• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Viva Elite Community

chamcg

Hi,

Today Unimo quoted following prices for Viva,

Pressure plate:Rs 9627

Clutch plate: Rs 9850

Clutch Bearing: Rs 9612

Where as I inquired from Panchikawatte they quoted me both pressure plate and clutch plate Rs 7000 from Valeo . Does any body know what is the OEM brand for perodua?

The OEM brand would be Aisin or Exedy as the Gearbox is from Daihatsu. Valeo is a perfectly acceptable replacement. They are OEM for a number of European brands and their clutches are excellent.

The OEM brand would be Aisin or Exedy as the Gearbox is from Daihatsu. Valeo is a perfectly acceptable replacement. They are OEM for a number of European brands and their clutches are excellent.

Does anybody know whether using OEM parts will effect the warranty agreement?

If your vehicle is within the warranty period why do you bother to use parts sorted from the outside market since most components are covered under the warranty

Some parts are considered natural wear and tear hence not covered under warranty. Brake pads, would be one, clutch is a grey area but worth checking with the agent.

And on the topic of warranty you might want to get the agent to do the replacement (even with parts you buy elsewhere) as they can say that you tampered with the car hence void the entire warranty.

Edited by Watchman

Some parts are considered natural wear and tear hence not covered under warranty. Brake pads, would be one, clutch is a grey area but worth checking with the agent.

And on the topic of warranty you might want to get the agent to do the replacement (even with parts you buy elsewhere) as they can say that you tampered with the car hence void the entire warranty.

Unit#d Mot#rs wont allow you to do this. Parts should be bought from them.

Hi,

Today Unimo quoted following prices for Viva,

Pressure plate:Rs 9627

Clutch plate: Rs 9850

Clutch Bearing: Rs 9612

Where as I inquired from Panchikawatte they quoted me both pressure plate and clutch plate Rs 7000 from Valeo . Does any body know what is the OEM brand for perodua?

May I know your mileage and the month & year you purchased the car?

Did you check the parts with Janatha Motors, Panchikawatta( 071-3190234) or with Thai Motors (077-7919777)?

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

May I know your mileage and the month & year you purchased the car?

Did you check the parts with Janatha Motors, Panchikawatta( 071-3190234) or with Thai Motors (077-7919777)?

Model:1000CC Ezi

Mileage:84000Km

YOM: 2008

I checked with Thai motors, parts are not available. However they said they sold the entire kit for Rs15000/=

Janatha Motors quoted me the above price for Valeo

Edited by peugeot407

Model:1000CC Ezi

Mileage:84000Km

YOM: 2008

I checked with Thai motors, parts are not available. However they said they sold the entire kit for Rs15000/=

Janatha Motors quoted me the above price for Valeo

Thanks. So your warranty is already expired.

I forgot to mention, try with

Teck Motor Supply (Pvt) Ltd (2430837, 2441419) as well

They also do Dihatsu/Perodua spares.

These are the three places known to me for Perodua spares other than agent..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
my frinds elite met with an accident and does any one knws a place in kandy to do the repair. front part and the engine is badly damaged.

Sorry to here that your friend met with an accident. So about repairs, If you would ask me i would go to the agents and get it repaired since insurance will pay in full with out any hassle and the agents will deal all insurance stuff and fax the check to the agent itself and you can collect the car from agent without any problems. No need to run back and forth to insurance and to garage. Unless you're friend have a bad insurance company.

If possible it would be great to see some pics (may be with blurred registration plates) on the damage and any details about the accident to get some knowledge how well can a Viva Elite withstand an impact or in other words, how safe is a Viva Elite.

Anyways, most importantly i wish your friend and anyone who is traveling inside the car is doing well and if by any chance if they were hurt i wish them to get well soon..

• 3 weeks later...
2db58k9.jpg

thnks mate. its a safe vehicle. we didn't get any impact and four people were inside the car. 80+ KMPH :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004:

My suggestion is take her to Unit#d Mot#rs - Orugodawatta.

This is a big job. You have to replace a list of parts.

Some times you may have to replace even chassis parts and align the body.

2db58k9.jpg

thnks mate. its a safe vehicle. we didn't get any impact and four people were inside the car. 80+ KMPH :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004:

This car should be written-off. Do you have full insurance? If so, get them to write it off. Making it roadworthy is not going to be easy.

• Like 2

yeh its fully insured and united m**** estimate for the parts is nearly 12 lacks

Mokak..12lacks..??? :speechless-smiley-003: I think it would cost almost same for Unimo to get a new car.. :speechless-smiley-004:

Anyways as Crosswind said car should be written-off. If its really that much of a damage i think it will be nearly impossible to make it roadworthy again. Hope you will get a favorable solution from insurance.

Well glad to see the occupants got off without any major issues but according to what i saw while i was at there servicing unit in Orugodawtta found most Viva elites hving structural failures and pedals being pushed straight up. Can't say safe but its a decent car far better than an alto

Personally I don't think the car is a write off mechanically, but by Unimo estimates it sounds like an uneconomical repair, or a technical write off.

Basically in this car, the front clip, everything attached to it, radiator, condenser, lights fans and whatever is damaged in the engine needs to be replaced. Plus since the air bags would have deployed you need the sensors, the airbags and in some cars the whole dashboard needs to be replaced as the airbags tear the dashboard when deployed.

There are always other things that go wrong as well, particularly wishbones and mounts...... So I'm sure the numbers add up, particularly if parts are being replaced new and considering the labour involved.

The car has held together well, the crumple zones have absorbed the impact and the passenger compartment looks intact.

Personally I don't think the car is a write off mechanically, but by Unimo estimates it sounds like an uneconomical repair, or a technical write off.

Basically in this car, the front clip, everything attached to it, radiator, condenser, lights fans and whatever is damaged in the engine needs to be replaced. Plus since the air bags would have deployed you need the sensors, the airbags and in some cars the whole dashboard needs to be replaced as the airbags tear the dashboard when deployed.

There are always other things that go wrong as well, particularly wishbones and mounts...... So I'm sure the numbers add up, particularly if parts are being replaced new and considering the labour involved.

The car has held together well, the crumple zones have absorbed the impact and the passenger compartment looks intact.

If it was an early version car , air bags should not available since this car is a standard auto or standard manual (as signal lamp is fender mounted).

Below are two photos I clicked at agents few years back. Both cars were being repaired there, after they met with front collision accidents. (But don't know how bad accidents) . But such a costly repair (Rs.1.2 Million) for a car valued about Rs. 1.7 Million will worth?

1_zpsnq5tlqkz.jpg

2_zpst09yle7d.jpg

if the cost of repair exceeds 50% of the insured value, then insurers don't mind writing off the car. There will be some baiya out there who will pick it up from a salvage yard for something like 1.2 mil so the net loss for the insurer won't be more than 500-600K

Remember that Viva Elite which stood in the way of a falling tree in Kynsey road few months back? That car was picked up by a baiya for over 1.4 mill at the auction!

if the cost of repair exceeds 50% of the insured value, then insurers don't mind writing off the car. There will be some baiya out there who will pick it up from a salvage yard for something like 1.2 mil so the net loss for the insurer won't be more than 500-600K

Remember that Viva Elite which stood in the way of a falling tree in Kynsey road few months back? That car was picked up by a baiya for over 1.4 mill at the auction!

This is scary because the said baiyya would do a penny pinching repair on the car, get it running again and try to make a profit. They would not have bid so much if that wasn't possible......

If you took it to a normal garrage, they will pull the dent out, maybe even repair the bonet, replace the shell, radiator, condenser, the fans, repair and replace whatever else, paint and get the car running. A lot of these cars will have alignment problems as the force from the front tends to knock the wishbones and mounts out leading to issues with caster.

• 4 months later...

Dear friends,

My viva elite car has done 30000 km and I'm planning to replace front tyres. I have heard that it can be used tyres with large balloon size. It may increase ground clearance and reduce vibrations running on rural roads. Please share your experience on this matter.

• MADZ featured and unfeatured this topic