• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Continuous excessive vibration in Drive mode with brake applied

asanka_rg

Question

Hello all,

I need to clarify that my suzuki swift 2003 car has a excessive vibration on D with brake applied. in N and P modes there is no (negligible) vibration. In R also the vibration is not mush it should be normal to my thinking. gearbox oil is in good condition.

I suspected the engine mounts and checked all are good according to the mechanic. Then he asked to do a throttle body cleaning along with a engine tuneup. please give me some advises to fix this issue. there is no vibration while accelerating (moving).

By the way there is a humming sound which is coming when only accelerating ?? give me some directions to sort out this too 

thank you...!

On 2/21/2017 at 1:46 PM, Rumesh88 said:

Was your EGR valve inspected/tested during the last tune up? 

i'm not sure about that? But As I mentioned Dhammika did the tuneup job. He checked all relevant readings for the engine sensors and all. Hopefully he did that too. 

1 hour ago, asanka_rg said:

i'm not sure about that? But As I mentioned Dhammika did the tuneup job. He checked all relevant readings for the engine sensors and all. Hopefully he did that too. 

EGR should be removed from the manifold for inspection. If you were around when the tune up was done you would have noticed him removing the EGR. A stuck EGR may not show up in sensor readings for this engine.