• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Hiace

sira

Well to chime in with what I've experienced, we have a KZJ77 Landcruiser (The "Box Prado" as the market calls it) with the 1KZ-T (Mechanically fuel injected, not electronic) which we've had since new and always pumped Super Diesel to. We've also been religious with the oil changes every 5000 and only ever used Caltex Delo, it has done around 375k upto now without ever being opened up and is only now showing signs of needing an overhaul.

Also, one sales van is a 2KD engined 2006 KDH with a manual box bought in 2011. Always used super diesel, genuine filters and Mobil Delvac MX. Has done 199K now and still seems pretty good. (touch wood).

But how do you ensure the sales reps / driver of the sales van always pump super diesel? Wouldn't it be possible to simply pump 70 litres of the the lower quality regular diesel and get the shed staff to write up a receipt for super diesel and pocket the difference?

But how do you ensure the sales reps / driver of the sales van always pump super diesel? Wouldn't it be possible to simply pump 70 litres of the the lower quality regular diesel and get the shed staff to write up a receipt for super diesel and pocket the difference?

There always is the possibility....but then at some point you are going to have to trust people. The sad truth is that in Sri Lanka the default 'assumption' is that the person is going to rip you off unless proven otherwise.

This indeed has happened to me once, and there was one other time the driver was tricked /or stupid enough to believe IOC Xtramile was the same as Super Diesel, Ended up with an error code, after that tank.

There always is the possibility....but then at some point you are going to have to trust people. The sad truth is that in Sri Lanka the default 'assumption' is that the person is going to rip you off unless proven otherwise.

Sadly I fall into this category too. Been ripped off to many times to be very trusting I'm afraid...

This indeed has happened to me once, and there was one other time the driver was tricked /or stupid enough to believe IOC Xtramile was the same as Super Diesel, Ended up with an error code, after that tank.

Well yes the possibility is certainly there but we trust our guys to do the right thing.

Also, if they had screwed around with ordinary diesel the thing would have started throwing codes and generally being difficult fairly quickly, the newer hiaces are highly intolerant of poor fuel.

• 4 weeks later...
35psi Nitrogen. i put 205X75R15 MAXXIS 6ply. it had Yokohama Studless Snow tyre set 195X80R15 8ply it was very bumpy. this Maxxis set good comfortable. but sill has little bumpy.

Check the manufacturer rated tyre size from the driver side door sill sticker, and since you altered the tyre size do check the psi rating for the tyre on the side wall, personally I feel 35psi is a bit too much, but depends on your loading characteristics as well,

Maxxis tyres indeed are a good option in our part of the world :speechless-smiley-004:

If the issue is only when you travel without a load, the simplest solution is carry a load. Do some charity. Offer people a ride when you go out.

Yeah man, and all the better if you have a white van: The public loves white vans, they are a very popular form of transport. People love it when you pull up and offer them a 'free ride'. For maximum effect rope in a couple of heavy set friends when going out and offering these rides...

• Like 1

If the issue is only when you travel without a load, the simplest solution is carry a load. Do some charity. Offer people a ride when you go out.
Yeah man, and all the better if you have a white van: The public loves white vans, they are a very popular form of transport. People love it when you pull up and offer them a 'free ride'. For maximum effect rope in a couple of heavy set friends when going out and offering these rides...

Offering a ride is a little bit scary and risky though... Before I got the car, after partying some nights I was waiting for buses as traveling in tuks to my area is expensive, and most of the time when I was offered a ride, they were gay's... Said they will take me to the desired location free of charge after going somewhere else first... :sport-smiley-027:

And there was this one time i remember a white van stopped while i was standing on the pavement in the night and there were like 5,6 guys in the van and I was freaked to even put my head in and say no so i waved my hand and said no... So likewise, people will be hesitant to get into your van plus, people who get in might be gay too so you better keep that in mind too :P:sport-smiley-004:

Worst case: Even though it's rare in SL, hitchhickers could be serial killers at times :violent-smiley-027::sad-smiley-067:

So try to focus on more women than men and take them for a ride :sport-smiley-003::D

35psi Nitrogen. i put 205X75R15 MAXXIS 6ply. it had Yokohama Studless Snow tyre set 195X80R15 8ply it was very bumpy. this Maxxis set good comfortable. but sill has little bumpy.
Check the manufacturer rated tyre size from the driver side door sill sticker, and since you altered the tyre size do check the psi rating for the tyre on the side wall, personally I feel 35psi is a bit too much, but depends on your loading characteristics as well,

Maxxis tyres indeed are a good option in our part of the world :speechless-smiley-004:

The correct size for mine is 195X80R15. Its KDH206

Offering a ride is a little bit scary and risky though... Before I got the car, after partying some nights I was waiting for buses as traveling in tuks to my area is expensive, and most of the time when I was offered a ride, they were gay's... Said they will take me to the desired location free of charge after going somewhere else first... :sport-smiley-027:

And there was this one time i remember a white van stopped while i was standing on the pavement in the night and there were like 5,6 guys in the van and I was freaked to even put my head in and say no so i waved my hand and said no... So likewise, people will be hesitant to get into your van plus, people who get in might be gay too so you better keep that in mind too :P:sport-smiley-004:

Worst case: Even though it's rare in SL, hitchhickers could be serial killers at times :violent-smiley-027::sad-smiley-067:

So try to focus on more women than men and take them for a ride :sport-smiley-003::D

Didnt know there are such open gay people in SL! damn thats scary! :sad-smiley-067:

or maybe its just in Colombo :D

now i can understand. you have experience haven't it, did you pay money also??? :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by Nilantha

The correct size for mine is 195X80R15. Its KDH206

Didnt know there are such open gay people in SL! damn thats scary! :sad-smiley-067:

or maybe its just in Colombo :D

the 195X80R15 size not available in sri lanka (I couldn't find). only have 195 R15 8ply and 195X75 R15 5 ply only.

5ply not enough for KDH and 8ply too Hard :speechless-smiley-004:

Edited by Nilantha

the 195X80R15 size not available in sri lanka (I couldn't find). only have 195 R15 8ply and 195X75 R15 5 ply only.

5ply not enough for KDH and 8ply too Hard :speechless-smiley-004:

If i have to change the tyre size i might as well fix bigger rims, maybe increase by an inch :sad-smiley-066:

what exactly is the ply? is that what measure the load capacity?

And there was this one time i remember a white van stopped while i was standing on the pavement in the night and there were like 5,6 guys in the van and I was freaked to even put my head in and say no so i waved my hand and said no...

lol ! I guess THIS is why everyone is so afraid of white vans? I don't blame them !! :D

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

If i have to change the tyre size i might as well fix bigger rims, maybe increase by an inch :sad-smiley-066:

what exactly is the ply? is that what measure the load capacity?

Don't ever "upgrade" to those 21"- 23" rims with low profile tyres, available in the market for roughly 80,000/- with used tyres

Looks good but a pothole nightmare, you can count the grain on the road as you move along, suited only for the best tarmac

No wonder they go cheap.