• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

## Post Whoring - Part 3 ##

MADZ

On 11/28/2020 at 5:10 PM, Kavvz said:

@kmeeg I see now why you said you couldn't use a Raptor on the trails you run: The Raptor and the TRX are HUGE, the Gladiator (which in itself is pretty oversized) looks tiny in comparison!

As far as I know suspension also has a key factor.  TRX and Raptor suspensions are built for faster absorbing of bumps and keep the tires back on ground fast as possible so traction is not lost vs Gladiator shocks are for slow speed rock crawling so it give lot of flex to keep tires on the ground. 

Again that is what I think, I could be wrong. 

2 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Again that is what I think, I could be wrong. 

No I believe you're pretty much bang on. Its two different types of off-roading altogether.

I think while the TRX vs Raptor was a fair comparison, the venue / obstacles were off and didn't make sense as the two pickups aren't designed for that stuff.

It totally made sense to have the Gladiator run that course, but then it should have run it against a Ford Bronco or a Jeep Rubicon for comparison and not the two Baja style trucks...

12 hours ago, Kavvz said:

No I believe you're pretty much bang on. Its two different types of off-roading altogether.

I think while the TRX vs Raptor was a fair comparison, the venue / obstacles were off and didn't make sense as the two pickups aren't designed for that stuff.

It totally made sense to have the Gladiator run that course, but then it should have run it against a Ford Bronco or a Jeep Rubicon for comparison and not the two Baja style trucks...

No idea about the Bronco but from Jeep the Mojave edition has a wider track and different tune on the suspension to do some Baja style runs. But still I don't think the 3.6v6 or 2L turbo Jeeps can keep up with the TRX or Raptor.. 😂

Maybe when the Jeep 392 comes with the 6.4Hemi can race with the TRX and Raptor.

10 minutes ago, kmeeg said:

BTW I'm not very happy with TRX easter eggs. Like showing a T-Rex eating Raptor and showing how small a Raptor is compared to a T-Rex . I don't like vehicle manufactures disrespecting other brands like this.

2021 Ram 1500 TRX Has The Most Savage Easter Egg Ever - NewsOpener

Just A Car Guy: The 2021 Ram Rebel TRX concept / show circuit truck has a  center console bin mat that trolls the Ford F-150 Raptor. The Ram TRX is  the Hellcat

lol !! Sorry @kmeeg, but I guess I'm the opposite! My kind of automaker! :D 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

If overpricing is a thing, this guy takes the cake. Picasso of overpriced cars.

But it's ok. You can get a finance...

Why is a Minor overpriced again? The bans don't apply to it.

Max it’ll be worth 5 lacks. Better to avoid guys like these all together.

C7A91505-B8E1-491D-BC15-FDAF08D55504.png

1 hour ago, fiat fan said:

If overpricing is a thing, this guy takes the cake. Picasso of overpriced cars.

But it's ok. You can get a finance...

Why is a Minor overpriced again? The bans don't apply to it.

Max it’ll be worth 5 lacks. Better to avoid guys like these all together.

C7A91505-B8E1-491D-BC15-FDAF08D55504.png

But price is negotiable apparently. So going by your estimation you've got a 2.mil negotiation to play with: Go for it. If you want, as a favor, I and a few chaps can call and make a number of low ball offers before you step into the ring to soften him up a bit... :D 

Just joking, the car looks well restored, and a decent resto is going to cost a bit these days no? Plus its a convertible, so won't that make it a bit more rare? - I actually like the look of the car, but don't have that kind of budget, so its a moot point, but still curious to know what a fair valuation of this would peg the price at? 

Edited by Kavvz

Tourers are rare I presume. They tend to rust to the ground quicker than the regular ones. Most available for sale are regular cars after chop jobs with shady papers. A good example would fetch around 1mil afaik. 2.5mil, leasing can be arranged... A typical quick site advertisement. May be the guy thought that someone will buy at this insane price to export

16 hours ago, fiat fan said:

Similar examples can be found under 1mil,but the real moving price is around 500k. Minors are plentiful and not that sought after. The MAX it’s worth is MAYBE 800k.

Actually...genuine Tourers go for closer to 1 to 1.2mil or even more if it still has the original engine and book...most of the 800K ones are converts. 

Dont know if this is old but found this interesting vehicle and the accompanying advert. Whats most interesting are the contents of the conditions on the RMV document.

Although the seller implies a later model (R30) Skyline its actually a C210 model.

RMV.jpg

Skyline.jpg

4 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Dont know if this is old but found this interesting vehicle and the accompanying advert. Whats most interesting are the contents of the conditions on the RMV document.

Although the seller implies a later model (R30) Skyline its actually a C210 model.

RMV.jpg

Skyline.jpg

Yeah...this has been popping up every few years...I believe we discussed this car a few years ago on the forums when it came up for sale back then. Yes...it is a C210..a wagon I believe with the back cut off. At one point in time it still had the C210 front but it seems like that too has disappeared now. 

There was also a white wagon in a dilapidated state. If memory serves me right some one said it belonged to some ministry. Not sure if this is that same wagon. 

On 12/20/2020 at 2:10 PM, Carmafia said:

Different location, different mileage but the same car and the same seller.😃

image.thumb.png.4e684d9ea4c92fafe8de0f8fb86a3c1c.png

image.thumb.png.5a0f227a50152a0f93178c97302e5a8c.png

Looks like meter karakima has been instilled into car selling culture.

Friend sold his car during height of price hikes for a couple of lakhs above the 'usual market price'. Sold the car cash within 48 hours of posting everything transferred. 

See the same car with half its mileage on sale for a good mil above what my friend sold it for three days or so later. Car was marked as sold in a few days. :( 

16 hours ago, iRage said:

Yeah...this has been popping up every few years...I believe we discussed this car a few years ago on the forums when it came up for sale back then. Yes...it is a C210..a wagon I believe with the back cut off. At one point in time it still had the C210 front but it seems like that too has disappeared now. 

There was also a white wagon in a dilapidated state. If memory serves me right some one said it belonged to some ministry. Not sure if this is that same wagon. 

What I wanted to show is that it cannot be sold to anyone as per the conditions in the book.

On 12/24/2020 at 3:34 PM, Gummybr said:

What I wanted to show is that it cannot be sold to anyone as per the conditions in the book.

Did not notice the condition on the CR. I wonder if this is that government wagon...or part of a fleet that the govt. got back then. So....after all these years the condition being there means it was not technically disposed of by the government and it still has some kind of stake in it ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2021 at 8:34 AM, matroska said:

When you Frankenstein the s##t out of your car and you're no longer sure what it is :D 

Plot twist - the actual car is neither - It's a Toyota Corona :D 

image.png.b0bb65966b0eeb7d9ce71590ee5ab873.png

Corolla = Market value so its a Nissan Corolla