• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

SHIFTING FROM HONDA TO BMW

Susantha 025

Question

Gentlemen,

First, I am new to this forum. I was searching for BMWs and found this forum and interested on your conversations.

I am a Honda enthusiast and sold my Honda Civic ES 8 (YOM 2002) few months back. I wanted to buy a Honda Civic FD 1, couldn’t find a better one.

Anyway I wanted to own a BMW, but the gossips and advices put me aside.  Basically, maintenance cost.

Hope you can help me with followings.

I don’t drive daily with my profession and only 3,4 days per month in Colombo and long trip maybe once in 2 to 3 months.

Driving basically with my family – Wife and two small kids

I can afford maximum of 6 millions only.

1.      What are the recommended BMW variants I should look in local market, YOM and mileage? (I prefer only sedan type)

2.      What are the engine types to choose and avoid?

3.      What are the pros and cons of Diesel vs Petrol? Which type do you recommend?

4.      What are the demanding colours? (Like, I was searching only White, Black and Wine Red in FD1s)

5.      Average fuel consumption of the recommended model and average maintenance cost per month/quarter/year?

6.      I heard to avoid European domestic models and go for tropical climate export versions. How do I differentiate those two?

7.      Other than online and newspaper advertisements  do you recommend anyone who offer some good used BMWs. (E.g. Milroy)

8.      Which engine capacity and model is more reliable and economical?

Dear friends, Hope you can help with my little knowledge. I can google for more details with your highlighted areas. Please suggest me the best model considering all factors with my budget.

Thank you very much. Cheers !!!!!!!

Edited by Susantha 025

If you visit the Famous Aqua FB page. You can see the amounts people spend on their Aquas! the 40k service bills photos are plentyfull in that page.Most of the time they "tune up" their cars at EACH service!

Dear Friends,

Thanks for your views and comments. Frankly, from Japs i do like only Honda (Sorry, That's my personal interest). I still want to own a good FD 1 with properly maintained. Preferably white,black or wine red.

But, riding a Beemer is a dream. I am not worrying about fuel consumption and depreciation. I can afford maximum of 6 millions. But i need trouble free motoring except routine servicing and replacements before breakdown on the road. I don't have time to spend in the road and mechanics.

With some of your comments understood, E90 is a good option and petrol one. As i don't drive frequently, diesel will give me troubles sometimes.

What do you think guys?

Waiting for your comments

Cheers !!!!!