• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle Service Stations & How They Cheat Their Customers.

AJIT

I also have bad experience in this place (Matara). Once I have done engine tuneup and after about 50 km giving several error messages stopped the car on the road. I have spent about 8000 LKR to rectify the issue in several places but after running several Km error comes out. Finally one guy found that one nut was not properly tighten during engine tune up. After fixing it everything Ok. Then I called them and inform. They did not care much and just say sorry. After that I did not go to the place even for normal service.

In next service I put the car to another place and I was there until they finish the service. When changing the oil filter I found that previously A....M... has put a very chief  and low quality filter however, they have charged me for original honda oil filter. Earlier, I have done several services in A...M... but I never checked the filter and things when they are changing items,  thinking that they are genuine. But it is not..... Be careful when you go there..........

49 minutes ago, Jine said:

Once I have done engine tuneup and after about 50 km giving several error messages stopped the car on the road. I have spent about 8000 LKR to rectify the issue in several places but after running several Km error comes out. Finally one guy found that one nut was not properly tighten during engine tune up. After fixing it everything Ok. 

Another victim of so called engine tune up.

Risk of failure is bigger than the gain.....

Just now, gayanath said:

Another victim of so called engine tune up.

Risk of failure is bigger than the gain.....

Dude... seriously?

Suppose a surgeon does not do an appendicitis surgery right and the patient dies, will you say that no one should ever remove the appendix?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

Dude... seriously?

Suppose a surgeon does not do an appendicitis surgery right and the patient dies, will you say that no one should ever remove the appendix?

Follow the basics....

Gain (or life threat) is higher than the risk of failure, then ............

it's do or die. but tune up is not... :laughing-smiley-002: 

There was a famous place near Narehenpita - Nawala Road previously. That person name is Ma**o D**s. I think previous government has taken that garage land when they ruled....Don't know whether he is still in tune up business. Dangerous fellow....?. He ripoffs the customers very much by nicely speaking and falsely smiling a lot....?

4 hours ago, gayanath said:

Follow the basics....

The "risk of failure" is near zero if a competent mechanic/garage does the repair. Also, what are "the basics"? 

Not doing a fuel system clean up ever (especially if symptoms of rough idle, high CO or general poor performance is present) is basically letting all those carbon deposits sit in your intake and throttle body and letting it choke the engine from performing as it should. 

When I was back home in February, I felt that the Demio was a bit sluggish than the year before. So I took out the spark plugs, throttle body and cleaned them up and reset the ECU. My God the difference in performance was noticeable and during my second trip to Kurunegala after this, I had more fuel left in the tank than the previous drive before the clean up.

Based on my experience, I am convinced cars in Sri Lanka need more frequent fuel system clean ups mainly because:

1. The fuel in Sri Lanka is horrible 

2. The driving conditions in Sri Lanka are far from ideal

Even in Australia, I had to take my car to Mitsubishi to get a clean up done (they call it "upper cylinder de-carbonising") because of a rough idle when cold. Had to do only one up to now (touch wood) at 120,000km. 

2 hours ago, Prangi said:

I remember seeing this a couple of months ago. Apparently the customer requested. They had responded on Facebook. See below post:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1752993338149268&id=559300354185245

Edit: Looks like they have responded to this recent video as well

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1827154610733140&id=559300354185245

8 hours ago, gayanath said:

Follow the basics....

Machan, first of all, your knowledge is limited to textbooks. Thats your biggest problem. 

In sri lanka, what is known as tune-up of an EFI engine, is the injector, throttle body cleaning etc. 

Even the user manual and service schedules by manufacturers state that it should be done. Practical reasons aside, even you should be able to comprehend that.

Edited by Crosswind
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Davy said:

I remember seeing this a couple of months ago. Apparently the customer requested. They had responded on Facebook. See below post:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1752993338149268&id=559300354185245

I am neither supporting nor against A*to M*raj but the above letter sounds too good to be true. Would a service advisor go in to that level of detail to describe a customer request or wouldn't he just say 'washed the door because customer requested' or something similar to that?

This looks more comprehensive than what a hospital would write on a patient medical record if the patient requests something unusual (such as leaving against medical advice)

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

I am neither supporting nor against A*to M*raj but the above letter sounds too good to be true. Would a service advisor go in to that level of detail to describe a customer request or wouldn't he just say 'washed the door because customer requested' or something similar to that?

This looks more comprehensive than what a hospital would write on a patient medical record if the patient requests something unusual (such as leaving against medical advice)

Obviously, it's a fake...

See that note; it says they removed all the electrical equipment.

Why would they remove the door cover, remove all the electrical equipment, fix the door cover again and pressure wash it? They could've cleaned everything when they disassembled the door in order to remove the electrical equipment, couldn't they?

5 hours ago, Crosswind said:

Yes, my thoughts exactly. Just because a customer requested, a service centre shouldn't perform anything on a vehicle that could cause damage or in this case even a fire hazard!

4 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

Obviously, it's a fake...

See that note; it says they removed all the electrical equipment.

Why would they remove the door cover, remove all the electrical equipment, fix the door cover again and pressure wash it? They could've cleaned everything when they disassembled the door in order to remove the electrical equipment, couldn't they?

I highly doubt they would have done that. In fact, if you look closely, you can see the step light on that door still working as the worker washes it. 

17 hours ago, Crosswind said:

Machan, first of all, your knowledge is limited to textbooks. Thats your biggest problem. 

The approach (politician approach.... :laughing-smiley-002:) of a person shows the quality of that person.....

My friend.... do you need my CV?  :laughing-smiley-002:

17 hours ago, Crosswind said:

Even the user manual and service schedules by manufacturers state that it should be done. 

Can you give one or two examples? 

Note: I have no objection of doing cleaning if its truly required (may be after 150,000 or 200,000 km or if any related issue arises).  But here in SL, service buggers recommending cleaning (so called tune-up) every 20k, 30k or 40k intervals (just like air filter replacement schedule ?) which is utter bullshit. 

others please, Sorry for going forward on different subject in different thread. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Crosswind said:

My friend don't think that all the people who is reading that letter is so foolish?....?. I am seriously thinking that you may have a link with that corrupted ripoff organization.....?. That's why you are trying very hard to defend them in various ways......

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, tilvin said:

My friend don't think that all the people who is reading that letter is so foolish?....?. I am seriously thinking that you may have a link with that corrupted ripoff organization.....?. That's why you are trying very hard to defend them in various ways......

Seriously, can you tell me what are you smoking?

Which part of my post says i'm trying to defend au*o mir*j?

13 minutes ago, tilvin said:

Anybody who can read English can say that you are trying to defend the socalled company indirectly in this post......?

"too good to be true"

මේකේ තේරුම  "මේක නම් වෙන්ඩ බෑ." කියනෙක. 

උදා: ඔටෝ මිරාජ් එකෙන් නැති කරපු කාපට් එකට අළුත් කාපට් සෙට් එකක් දීල නිල වශයෙන් සමාව ඉල්ලුව කියල කවුරුහරි කිව්වොත්  ඒක Too good to be true. 

Edited by Hyaenidae
  • Haha 4

20 hours ago, Crosswind said:

Oh no. Sorry my friend. I just now only read your post carefully....?. Seems you are sarcastically telling this letter is a purposely created one after the so called incident (With lot of elaborated fabrications).....?

2 hours ago, tilvin said:

Oh no. Sorry my friend. I just now only read your post carefully....?. Seems you are sarcastically telling this letter is a purposely created one after the so called incident (With lot of elaborated fabrications).....?

Oh good. You are back on earth.