• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Are Hybrid Cars Prone To Fire?

coolcar

If I may argue the point from another perspective, the risk of a fire (ie probability of occurring a fire) for a whole item is the sum of fire risks in each individual component of the item. If a car with an ICE engine would have a risk of, let's say R1, then a hybrid car would have a risk of R1+R2 where R2 is the risk of fire purely due to hybrid battery and associated electronic system. However, everything else between the two cars are assumed to be equal here. Hence we may deduce R1<R1+R2 always.

• Like 1

If I may argue the point from another perspective, the risk of a fire (ie probability of occurring a fire) for a whole item is the sum of fire risks in each individual component of the item. If a car with an ICE engine would have a risk of, let's say R1, then a hybrid car would have a risk of R1+R2 where R2 is the risk of fire purely due to hybrid battery and associated electronic system. However, everything else between the two cars are assumed to be equal here. Hence we may deduce R1<R1+R2 always.

Nice explanation....

You understood wrong. I was referring to what I said about carrying explosive chemicals under the back seat. ANY car with as ICE carries a fire risk. Fuel is highly combustible and as many safety measure as they put, there is always a risk.

Maybe whats wrong with our nation is people jumping into wrong conclusions and spouting sanctimonious bullshit based on entirely on what the voices in their heads are saying rather than what was actually said?

kNk9e.jpg

Extremely sorry for my misunderstanding upon your comment,

But, rest of the things (safety matter and respect to others thoughts) are valid for majority here.