• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Petrol Stations You Should Avoid

Niranjan de Silva

I think most people commenting here should do well to take a look at their own driving habbits instead of examining the curvature of the pump attendant's anus with an app each time they stop for fuel.Most people seems to think speeding equals aggressive driving and then proceed drive slow in the middle of the road.That is utter rubbish.Its all about the revs and being on the right gear at the right time and keeping the momentum going.You can save lots just by learning to anticipate other road user's next move and behaving accordingly.I have a cousin who accelerates like an imbecile and brakes like a j***a$$ but never exceeds 60 cos "it burns fuel".We do the same same journey in the same car and bugger is always amazed how the car does better on fuel when I drive,and we get home quicker too.

• Like 3

I usually travel to Kandy during weekends, both instances I mentioned here I had two occupants and I was on way back to Colombo on Sunday night around 9pm. A/C also on full time. I stick to regular driving + occasional speeding.

I do understand the fact that the consumption may vary due to various factors, but my observation is that irrespective of higher or lower fuel consumption figures that my car display indicates is less than the computed number.

Only on these two instances the computed efficiency was less than the kmpl indicated in the display. Like you said it may be totally due to some other facts, but good to be vigilant, isn't it.

Looks like AL members have defined a new mode or driving,

"4. Was the driving pattern the same (Aggressive,regular or Prius)" :)

you guys should wage war against priuschat .com which has a thread called 500miles club (those who completed 500miles/800km on one full tank of fuel post the picture of the trip meter)

lol, you know most Prius drivers are in a different league, it's better to categorize them separately. Anyway I have nothing against the Prius. And it's always good to be mindful about these kinda things. It helps you to avoid future losses as well as unwanted trouble.

So next time why don't you change the petrol station and see. Maybe it could be an isolated incident. Maybe it's not.Maybe car calculates it incorrectly. Again various factors.

Anyway what I believe is that you don't have to match cars calculations against app calculations, it just make things more complicated. Just stick to the manual calculations and see if there's a drastic change in overall fuel consumption. Then proceed on that point onwards..

Edited by trinity

I think most people commenting here should do well to take a look at their own driving habbits instead of examining the curvature of the pump attendant's anus with an app each time they stop for fuel.Most people seems to think speeding equals aggressive driving and then proceed drive slow in the middle of the road.That is utter rubbish.Its all about the revs and being on the right gear at the right time and keeping the momentum going.You can save lots just by learning to anticipate other road user's next move and behaving accordingly.I have a cousin who accelerates like an imbecile and brakes like a j***a$$ but never exceeds 60 cos "it burns fuel".We do the same same journey in the same car and bugger is always amazed how the car does better on fuel when I drive,and we get home quicker too.

I am willing to bet these guys reuses condoms to get max usage out of them... and at least one of them uses a app to measure performance... :)

• Like 1

This is the most sensible thing posted here over the last day or two...

I am willing to bet these guys reuses condoms to get max usage out of them... and at least one of them uses a app to measure performance... :)

It really does depress, no?

Yeah, many posts during the last few days are OT (including this ;) ). BTW, it started with some of us getting anal about app/tech usage - now I come from a much older generation and I don't apps to track when and how I pump fuel, but still think that there nothing so wrong about using the tech to your advantage specially if it is easier for some people to mange that way. And I also think if the car gave you enough accurate data to understand your driving and the car's performance - it would be for the better, not the detriment, and I wouldn't find it depressing at all .. and MasterDon's cousin just might learn what he's doing wrong!

• Like 4

Totally agreed with MD.

• 5 months later...

Just to create awareness to be vigilant of the ceypetco station at the jubilee post mirihana roundabout. Maybe not the station but one of the attendees seemed a crook. Resets the pump when ur not looking or engages you so your not focused on tha pump reading and immediately starts filling the bike behind and U've got no choice but to pay up the exaggerated amount since they don't want to hold up the que. Happened to us twice. Was not happy when asked for a receipt. Never going there again.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="VTEC" data-cid="276852" data-time="1430465403"><p>

Just to create awareness to be vigilant of the ceypetco station at the jubilee post mirihana roundabout. Maybe not the station but one of the attendees seemed a crook. Resets the pump when ur not looking or engages you so your not focused on tha pump reading and immediately starts filling the bike behind and U've got no choice but to pay up the exaggerated amount since they don't want to hold up the que. Happened to us twice. Was not happy when asked for a receipt. Never going there again.</p></blockquote>

What the hell? Surely you can pay up what you owe and be done with it right? Else make a scene queue or no queue. It's our money in the first place.

Probably just one guy. Make sure that you notify the management. Also try to stick to one station so you can resolve any issues amicably.