• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Are Cars Sold As Brand New In Lk Of Lower Quality?

Lahiruwan

There is a possibility... most of the earlier 210 E class Mercs were from India and so was that funky looking ugly ass Honda Accord.

One of my relative said his neighbor has bought a BMW( F10 i assume) for permit and he had told this guy that its made in India

Still doesn't explain SLIC's involvement to me, unless it was actually caught in floods.

If that is the case, SLIC would foot the bill and 'doctor' should be happy to get a new turbo and a cylinder head :)

btw this 'doctor' is not from the medical field. definitely not a Komisiripala type. In fact this 'doctor' has his 'doctorate' from the same 'university' as THE famous politician.

I think most auto policies now have a flood cover as well, so quite likely the car was being driven in a flooded road and the idiot at the wheel figured "I have an expensive car so the waters will part for it as I AM GOD!" and drove straight in. Generally when cars get damaged due to flooding insurance pays up.

So many new Bmws in hospital. Guess our boys are bringing the phrase "doctor owned" to the high level that "lady driven" is at. Speaking of which, my bridesmaid has a k12 march which, after such loving and caring use by her, needed an engine replacement. This is a KA plate car. The cylinder head had cracked. Prices of aluminium were missing. Thankfully her husband is heavily influenced by the good doctor, so I got him to remove the 1000cc and stick in a 1200. And looks like we might have a cosmetic impul mod coming up as well. I'll open a thread if that takes off.

Changing the world one car at a time!

So many new Bmws in hospital. Guess our boys are bringing the phrase "doctor owned" to the high level that "lady driven" is at. Speaking of which, my bridesmaid has a k12 march which, after such loving and caring use by her, needed an engine replacement. This is a KA plate car. The cylinder head had cracked. Prices of aluminium were missing. Thankfully her husband is heavily influenced by the good doctor, so I got him to remove the 1000cc and stick in a 1200. And looks like we might have a cosmetic impul mod coming up as well. I'll open a thread if that takes off.

Changing the world one car at a time!

Impul's got a 1380CC + AWD afaik :)

At least get him to stick a 1380 CC off a BK12. That should be real fun to drive.

BTW I saw an ad for an impul spoiler in ######.

Edited by Crosswind

A little bit on warranty on any car.

Warranty is given only for a manufacturers faults, and does not cover damages caused by the drivers or how the vehicle is driven like for an example the TL story. Manufacturers must be idiots to give warranty for all the dumb things that some people do to their cars and the way they maintain them.

On this doctors story I believe prestige has given the doctor and the inusrance company an estimate and given an invoice for the work carried out as per the insurance approval. Dont see how the doctor can take that to courts.

On the European cars coming on permits, they dont manufacture any low grade cars, they have to stick to the given quality that they promise. The CIF cost maybe low but thats why some ask for a thundering local charge unlike the Japanese and Koreans.

@Magnum; tell your neighbour to check the chassis number of the BMW with a chassis decoder and it will tell you where the car is made. For ex: Japanese made cars start with a J, Koreans with a K, American with 1, British with SA and so forth.