• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Radiator Fan Working Continuously On Ek 3

sampath2829

Guys thanks.

Rumesh especially. ur a star :grinning-smiley-043: ..being helping me a lot.

I have a separate thread on the car here; http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15679-carina-at-170-help-in-a-few-repairs/

Well;

I have done the three things mentioned;

1/ Replaced the radiator - water level is perfect now..doesnt go down at all..will be replacing with coolant probably next week

2/ Replaced the water pump

3/ Timing, well i did a tuneup. but there is still an issue with the carb which i will address soon.

No vibrations in the engine..runs smooth. Starts well. Pulling power is ok.

The heat gauge is right in the middle after travelling abt 15kms. Doesnt go above that tho. I travel in teh city mostly have not gone outstation but drive 45 kms everyday. Never seen it going beyond the middle mark. (It went once above this, to see the radiator fan had stopped working due to a faulty fuse :angry-smiley-044: )

Any other things I should check before wiring via the thermostat? Any way I could check if its okay after wiring it?

Edited by kalingabd

Guys thanks.

I have a separate thread on the car here; http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15679-carina-at-170-help-in-a-few-repairs/

I have done the three things mentioned;

1/ Replaced the radiator - water level is perfect now..doesnt go down at all..will be replacing with coolant probably next week

2/ Replaced the water pump

3/ Timing, well i did a tuneup. but there is still an issue with the carb which i will address soon.

No vibrations in the engine..runs smooth. Starts well. Pulling power is ok.

The heat gauge is right in the middle after travelling abt 15kms. Doesnt go above that tho. I travel in teh city mostly have not gone outstation but drive 45 kms everyday. Never seen it going beyond the middle mark. (It went once above this, to see the radiator fan had stopped working due to a faulty fuse :angry-smiley-044: )

Any other things I should check before wiring via the thermostat? Any way I could check if its okay after wiring it?

Oh! it's you then! Better if can you get back to the original thread. I thought you got your carb attended already from someone recommended by the tune up guy? What's the issue with the carb like? As for the thermostat switch you can wire it through the switch and observe for sometime. If it goes above the half-mark in average driving then revert back to direct wiring but remember it is not a problem if it get slightly heated up above the half mark occasionally under extreme conditions (like on a continuous uphill stretch with five adults on board!).

Rumesh,

Jumped out of the original thread, when I saw this. Will keep the original updating with the developments.

Actually i did not know that the radiator fan is not properly wired prior to seeing this issue. Yep I am that bad at these things. :speechless-smiley-004: So I read almost all the posts.

Nopz. carb is not done as yet. Found a good guy to do it, but just could not get the free time to sacrifice still. Will do it soon. Well it seems like one of the "lines" are clogged in and the car does only 7-8 on petrol. :|

I will check on the fan soon, should first see whether there is a "thermostat" already under the hood or it has been completely been removed. Have seen pictures on it on google, so will hunt under the hood and see :D

Thanks.

Edited by kalingabd