• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2Nd Hand Market Of The Hybrid Vehicles

bumblebee

Question

Im using a Toyota Axio.Wish to sell it and buy a new hybrid.But i wonder about its 2nd hand market.I've never heard of anyone using a second hand one..

In my opinion hybrid is more sophisticated and worth driving for its minimal fuel expenses.But on the otherhand its more like a computer and vulnerable to electronic damage and the battery is expensive;Further more, its said that long distance travel is not worthy than the short distance one.

The current gov budget proposal is more towards the supportin of the hybrids.So I hope more will be used in future and options would be available.

So is it worth to buy a hybrid regardless of the second hand value..?

I value your reply..

Bumblebee

Edited by bumblebee

Exactly my point! The GE6 is such an under-rated car in SL. Its gives you a superb ride plus great fuel economies. Best of all due to all this hybrid hype you get owners who bail out selling their vehicles for prices you suggest :smilie_liebe9:

For argument sake lets say I buy a GE6 for 2.5M, whereas I could go for a GP1 for 3.2M. That would mean I'd save Rs. 700k whereas the GP1 would allow me say max 15km/l in fuel savings. Again lets assume I do 2000km/month, still that would take more than 5 years to recover that 700k. Do the math! :speechless-smiley-004:

So why spend more for almost the same experience. I find it better to save that amount for any unforeseen situation & some nice mods :crazy_pilot:

Exactly my point! The GE6 is such an under-rated car in SL. Its gives you a superb ride plus great fuel economies. Best of all due to all this hybrid hype you get owners who bail out selling their vehicles for prices you suggest :smilie_liebe9:

For argument sake lets say I buy a GE6 for 2.5M, whereas I could go for a GP1 for 3.2M. That would mean I'd save Rs. 700k whereas the GP1 would allow me say max 15km/l in fuel savings. Again lets assume I do 2000km/month, still that would take more than 5 years to recover that 700k. Do the math! :speechless-smiley-004:

So why spend more for almost the same experience. I find it better to save that amount for any unforeseen situation & some nice mods :crazy_pilot:

You are spot on If you think about the fuel efficiency.. but for 3.2Mil you will get a way better driving pleasure than what you have in GE 6, FIT hybrid comes with tiptronic, sports gear and all the other latest Honda technology… and of course you cant buy a 2013 brand new vehicle for the price of 2006 model. It’s a silly comparison…

And don’t forget, according to US news ranking the 2nd best hatchback in 2013 is Honda FIT…but if your price range is 2.6 then you should stick to what you have...

Edited by zee boy

OMG! So are we arguing about the GE6 now. My dear Zee boy, firstly both the GE6 & the GP1 share the same chasis. The drivetrains are different but they share the same engine. Only difference is the electric motor but the hp advantage is offset by the added weight. I don't know where you got the idea of better driving pleasure when the car constantly wants you to rev low to give that awesome fuel economy. Go drive both cars first.

Secondly, I'm comparing vehicles of similar YOM. I really don't know from where you are going to get a 2013 GP1 for 3.2M. Also I'm sure you're referring to a parallel universe cause the GE6 only debuted in 2007. Unless you mistakenly was referring to the GD1. So get your facts right!

Finally, we are talking about Sri Lanka & not about the States. Even that website you pulled that wonderful statistic on "Affordable Small Cars" ;) clearly refers to the GE6/8 & not the hybrid variant. So please comment after double-checking your sources.

OMG! So are we arguing about the GE6 now. My dear Zee boy, firstly both the GE6 & the GP1 share the same chasis. The drivetrains are different but they share the same engine. Only difference is the electric motor but the hp advantage is offset by the added weight. I don't know where you got the idea of better driving pleasure when the car constantly wants you to rev low to give that awesome fuel economy. Go drive both cars first.

Secondly, I'm comparing vehicles of similar YOM. I really don't know from where you are going to get a 2013 GP1 for 3.2M. Also I'm sure you're referring to a parallel universe cause the GE6 only debuted in 2007. Unless you mistakenly was referring to the GD1. So get your facts right!

Finally, we are talking about Sri Lanka & not about the States. Even that website you pulled that wonderful statistic on "Affordable Small Cars" ;) clearly refers to the GE6/8 & not the hybrid variant. So please comment after double-checking your sources.

does GP 6 comes with sports gear and paddel shift ??? and of course you can directly import a 2013 FIT hybrid car for around 3.2 Mil. And FIT hybrid won the 2013 Japan car of the year title..dude..I am not arguing about GE 6 but you cant compare a 2007 FIT with a 2013 brand new FIT, I have driven the both.. hybrid you have 3 options, either you cann go on Echo mode or Regular mode or Sport gear on which is more fun ...and if you want to upgrade your car you will need extra money to do so...if your budget is 2.6 and still you need a brand new vehicle then its better to go for a Indian estilo or something..

Hybrods are the new religion.... you get the converts, skeptics, the crazy happy clappies and the Aethists... ;)

My take now on Hybrids are let and let live... :)

You can sing all you want, you can cry all you want, just don't tell me I should join. Let my 10 year old, no paddle shift, no ECHO drive, no fancy gizmo gas guzzling earth killing sinner be... :)

buddy Echo mode is less fun regular mode is Ok Sport mode is more fun

Uhh.....talking about digging your own grave...it is ECO !! Not ECHO !!! It is ECO !!!! ECHO means "do-ngkaraya" the only thing that would have bloody echo mode in your car is the damn stereo !!! If any part of your car has an ECHO you seriously need to thing about getting it checked out.

Hmm....I guess Cali is a contagious disease as well ?

Anyway, was shopping around for a new car in Japan about 2 years ago (which is where we live/lived/living again soon). Drove both the gasoline and Hybrid Fits and got to keep the car for a day each. We live in a mountany area and the IMA hardly provided any significant "assistance" whilst trying to climb up these hills at normal pace. ECO mode was a pain in the @$# ! Sports mode apparently sharpened up the gear shifting as well as change the parameters of the IMA engagement/assistance as well...so keeping your Hybrid in sports mode all the time might not make it any more economical than the normal variant.

Edited by iRage

My point is one day there would be a shift to full electronic vehicles and people have to abandon the gasoline ones(may be in another 50 yrs) ,but I really do wonder the hybrid drivers today have any idea of whom to resell their vehicle..I humbly think that only a part exchange would be possible...

All the hybrid owners today welcome to answer.......

Edited by bumblebee

Hybrid owners today are the VHS fans yesterday.... :) Or the LaserDisc fans... or the cassette Tape guys... See technology evolves... no point in embracing each and every tech that comes your way. Stick with something you like and stay with it till it is not feasible anymore. Hybrids today are just that. I wouldn't invest 4 million plus on tech that will be replaced in a few years making my asset an expensive and useless metal cage... ;)

I sympathize with the few Gen 1 Prius owners in LKA... true, they were brave to embrace the new tech. But going by the standard mentality of the so called car buying public whose first priority is RESALE in 5 years, I dread to think what will become of those hundreds if not thousands of Hybrids reaching our shores.

I mean, if everyone wants to buy a brand new Hybrid.... what will become of the used ones?

That's the exact question I'm raising here VVTi....If there's a good answer I'm going to buy one in near future...Wt's the second hand market..?

To get a better answer to your question, why don't you open a poll: 'Would you buy a second hand hybrid?' or something like that.

To get a better answer to your question, why don't you open a poll: 'Would you buy a second hand hybrid?' or something like that.

This is not a closed-ended question which fits to a poll. alternative question is

"Would you buy a 5 years old used hybrid for a price > 1.8 Mil".

This is just an example, 1.8 Mil should be replaced by whatever the value that "zee boy" can predict.

Edited by MV-5

Members,

Within next 10 years world will make more electric (hybrid) vehicles.

R&D they spend lot of money to develop even better electric (hybrid) cars.

Electric (hybrid) car manufactures, insisting battery manufactures to develop batteries to last more years.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

WHATEVER,

I suppose this is more than just a 'yes' or 'no' answer..This is a kind of survey regarding the pros and cons of buying a hybrid which has an undefinite future in reselling..Still any current hybrid user has not provided a better answer.

WHATEVER,

I suppose this is more than just a 'yes' or 'no' answer..This is a kind of survey regarding the pros and cons of buying a hybrid which has an undefinite future in reselling..Still any current hybrid user has not provided a better answer.

Why do I get the feeling that the Hybrid owners are hiding face unable to face the reality? :sad-smiley-067:

WHATEVER,

machang, why don't you stop beating around the bush, go to HitAd office or Autolanka office and put out ads for this Sunday papers? It seems that you have in your hands a Prius/Insight/Aqua, that you need to unload in a hurry and you are fishing for a ideal second hand price.

Edited by VVTi