• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Mid Size Rv/suv

john cooper

You couldn’t stay away from the freaking Toyota badge…!! Hard coded in-to DNA no? :D

Anyways, have fun..! Thrash the thing.! Update here if you come across anything interesting during the trip. :)

Hello MrCat

I dont kw what is the reason the toyota is alway the 1st choice to me, but for my dad its Mitshubishi don't kw hw got changed from him to me and for sure TOYOTA is hard coded to me now :D :D i have never had any luck with Mitsu few times ended with big bills

Gone Pickup the new car after the office :D waiting to drive the little BUG,

Edited by john cooper

Can but don't on tarmac. The toyota line up (Rav4, Prado and Land Cruiser and if I'm correct even the Surf/4Runner) are full time 4WD (i.e. AWD) so they handle the usual wet roads, gravel and light mud quite well. The center diff lock is to handle more challenging slippery conditions.

why not consider an old Sportage or an AWD X-trail? Both come with center diff lock, old Sportages got a manual shift Hi-Lo range center diff lock and the Xtrail comes with a button operated only Hi range though

BTW, none in your list perhaps bar Terrano can handle 2-3ft of water. If you must wade, take the usual safety porecautions i.e.

1) ask your least favourire passenger to do a pilot wade across the water on foot to check depth, flow speed and hidden pot holes, etc.

2) drape a tarpoline or a sheet of plastic over the front grill and bumber to cover the air intakes

3) drive across in one continous motion with just enough speed that you maintain a bow wave at the front of your vehicle but not higher than the front end of your bonnet.

4) If you had to stop in the middle of water - pray

alternatively, find a rig which is fitted with a snorkle. You won't be able to go scuba diving but will give a bit more safety against that dreaded water-ingestion into the cylinders. However, considering the your budget the vehicle is most likely to be quite old and used and will leak through every door beading

1) And crocs

Also get some breather lines soughted out once you get the vehicle help keep the differentials and gearbox clean...take off the factory door cards you might spoil them pretty good in your wading...

U guys are awesome...................... iRage, MrCat,HardHat and YALA (hope didn't miss anyone else) Thank you guys

-- This is too good to trash guys no rattle no gear crunch all works still as it should, YALA dude i have decided to drive with Air con and cover the seats coz i can get a good resell value........ this is a real bargain

U guys are awesome...................... iRage, MrCat,HardHat and YALA (hope didn't miss anyone else) Thank you guys

-- This is too good to trash guys no rattle no gear crunch all works still as it should, YALA dude i have decided to drive with Air con and cover the seats coz i can get a good resell value........ this is a real bargain

You just bought it and you're thinking of resale value already?

jdZa6Fp.jpg

Thinking of buying a temporary RV/SUV for the summer vacation, got a list of small to mid size SUV’s but bit confused which one to select,

My Main concerns as below:

He says he's buying a temporary vehicle to use for the summer. Presumably he's planning to sell it after the vacation.

You just bought it and you're thinking of resale value already?
Edited by lkars

:D :D I used to buy and sell cars as a hobby (Coz i like to try different vehicles) not always for the profit but i can drive it :D so i am selling this after the Summer but i do have 2 vehicle that with me for long time

Edited by john cooper

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After all, My RAV4 BUG is on the Market and i have listed this on last Sunday with the stating bid of $2500 and see how its today :smilie_liebe9: i am impress about the bids and still few days to go

- Bought it for $2700 and spend nothing

http://www.flickr.com/photos/115088559@N08/12056445113/

Tks guys for all the info given