• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

To Horton Plains By March K12 And Alto K10

newone

Question

Good day to you all,

I am not sure whether this can be answered by you , or how stupid the question is, but I couldn't find any better place to get advice...

I am planing to go Horton plains by nissan march BK12 and my friends Alto K10.

bk12 with 4 persons and K10 with 5 persons. do you guys think its a good idea ?

Is the pulling power is enough with this passenger load ?

Thanks....

what is the problem with small cars? if they are properly maintained they can handle any road in SL(on road).only problem is the comfort.

have u ever been to ambuluwawa (kandy gampola) ?? once i went there few months back one alto (KT) was stuck in the middle of the top hill with 3 passengers.the power of alto was not sufficient to climb while it was a brand new one .

have u ever been to ambuluwawa (kandy gampola) ?? once i went there few months back one alto (KT) was stuck in the middle of the top hill with 3 passengers.the power of alto was not sufficient to climb while it was a brand new one .

ambuluwawa is a good test for any vehicle. my old KE74 (1500cc) did with only two people on board from research center to top.

BTW

nothing to worry if both cars maintain properly but pray for sunny day !

oh and another thing. make sure you have at least one set of normal halogen lights. HID's don't work for Shi'ite in the fog. you won't see a blessed thing two feet in front of you. and its well and good you're taking a van, I guess. but remember about the fog light thingey

Thanks Komi.. my car has normal fog lights.. also K10 have some kind of fog lamps.. :)

@newone

If you are going with 9 people in two cars then why worry about the pulling power. You have enough "man-power" should a problem arise. :mosking:

haha... absolutely :sport-smiley-004:

god -_- you will be okay.

i went on a auto CR41 with 8 on board. maximum speed we could attain while climbing was 20kmph, but still there no prob.

behind us was a maruti 800 with 5 on board. they bloody overtook us in the steep hill. so a K10 wont have any issue's

be careful though

there are some dangerous hairpins on the end of the hill..

a lil suggestion

keep some yellow plastic paper (the one's that are used for cheap vesak buckets) and some tape with you in case of fog.

otw we encountered heavy fog and believe it or not that plastic paper helped a wee bit

d8OlhnD.jpg

Last time i went to Hortan plains, i remember another car came along behind us. it was a Maruti 800 with three passengers. They even had a small child on board.

No one in our van believed that it will complete the trip. But, for the surprise of most of us, that thing managed to complete the trip without much fuss while our Van had to be halted twice due to overheating . So, with that experience i think it's safe to bet that an Alto can pull off the same stint without many issues.

But, carrying 5 persons might be an issue. Things will also depend on the condition of the car as well. So i think you have made a wise decision to hire a van

Even years ago I saw a maruti parked @ horton plains car park... but dont know how many onboard.. :)

pulling power will not be a problem in either car. I ve gone to see the 9 arched bridge at Ella in an estilo which has the same k10 engine with 5 people. when i went to the bottom of that vally I thought we might need a tow truck but the car pulled through. When it comes to ground clearence it will be the March to be taken care of!

Used to work in the area few years back. Have seen many Maruties and Altos going to Horton planes. I also used to drive a Maruti back then and had several journies to Horton planes with 3-4 people on board. Did not have a single issue.

long long time ago did a family trip to Diyathalawa, Badulla and back to Colombo on the coastline through Hambantota and the vehicle was a Maruti 800.

Went to see bambarakanda falls on the way and there was a steep stretch of road which didnt provide that much traction. Managed to get the car past that point by turning around and reversing uphill...