• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Diesel Standards

GTAm

Question

Why is it advisable to replace the diesel filter (even a fairly new one) to go inline with this change in Super Diesel? Is it only to garner the real benefits of the new fuel or is there any other reason?

Well I guess a change of fuel filter is recommended so that you do not carry forward the dirt collected from the previous diesel to be held against the new diesel which is being filtered.

I changed my diesel filter yesterday and noticed that it had collected very little dirt than usual. Guess the new super diesel four star IS cleaner than its' predecessor.

I am noticing a massive gain in kmpl though (shamefully). :speechless-smiley-004:
Mind sharing the numbers/kmpl? I hope u measure by the full tank to full tank method?

Getting back to you on the fuel figures

After complete filter oil change etc

First tankful

Same Pump, same usual run arounds

15-16kmpl (gain)

Second tankful

Same pump, same usual run arounds more or less the same

9-10kmpls (usual)

:speechless-smiley-004:

As others mentioned.. normal diesel is 3000ppm sulfur and 46 cetane and super diesel aka 4 star super is 500ppm and 50 cetane. For newer commonrail engines its recommend to use a low sulfur fuel and would highly matter for the life of the injectors. You will not get any benefit using super diesel in older engines in fact it can damage the fuel pums as the sulfur in diesel is used as a lubrication for the fuel pump. If your ecu can detect the 50 cetane and adjust the timing accordingly yes your engine will run smoother..way less smoky and also you can get a bit of extra milage during services..but don't expect better fuel economy with super diesel. Chances are you will get one or two kms less per liter..

As others mentioned.. normal diesel is 3000ppm sulfur and 46 cetane and super diesel aka 4 star super is 500ppm and 50 cetane. For newer commonrail engines its recommend to use a low sulfur fuel and would highly matter for the life of the injectors. You will not get any benefit using super diesel in older engines in fact it can damage the fuel pums as the sulfur in diesel is used as a lubrication for the fuel pump. If your ecu can detect the 50 cetane and adjust the timing accordingly yes your engine will run smoother..way less smoky and also you can get a bit of extra milage during services..but don't expect better fuel economy with super diesel. Chances are you will get one or two kms less per liter..

adding onto my previous note, i guess the ECU has done a few changes, the engine is much more silent now, and pulls way better, as for economy I've stated before,

Btw do they still distribute the older super diesel or is it 4star all over? and they've not labelled it? (obviously only Ceypetco)