearbox,it seems this was commmon in early models with a gearbox from an Aussie company.it seems they have changed to Japanese /Korean gearbox suppliers now.
Edited by matroska

Saangyong vehicles are not bad as discussed here. I've been using a Korando for last 4 years and no much complaints except the poor service of unprofessional dealer. Its worth for what I paid for. Vehicle is still intact and no falling interior parts as posted in some threads. Handling is superb and I have driven this vehicle to every corner of the country.

Present Saangyong engines (EXDI) are refined quite lot compared to previous ones. I noticed that most of engine parts are sourced from Bosch (sensors), Delphi (injector system), Mando (suspension system). Good that recently moved from crappy DIS (Australian) gear box to a Japanese AISIN.

• Like 1

I met 3 kyron owners.two of them said bad about it.the other didn't say it was bad.he was a doctor and use to travel a lot.he bought it for 2008 permit and when he sold it in 2013 it had nearly 200k km on the clock.all three said the ride is comfy and performance is acceptable.fc is around 10kmpl when pumping super diesel.usually a service would cost around 15k.

from what i saw,interior build quality is awful.arm resting pads on the door are tend to worn easily.even the sound of the door closure indicates poor build.

rexton is much better than kyron but both of them are assembled by our 'skilled' sri lankan chaps.

one of my friend said that his neighbour used to work in micro.he told me that his neighbour said to stay away from micro because of the poor build.most of the workers just twist the wires to connect them,but no shielding.it reminded me once another owner said that when he used to travel through flood fog lights and other lights turned on and off again and again without a reason.????