• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

So then all of us should pay for this idiot's foolishness.

They should consider the size of the vehicle before giving the speed limits.

Would have been nice if that were the case but although we all are frustrated of idiots in less capable vehicles speeding, I don't think there is any road in the world which imposes different speed limits depending on the make or model of the vehicle. Imagine how impractical drafting and imposing such a law would be. A less capable driver on a Porsche could equally be a danger to self and others.

Different speed limits for different categories of vehicles (i.e. truck and busses as opposed to cars and light vehicles) is common though.

• Like 3

Sorry to say, but speed limit is a 'speed limit' and does not depend on the size of car concerned.

If you think that you have a better car and thereby can go faster..and so speed limit shoudn't apply...it shows your true mentality...............

Sri Lanka needs less of people with this mindset.

Edited by ruwds

Now that D*MO battas and Maruti 800s will also go to 100kmph and while Porsches should also go at the same speed

Sorry to say, but speed limit is a 'speed limit' and does not depend on the size of car concerned.

If you think that you have a better car and thereby can go faster..and so speed limit shoudn't apply...it shows your true mentality...............

Sri Lanka needs less of people with this mindset.

Be cool....

I don't think he did mean the rough idea of it.

1. I think by implementing such action will only makes bribes given/ taken by relevant authorities will rice and privileged community will get away and rest of the people has to suffer.

2. Human are considered having high brain function and good thinking capacity, so they must know their driving capacity and vehicle capability thus drive safely.

3. Let's say some Indian company built a car like TATA nano with ultra light weight and slim tyres less aero dynamic featurs for city taxi which will loose control beyond 80 kmph, which become popular among people. It still a car thus can enter express way. then accidents start to happen below 100kmph. are we going to bring down the limit to 80kmph?

4. Normal A class roads also having dangerous bends where accidents happen frequent but most of the time there no speed limit but warnings

5. AFAIK most of the deaths on E 01 occurred because they were not wearing seat belt at the time accident happen.

6. As Sampath Gunasekara mentioned above, those car owners have been warned about speeding. so ultimately careless people will drive whatever the speed limit is and Meaning of the E 01 will be meanless.

Edited by Charith H Jayasinghe

There's a good point but probability to happen that is very low compared to other way.

The reason that you think the probability is low is because there are fewer porsches or ferrari's or other sports cars in the country. If you wanna use statistics, Ferraris should not be allowed on the E1 because 33% of all Ferraris in Sri lanka have been wrecked in accidents. Same goes for 50% of R34 GTRs. :P

Eventually it's not the car but the driver. A driver should know what his car is capable of and what it's not. Simple as that. The problem is that to most sri lankans, the bragging rights of "my car did XXX km/h on the expressway" gives them a certain level of masculinity.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

was on the expressway over the weekend and they had signs at the ticket counters saying 100KM/H is the maximum speed limit. The guy at the toll gate also told me that any faster than that, I'd be copped! So I maintained my speed of 100km/h the entire journey, in my 2.5 litre V6. Ironically, the guys who overtook me were in Nissan March's, Marutis and Viva Elite's! These are the guys who seem to be thrashing!

was on the expressway over the weekend and they had signs at the ticket counters saying 100KM/H is the maximum speed limit. The guy at the toll gate also told me that any faster than that, I'd be copped! So I maintained my speed of 100km/h the entire journey, in my 2.5 litre V6. Ironically, the guys who overtook me were in Nissan March's, Marutis and Viva Elite's! These are the guys who seem to be thrashing!

I was over taken by a bus on E01 last Saturday (10th Aug ) while doing 120 kmph

Ironically, the guys who overtook me were in Nissan March's, Marutis and Viva Elite's! These are the guys who seem to be thrashing!

I've noticed it too. It does seems smaller the vehicle the faster they go in our expressway :)

I'm wondering if these people are in some way trying to make up for something they lack

Edited by liya
  • Like 1

so you both broke the law.. your point being??????

I was comfortably cruising did not notice that I was doing 120 kmph until I looked at the speedo when the bus overtook me. What I have noticed is that you need to keep an eye on the speedo otherwise virtually impossible to judge the speed.

I was comfortably cruising did not notice that I was doing 120 kmph until I looked at the speedo when the bus overtook me. What I have noticed is that you need to keep an eye on the speedo otherwise virtually impossible to judge the speed.

never thought cruise control would become so handy in SL context :)

Hell yes.... the weapon of choice for the E01 for me is the Grande Punto.... set the CC at 100 and just chill... :)

both 406s had it and obviously the 407 also has it.

Nice way of responding to those who tries to put down the features in euro cars saying "those are not really essential features.. " ;)

both 406s had it and obviously the 407 also has it.

Nice way of responding to those who tries to put down the features in euro cars saying "those are not really essential features.. " ;)

Our Gen2 had it! Euro my backside! :P

Tho the current Personna doesn't. This isn't a fully speced car. Option available, not take by dad.

Our Gen2 had it! Euro my backside! :P

Tho the current Personna doesn't. This isn't a fully speced car. Option available, not take by dad.

Most of the newer japs seem to come with it as standard too....

newer ones has it true but in Euros these were available from early days and there was a time (may be even now) some features were not known (popular) and some even claimed not useful etc.

The same crowd price the prius or premio higher by few hundred thousand for those features now. prius with head light washers and cruise control is priced about a hundred thousand more than the basic one and premio is 500,000 higher for just having driver electric seat. :D

newer ones has it true but in Euros these were available from early days and there was a time (may be even now) some features were not known (popular) and some even claimed not useful etc.

The same crowd price the prius or premio higher by few hundred thousand for those features now. prius with head light washers and cruise control is priced about a hundred thousand more than the basic one and premio is 500,000 higher for just having driver electric seat. :D

Cruise control is worth the extra money, even if it is 100K.

Not sure about the value of spending extra 500K for having electrically adjustable seat for the driver.

How is that?

CKE is lit up all the way up to the end. Chances are higher to damage a lamp post during accident. The authorities will charge the repair cost of the lamp post which will be well over LKR 100,000/= in addition to the other damages to the road.