• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Or Axio? Update: Bought A Lancer! (Aka The B.r.a.t.t. Thread)

Bracket

Question

Hello Experts,

Excited to join Autolanka forums :D Waited almost for month for an admin to approve me ... anyway, whoever the admin that approved me, :smilie_liebe12:

Last December, I sold my good old Maruti WagonR ( 2008 model, 5yrs old, driven for 30000+ Kms) For 1.6mil. I was searching for a good car to buy ever since. ( that's how I ended up on autolanka) So now that I finally got approved I thought it's time to get expert ideas on buying my new vehicle.

My budget is 3.5mil - 4.0mil. I wanted to buy a japanese car and browsing the internet, Finally I decided that there are two contenders:

1. Toyota axio 161 1.3 X Grade (2013)

2. Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1.6 GLX (2013)

Both the cars ( Brand New ) are being sold for 3.5 mil. for the permit. ( Lancer : 3,460,000 to be exact)

My priorities are:

-RELIABILITY
-Fuel Economy

-Spare Parts Availability

-Safety And comfort

-Handling

-Looks

- Resale value

Axio Dealers are mainly bragging of TOYOTA Reliability and Spare parts availability. They assured me I'm in deep trouble if I choose a mitsubishi because there are no spare parts in local market and I would have to buy spare parts only from agent paying a huge amount of money and I have to wait till eternity for mitsubishi agents to import parts from japan. And they also mentioned that unlike axio, I won't be able to sell the mitsubishi for a decent price. (if I wanted to, of course)

I called mitsu agents and they say they have spare parts for any vehicle they sell and I don't have to worry. However the sales guy said he have no idea on 3rd party parts availability.

So as you all can see i'm in a dilemma here. If you were in my position which car would you buy? And please be kind enough to mention why.. :)

This is my first post on autolanka, so please go easy on me if I have offended any rule.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Bracket

I myself don't know what I would do if i had to choose between 2 models like this. At times we think of saving some money. But then when it's a car that I'll be using for a long time, i feel like i wouldnt mind treating myself to some fancy creature comforts. If you CAN spare the extra cash why not... loosing a bit of cash that would have otherwise just sat in your bank is better than going through that sense of regret over not treating yourself..

It REALLY REALLY boils down to personal preference and budget.

අනේ මන්දා !

On the flip side, and I'm one to always present the flip side, like Dreamracer said, you can get a coilover kit for this car for about 115,000 aftermarket, and drop it an inch and a half from its current stance.

And she would look/handle like j-lo's ašš on fire

• Like 2

On the flip side, and I'm one to always present the flip side, like Dreamracer said, you can get a coilover kit for this car for about 115,000 aftermarket, and drop it an inch and a half from its current stance. And she would look/handle like j-lo's ašš on fire

Am i the only one who googled for J-Lo's ass after reading this?

• Like 2

On the flip side, and I'm one to always present the flip side, like Dreamracer said, you can get a coilover kit for this car for about 115,000 aftermarket, and drop it an inch and a half from its current stance. And she would look/handle like j-lo's a on fire

BTW I know nothing abt upgrading something like this komi. I'm a noob at this kind of things..

Bracket, worry about those things later. Whether you drop the car or not depends on what you use it for.

Ditto. Buy the car. Enjoy the car. When you feel like you want more out of the car, get back to this forum. And then we'll slowly poison you with a hundred ideas! Dons right. Save the flipside for later

Check this out too: http://www.new-lancer.com/gene/en/specifications/index.php?PHPSESSID=43c671352f88f691eaace7283e3618bd

The permit scheme might give you the option of altering certain specs, so I wouldn't trust the online references too much. Just check with the agent and they should have a clearer answer. This was the case when they imported the CS series for permit holders.

With all the features of the GLS, it seems like the best deal to go for IMO.

By the way, what's with the black rear view mirrors? Isn't having colour keyed mirrors the trend nowadays?

Check this out too: http://www.new-lancer.com/gene/en/specifications/index.php?PHPSESSID=43c671352f88f691eaace7283e3618bd

The permit scheme might give you the option of altering certain specs, so I wouldn't trust the online references too much. Just check with the agent and they should have a clearer answer. This was the case when they imported the CS series for permit holders.

With all the features of the GLS, it seems like the best deal to go for IMO.

By the way, what's with the black rear view mirrors? Isn't having colour keyed mirrors the trend nowadays?

Uni*o sales guy in kandy said they wouldn't let me to alter specs... :/ otherwise I would love to have a factory - fitted Rockford Fosgate sound system... :'(

These specs cannot be changed upon the request of the customer it seems.

-Lancer GLX Full Feature List : https://mega.co.nz/#...gmcMj7bZDcwucBo

-Lancer GLS Full Feature List : https://mega.co.nz/#...-MaIiiP4f8PR3EA

Ditto. Buy the car. Enjoy the car. When you feel like you want more out of the car, get back to this forum. And then we'll slowly poison you with a hundred ideas! Dons right. Save the flipside for later

aniwa... The first thing I'd install locally is the spoiler :3

The first thing I'll do before doing anything fancy with the car is seeking you experts advice...

• Like 1

That's the one I've been searching for.

They have stated that the front grill with silver accent is optional. Uni*o has chosen to add it to the cars they import.

Additional features selected by Uni*o are:

-Alloy Wheels

-Front Fog lamps

Mitsu has offered color keyed mirrors as an optional feature. If I had the chance to alter the features I'd have def chose them...

Go for the GLS if you can afford the Rs. 400,000/- you will never be able to retro fit them at that cost.

Are you sure about the Audio being touch screen (in 2007 the diffrence was only pair of tweeters and the 6 CD changer insted of single CD)

Dont go by the New Zealand spec check line by line on the U**Mo specs.

Get the full specs on your performa invoice, in the past there have been instances where the delivered car specs diffreing (2007 Monerto Sport)

Do all the dealings with U**Mo on writing you might need them if you have issues later, they are also known to not keeping to time lines promised so make regular inquires and get updates.

Good Luck

• Like 1

Go for the GLS if you can afford the Rs. 400,000/- you will never be able to retro fit them at that cost.

Are you sure about the Audio being touch screen (in 2007 the diffrence was only pair of tweeters and the 6 CD changer insted of single CD)

Dont go by the New Zealand spec check line by line on the U**Mo specs.

Get the full specs on your performa invoice, in the past there have been instances where the delivered car specs diffreing (2007 Monerto Sport)

Do all the dealings with U**Mo on writing you might need them if you have issues later, they are also known to not keeping to time lines promised so make regular inquires and get updates.

Good Luck

Yes Kush, I went to the showroom and took a look at the car. It's the touch screen. Took few photos, too...

eaxz.png

kqts.png

Hey good luck mate. There are 101 things you can do to personalise your car when you buy it (if you're into that sort of thing) Especially being this car which has one hell of a big brother (the Evo X).

This is premature, but do check with the agent about warranty limitations on what you can and cannot do to the car before you do any modifications.

Okay guys, I have made my choice. :music-smiley-009:

Vehicle : Mitsubishi Lancer EX GLX

Colour ( Exterior ) : Red :car-smiley-002:

( Interior ) : Black

Will open a LC next monday. ( 13th ) :man_in_love:

Guys, Is there anything specific I should be aware of when opening a LC ? Will it take more than 3 months for car to arrive ?

BTW agent said I should use Octane 95 fuel instead of 92. Why do they recommend 95 over 92 ? ( just curious )

Okay guys, I have made my choice. :music-smiley-009:

Vehicle : Mitsubishi Lancer EX GLX

Colour ( Exterior ) : Red :car-smiley-002:

( Interior ) : Black

Will open a LC next monday. ( 13th ) :man_in_love:

Guys, Is there anything specific I should be aware of when opening a LC ? Will it take more than 3 months for car to arrive ?

BTW agent said I should use Octane 95 fuel instead of 92. Why do they recommend 95 over 92 ? ( just curious )

Congrats bro hope to see your new car soon.

The manufacture might have recommended higher octane value in order to run the engine smoothly with minimum knocking.

• Like 2