• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

## Post Whoring - Part 3 ##

MADZ

9 minutes ago, kmeeg said:

Tan / Quick sand colored one - Toyota 4Runner 4L V6 Petrol

20200905_102138.jpg

Liking the look of that 4Runner quite a bit... Are those 35' wheels on it? And you wouldn't know where those rims are from would you? 

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

Liking the look of that 4Runner quite a bit... Are those 35' wheels on it? And you wouldn't know where those rims are from would you? 

I'm pretty sure they are just 33" tires. Forgot to look at the exact size. If I'm not mistaken the brand was General Grabber. Just took a quick pic before the owner comes "oi oi.."

Wheels are Black rhino Armour in Desert sand. We have an agent nearby called Toytec, they sell and install them. They are like all around 4x4 shop who do from wheels to suspension to super chargers for Toyota.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, kmeeg said:

I'm pretty sure they are just 33" tires. Forgot to look at the exact size. If I'm not mistaken the brand was General Grabber. Just took a quick pic before the owner comes "oi oi.."

Wheels are Black rhino Armour in Desert sand. We have an agent nearby called Toytec, they sell and install them. They are like all around 4x4 shop who do from wheels to suspension to super chargers for Toyota.

Nice! Just looked up the rims: The reviews are good and as far as I can tell 'Black Rhino' is a reputable subsidiary brand by TSW that is considered as a 'decent buy' amongst the off-road community...I'll file that little gem away for later on: Thanks for the quick response @kmeeg

Edited by Kavvz

2 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Still gorgeous! (And incidently the wheels are for one of these ? well, not exactly,  but close...)

I am going for Chrome 8" Hilux steel wheels for this soon i should get them.

Love the new 4 runner, i am sure they fitted with 4L V6 engine same as the FJ cruise?

regards

JC

26 minutes ago, john cooper said:

I am going for Chrome 8" Hilux steel wheels for this soon i should get them.

Love the new 4 runner, i am sure they fitted with 4L V6 engine same as the FJ cruise?

regards

JC

Yes the new ones are very focused aren't they? I like the direction they are heading. I wish they would throw a V8 in there though...(But I shouldn't complain, it could be worse: Look what Nissan did to the Parthfinder & Murano! But at least the Patrol / Armada is still bad ass but not sure why they are trying target the Mercedes GL etc with the fancy interiors and what not when its riding on a ladder frame platform?! Better situation would be to revert the Parthfinder to its ladder framed, off-road focused roots and instead take the Patrol down the sccocer mom route and switch over to a unibody design with  air-suspension etc. Besides its not like anyone is taking those off-road anymore now is it, not with those dimensions...)

Edited by Kavvz

1 hour ago, Kavvz said:

Yes the new ones are very focused aren't they? I like the direction they are heading. I wish they would throw a V8 in there though...(But I shouldn't complain, it could be worse: Look what Nissan did to the Parthfinder & Murano! But at least the Patrol / Armada is still bad ass but not sure why they are trying target the Mercedes GL etc with the fancy interiors and what not when its riding on a ladder frame platform?! Better situation would be to revert the Parthfinder to its ladder framed, off-road focused roots and instead take the Patrol down the sccocer mom route and switch over to a unibody design with  air-suspension etc. Besides its not like anyone is taking those off-road anymore now is it, not with those dimensions...)

You're kidding right? I was never a fan of the big ugly, but they seem to grow on me more I see videos like these.

52 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

You're kidding right? I was never a fan of the big ugly, but they seem to grow on me more I see videos like these.

Oh yeah, I agree they are awesome ?, I've always been a huge fan. I just don't understand the direction Nissan is taking with the Patrol... It's got the setup of an off-roader yet they seem hell bent on wanting to pitch it to the GL , X7 crowd? Wrong focus I feel...Doesn't make sense to me at all, as with the ladder on frame and no air suspension its never going to compete in that market. 

Either they keep the interiors functional and stay with the off-road focus / rugged overlander focus like the LC or go the whole hog and go full-on soccer mom, with unibody chassis and air suspension like the MB- GL or X7

(As for the off-roading Patrols in this video: Wow! Its the same feeling I get when I see someone with a newer LC V8 going balls deep through mud: Must be Niiiiiice to be that loaded  ?)

4 hours ago, Kavvz said:

(As for the off-roading Patrols in this video: Wow! Its the same feeling I get when I see someone with a newer LC V8 going balls deep through mud: Must be Niiiiiice to be that loaded  ?)

Loaded in Sri Lanka and not so elsewhere where you can get a good cheap second hand one for the price we pay for a used Vitz or less. Been following the YT channel 4WD 24/7 and wondering what cant we do in Sri Lanka. Just that pricing here is insane.

@sathyajithj99 Never heard of a Hyundai Terracan or seen one before in my life until I saw your post asking what it might be. 

That is until today when I was getting my Radiator fixed at Liyanage Radiators when I spotted one. 

Apologies for my immature car spotting photography

IMG_20200909_134306~2.jpg

On 9/7/2020 at 4:00 PM, Gummybr said:

Loaded in Sri Lanka and not so elsewhere where you can get a good cheap second hand one for the price we pay for a used Vitz or less. Been following the YT channel 4WD 24/7 and wondering what cant we do in Sri Lanka. Just that pricing here is insane.

Funny how things pan out sometimes. With all the COVID related job losses and economic downturns and all that jazz going on, the big Land Cruiser was the 4th best seller in Australia (out of all models sold) in June, even outselling the RAV-4.!! . Apparently Toyota had a difficult time supplying demand. All this with the age old 200 series platform and the 300 series about to get released (maybe next year). People seem to be going after the thing since this is the last V8 Land Cruiser. 

With borders being closed and no international travel, second hand 4WD prices are up by quite a margin! I see 1-2 year old Prado`s going for brand-new prices!  :D  

Edited by MrCat

5 hours ago, MaleCortana said:

@sathyajithj99 Never heard of a Hyundai Terracan or seen one before in my life until I saw your post asking what it might be. 

That is until today when I was getting my Radiator fixed at Liyanage Radiators when I spotted one. 

Apologies for my immature car spotting photography

IMG_20200909_134306~2.jpg

Glad that you saw one. In my case everything was twisted because the owner had removed all Hyundai badges and replaced them with Mitsubishi ones.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, MrCat said:

Funny how things pan out sometimes. With all the COVID related job losses and economic downturns and all that jazz going on, the big Land Cruiser was the 4th best seller in Australia (out of all models sold) in June, even outselling the RAV-4.!! . Apparently Toyota had a difficult time supplying demand. All this with the age old 200 series platform and the 300 series about to get released (maybe next year). People seem to be going after the thing since this is the last V8 Land Cruiser. 

With borders being closed and no international travel, second hand 4WD prices are up by quite a margin! I see 1-2 year old Prado`s going for brand-new prices!  :D  

Yeap same all over I think...Used cars are selling at silly prices! Was just wondering whether I should sell the old wheels and make some extra cash off it while I can. Seems so wrong...but then again! *Sigh...Tough call. But at least this way I get to stick it to my insurance company for a change and cancel early!! :D 

Edited by Kavvz

On 9/9/2020 at 8:37 PM, MrCat said:

This is really strange...even with all the uncertainty Toyota is selling cars like crazy over here (Japan). Used car prices have remained stable and what has gone down are cars that have been stock piled for export. Most used cars for sale in country are trade-ins and only a smaller percentage is from auction (as most older cars that do go to auction are cars that already would have been attempted to be sold in country or determined not viable to be sold in country). So whilst the auction prices have gone down due to lack of demand when these cars are picked up for sale within Japan the price raises up again.

On 9/9/2020 at 5:37 AM, MrCat said:

Is it the soccer mom's Land cruiser 200 or the proper off-roading Land cruiser 70 tops the sales?

I could be wrong, just searched for sales stats in Ausi. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

As per my old colleagues they prefer much stronger older 80 series and newer 70 series vs 200 series.

image.png.33c174d4b4489cecea988836868001cb.png

image.thumb.png.0f38478a4554b295389c0dd6c351de22.png

Edited by kmeeg

1 hour ago, kmeeg said:

Is it the soccer mom's Land cruiser 200 or the proper off-roading Land cruiser 70 tops the sales?

I could be wrong, just searched for sales stats in Ausi. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

As per my old colleagues they prefer much stronger older 80 series and newer 70 series vs 200 series.

Even though the LC200 has a fancy electronic 4WD system it is pretty capable as the 70 series. It is just that people go for the 70 because of price and it is a lot easier to modify/upgrade.

Edited by iRage

10 minutes ago, iRage said:

Even though the LC200 has a fancy electronic 4WD system it is pretty capable as the 70 series. It is just that people go for the 70 because of price and it is a lot easier to modify/upgrade.

I thought 70 is better because of solid axles & lockers vs 200 does not get lockers and its IFS?

200 only got brake based A-trac and crawl control right? If you off-road with it you would over heat the brakes and IFS won't be strong as solid axles right?

I personally just like to use lockers vs A-trac. Again I'm just a beginner not a pro to give solid statements on this.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kmeeg said:

I thought 70 is better because of solid axles & lockers vs 200 does not get lockers and its IFS?

200 only got brake based A-trac and crawl control right? If you off-road with it you would over heat the brakes and IFS won't be strong as solid axles right?

I personally just like to use lockers vs A-trac. Again I'm just a beginner not a pro to give solid statements on this.

For purely off road use I think the 70 series setup can't be beat. For dual use- well then maybe there is a case for the 200, or at least something to consider there...

(Not sure why people give the LC70 so much more cred over the Y60 Nissan Patrol through, as IMO the Y60 may be better...but maybe its just another one of those  'Toyota' things? ?)

Edited by Kavvz

3 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

(Not sure why people give it so much more cred over the Y60 Nissan Patrol through, as IMO the Y60 may be better...but maybe its just another one of those  'Toyota' things? ?)

There are youtube channels like AussieFourWheelers that do insane off-roading with Nissan Patrol. I won't ruin your excitement, you'll thank me. When I started watching them I checked if I can get similar here to buy new from Nissan / Infinity, but negative.. Not even close. Jeep Wrangler Rubicon and Ram Powerwagon are the only ones. Toyota here is no match. 

8 hours ago, kmeeg said:

There are youtube channels like AussieFourWheelers that do insane off-roading with Nissan Patrol. I won't ruin your excitement, you'll thank me. When I started watching them I checked if I can get similar here to buy new from Nissan / Infinity, but negative.. Not even close. Jeep Wrangler Rubicon and Ram Powerwagon are the only ones. Toyota here is no match. 

Yes, I don't think any of the newer Nissan's have a solid front axle anymore... trying to go down the soccer mom route with the newer Patrols I suppose...Honestly a sad end for what used to be a solid off-roader / overlander... 

Given that N.America is currently the most import vehicle market I suppose then: Toyota reigns Supreme!