• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Petrol Stations You Should Avoid

Niranjan de Silva

That's enough!...What's wrong with you?

Sure the man talks nonsense sometimes but that's not a license for for you to bash his every post over and over....Atleast consider his age!

You may think you're big shot just cos you did up some crappy cars and made a garage baas very rich...but please remember we're all equal at AL.

If you have something personal against Sylvi I will be more than happy to introduce you to him so you can hurl any abuse toward the guy face to face...Till then let the moderators do their jobs and keep Sylvi in line.

Kinda contradicting yourself when you say things like this, no?

I'm with Komi and D on this. The man is a bloody hypocrite. I called him out myself recently. Even forgetting the rambling or talking nonsense, a Hypocrite, braggart and a flat out liar.

I judge people by actions, not age.

correct me if I am wrong. But the two best gas stations in Colombo have to be one adjacent to MGM at Bambalapitiya (Near MC) and the one near the St. Bridget Junction adjacent to St Bridget Convent. Both are IOC and there service is superb!!!

Wasn't there an issue with water been mixed with gasoline at the fuel station by St. Bridgets few years ago? I guess all is good now or did the management change?

There are many people who dont get down from their vehicles even when bying from road side vegetable and fish stalls. May be the the ownership of four wheels has hit their heads that bad. Any way the occational near to rotting fish or the carrot will end up in their bags.

This same scenario happens at the fuel station where the owners do not get down from their vehicles. People will cease the opportunity to snatch an extra buck at some time. The frequency and intensity one does such an action would I think will be determined by the level of his upbringing. As VVTI pointed out, there are two sides to such stories.

Best thing when fuelling is to take cash with you, get down when fuelling up, pay only after the pumping is completed and the cap is properly closed. There are so many vehilces running with fuel lids not closed and fuel spilled on the body.

I think this got nothing to do with vehicle owners been all high and mighty. Its simply a convenience thing. No similar to how you can order stuff right from your at Pilla or Shanthi Vihar.

I think this got nothing to do with vehicle owners been all high and mighty. Its simply a convenience thing. No similar to how you can order stuff right from your at Pilla or Shanthi Vihar.

OT:

That's another thing I find kinda not-quite-right. What's the big deal in parking (which is right outside one of these places) and walking the 20 meters to the shop counter to order your food. It's not like the driver is strapped into the space shuttle and requires hours to strap in/out from the seat. What next, the piilawoos waiter sits with you in the back seat and feeds you the koththu by hand?

And you cant deny that the pilawoos crowd are not the typical koththu-joint crowd. The crowd is from few rungs higher up the social ladder. And most of them started going there cos it was the 'in thing' to do at one point..

• Like 1

OT:

That's another thing I find kinda not-quite-right. What's the big deal in parking (which is right outside one of these places) and walking the 20 meters to the shop counter to order your food. It's not like the driver is strapped into the space shuttle and requires hours to strap in/out from the seat. What next, the piilawoos waiter sits with you in the back seat and feeds you the koththu by hand?

And you cant deny that the pilawoos crowd are not the typical koththu-joint crowd. The crowd is from few rungs higher up the social ladder. And most of them started going there cos it was the 'in thing' to do at one point..

Pila's waiters are quite used to the people eating in their cars thing, thats why they hang around outside... I think that model has been pretty well optimized now. And let's face it, sometimes you are just too damn lazy to get down, walk in, sit down etc...

Pila's waiters are quite used to the people eating in their cars thing, thats why they hang around outside... I think that model has been pretty well optimized now. And let's face it, sometimes you are just too damn lazy to get down, walk in, sit down etc...

Sometime u r just too lazy... sometimes u r too drunk... sometimes there's just not enough seats at pila or sometimes the folks with u just dont feel like goin in...

BUt the fact is, what does this have to do with pumping petrol??? If Pila has a habit of cheating people who order food while sitting in their cars, then people will soon stop doing it and Pila will lose business. Pila is not in a captive market. But petrol sheds are!

Comparing Pila with petrol sheds are worse than comparing apples and oranges.

I thought people don't go in to eat at Pila coz if they saw the kitchen, they wouldn't eat there :P

I thought people don't go in to eat at Pila coz if they saw the kitchen, they wouldn't eat there :P

I stopped going to Pilawoos after one night of heavy drinking... went to the shitter inside and saw a guy washing cutting leeks and carrots next to the squatting pan... :) With a nice bread pudding (not mine) still fresh on it... ;) Sobered up pretty fast when reaiized that the batch was meant for our crowd... :)

Forgot why I went in there too. Walked home and peed... :)

Not been there since.

• Like 7

Pericles,

Are you entrusted to moderate a forum or to criticize members? Your face on the forum proves you have a hypocritical look like.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

In short, you can't. Proving you are a liar and a hypocrite. And braggart just got proved on the other thread were you started gabbing on about Andare's land again.

Proved 3 for 3 without any effort. Chapter closed.

In short, you can't. Proving you are a liar and a hypocrite. And braggart just got proved on the other thread were you started gabbing on about Andare's land again.

Proved 3 for 3 without any effort. Chapter closed.

Pericles,

Good at last to decide, chapter closed by you. End should come for every thing.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1

I went to a Laugfs for the first time to pump petrol. In particular this was the Havelock Town Laugfs Shed. They only have 95 Octane and they pump from a Ceypetco petrol pump. Still the service is very professional. They never rush you. Also less congested as it only has 95 Octane at Rs.170/= a Liter. The only issue with Laugfs is that they have a bare minimum number of Sheds and some of their service stations do not sell fuel (Like their service station opposite Arpico Dehiwela). Although they seem to be renovating that place. Hopefully they will start selling fuel there.

I went to a Laugfs for the first time to pump petrol. In particular this was the Havelock Town Laugfs Shed. They only have 95 Octane and they pump from a Ceypetco petrol pump. Still the service is very professional. They never rush you. Also less congested as it only has 95 Octane at Rs.170/= a Liter. The only issue with Laugfs is that they have a bare minimum number of Sheds and some of their service stations do not sell fuel (Like their service station opposite Arpico Dehiwela). Although they seem to be renovating that place. Hopefully they will start selling fuel there.

Laugfs havelock town is generally quite decent... their service levels are spot on usually, I pump mostly from them.