• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Modifications For Beginners

kelum_wj

I would like to thank our moderators for not bowing to intimidation and acting in an unbiased manner.Especially as Kelum_wj and some powerful members are trying desperately to get me banned from Autolanka for speaking the truth and standing up for what is right...Once again thank you!

For one thing, we don't have "powerful" members. (And people have called you that too, considering you are still here after getting into tons of arguments :P ) Unless you count Madz, and possibly Duncan.

And for another thing, if you make a proper case instead of just bashing, we do tend to listen. Which was why even guys like Sylvi and Cali survived so long. We've never been quick on the ban button at AL, except for obvious spammers with their enlargement medications and stuff.

And quite frankly, no one contacted me about banning anyone.

Less OT please. This thread bores me so I would like to visit as little as possible to have to sort out these tiffs.

Edited by Pericles

All right chaps I think everyone will agree that enough has been said now, this thread has been dragged all over the map more than enough.

Lets now stop all the sniping and pot shots and get back to the topic of modifications whether of the "performance" or "appearance" variety.

Cheers

Hi Supra

Didn't mean to disrespect you guys nor tried to tell you how to do your job.. I was just expressing how i felt about what happened here..

I was part of the AL community from 2010 and over the past 3 years i've learnt lot of things thanks to people who share their knowledge and experiences here.. Its one thing bashing ignorants like rotary head as komi said but what happened here..i dont know machan..

Anyways as you and MD pointed out one cant really point out that MDs posts are actual OT given the topic is Car modification for beginners...

So from now onwards I'll be a silent observer like i've done in most occasions and enjoy the show from a distance..

Cheers guys!

Machan as Don has said, opinion is always welcomed and you and everybody else has a right to express it. Its just that hinting at bias, no matter how broadly, is a trifle insulting.

Kudos to Kelum_wj for your efforts.

I have an issue with performance brake calipers. Now when you have more slave pistons you need to pump a greater fluid volume. Wouldn't that result in a significant change in your brake pedal travel assuming you are using the stock master pump? (I am not into performance mods at all and my knowledge in this area is very limited)

Edited by Rumesh88

Trinity, you have a right to express your own opinion, and we welcome that. Don't be afraid to do that. We simply chose to respect MDs right to do the same as long as he was willing to keep within the rules of the forum.

As you can understand car modification invokes strong emotions in various individuals. Some people are crazy for it and others deplore it. So you were always going to get a few objectors.

Don, Thanks for clearing that up machan..

Machan as Don has said, opinion is always welcomed and you and everybody else has a right to express it. Its just that hinting at bias, no matter how broadly, is a trifle insulting.

Supra i get what you mean bro. I know you guys have to consider lot of things before jumping in to a conclusion. I just saw MDs posts as mockery other than sharing the other side of what kelum is saying. So my conscience was asking for some moderation naturally. Maybe i didn't think broadly about the whole situation and commented out of that assumption.

Anyways i know that Maintaining equilibrium is a difficult thing and you guys work hard to do it every possible way.

I believe i've been here long enough for you guys to know that my intentions are for the betterment.

Regret if my post offended you guys.

Cheers!!

• Like 4

Don, Thanks for clearing that up machan..

Supra i get what you mean bro. I know you guys have to consider lot of things before jumping in to a conclusion. I just saw MDs posts as mockery other than sharing the other side of what kelum is saying. So my conscience was asking for some moderation naturally. Maybe i didn't think broadly about the whole situation and commented out of that assumption.

Anyways i know that Maintaining equilibrium is a difficult thing and you guys work hard to do it every possible way.

I believe i've been here long enough for you guys to know that my intentions are for the betterment.

Regret if my post offended you guys.

Cheers!!

No fuss dude.... Now lets put this to rest..

Oh thanks to our moderators for your assurance that I won't be banned.From the outset of this thread I have been the victim of much abuse from certain members.Thankfully the truth has prevailed at the end of the day...

Trinity.Please STFU and let the moderators do their job OK.

I shall of course continue to bring balance to this thread forever more.

Edited by MasterDon
  • Like 1

Kudos to Kelum_wj for your efforts.

I have an issue with performance brake calipers. Now when you have more slave pistons you need to pump a greater fluid volume. Wouldn't that result in a significant change in your brake pedal travel assuming you are using the stock master pump? (I am not into performance mods at all and my knowledge in this area is very limited)

It depends on the upgrade. If you are going for a 6 pot you'll definitely need to upgrade the master pump because extra fluid would be needed to push the extra pistons resulting in longer pedal travel. But for a 4 pot the difference in more or less negligible yet it depends on the car, the piston size of the calipers and the piston size of the master cylinder. If the stock master cylinder has a big piston then you needn't worry much if you are going for 4 pots but would be different if you are going for 6 pots and they are rarely being used on a daily driven car. Hope it cleared your doubt

Oh thanks to our moderators for your assurance that I won't be banned.From the outset of this thread I have been the victim of much abuse from certain members.Thankfully the truth has prevailed at the end of the day...

We said you won't be banned for what has been done thus far. Its not a blanket amnesty.

Ado now dont shout at me bro.. .... as you could see from my previous posts i've cleared the air with them...

Calm down cuz.. :)

Komi agreed...

Thats why i said what really matters is the information not what its provider wants to be.. or rather whats his ride for that matter..

qoute

people please. let's save our ire for idiots like rotaryhead who come here with ammi's and appi's money and waste our time

unquote

couldnt agree more..

And finally

I've seen Sylvi getting bashed over and over again by moderators especially Peri & Supra for going off the topic but here MD has got himself an immunity it seems.

No cleaner of weiner here to do justice...

p.s cuz no offence to you bro.

Where's Silvi? :speechless-smiley-003:

Haven't seen any of his posts for ages!

+1 .. there will always be cosmetic modifications, some will like and some wont. I am into to .. keep it stock or gring some juice out of it.. but I have a soft spot for tasteful cometic mods too.

As you so rightly have pointed out, whatever someone chooses to do with their car is their own business, whether it is a bodykitted civic or a tuned maruti.