• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Flies Inside Tail Lights Mazda 3

JFLanka

Sadly, I couldn't find a tube smaller enough to do the job. Even if i find one, it is not easy to navigate the end of it inside the light. So I tried inserting a wire and loosen the flies stuck in the edges:

v27z.jpg
xhyn.jpg
It is difficult to point the end of the wire to where I want to.

So as Hoonigan said, I'm gonna leave it as it is now. I removed most of the dead flies. Here's how it looks now:

8r1s.jpg

Looks better than how it was before:

yqxc.jpg
Have to do the other side as well.

Thanks everyone for the valuable ideas. :)

Those Flies look pale yellow colored. may be Japanese! so I see no issues having them there, original parts ne :)

Those Flies look pale yellow colored. may be Japanese! so I see no issues having them there, original parts ne :)

:speechless-smiley-003: Oh that never occurred to me.. May be they came as optional extras..!! ooo I should've kept them..

:sport-smiley-004:

Bit late to the party but what comes to mind is that you could:

1. Use the thin air-line/ air tube and compressor from a fish tank to blow the flies out / manoeuvre them so you can suck them out with a vacuum. Those fish tank air tubes are pretty thin so you should be able to stick it right into the housing and dislodge the flies. If what you have on hand is too short, you can always buy a longer length as needed from any aquarium supply store.

2. Use one of those compressed air cans used on computer keyboards to manoeuvre the dead insects into a position where you can vacuum it out

3. Grab a camera lens cleaning attachment and use it to manoeuvre / blow the dead flies out.

Edited by Kavvz