• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

## Post Whoring - Part 3 ##

MADZ

Mostly just flapping his mouth about a lot of things but some truth in what he says as well. Worth running in the background as you browse at least so:

Key things:

1. To check the coolant no need to mess about, sticking it in fridges: Just buy a reputed brand from a authorized dealer. If you do want to check: Most mechanics have a density meter which they use to check the coolant quality-Use that if needed. Or just use a multi-meter

2. Just buy engine oil from a reputed dealer.

3. Don't use any additives, instead use a good reputed fully synthetic oil if you want to be fancy....

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

On 3/17/2021 at 5:48 PM, iRage said:

In memory of the Queen of the Ring...

Probably the funnest lap of hers most of think of first...

Fun fact about Sabine, when she was driving the Jaguar S Type Diesel around the 'burg the camera crew had a hard time keeping up with her in a Jaguar S Type R with another german race car driver at the helm. Truly an icon.

• Like 1

The FIA stole my boi Max's win and I stand by it. 
The rules around Turn 4 was that you can cut the corner but you can't cut the corner if you getting an advantage which means you can't overtake which is stupid since if you cut the corner you reduce your lap time and Hamilton was basically on that corner 24/7

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, kmeeg said:

What's in front of all those Toyota's putting a spectacular show? A Nissan...!!

(The camera vehicle for 4WD 24-7)

Nissan all the way.... And Shauno acts like he will only love a Toyota, but later on with the old Patrol he looked to change his perception but went back to his Land Cruisers. There was only the guy in the Isuzu (Graham I think) who loved the Nissan's.

Proves that Nissan still had it with the old Y61.

Edited by Gummybr
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

Nissan all the way.... And Shauno acts like he will only love a Toyota, but later on with the old Patrol he looked to change his perception but went back to his Land Cruisers. There was only the guy in the Isuzu (Graham I think) who loved the Nissan's.

Not sure if it was 4wd 24-7 or Ronny Dahl videos said those Nissan Patrol components are much more heavy duty than Land cruiser 70s.

The Ausie4wheeler channel got some insane Nissan Patrol builds. 

8 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Nissan all the way.... 

100 % !! The Y60 and the Y61 platforms were amazing. Only issue is : Finding a non-dodgy one! Its like trying to find an honest politician....

17 hours ago, Kavvz said:

100 % !! The Y60 and the Y61 platforms were amazing. Only issue is : Finding a non-dodgy one! Its like trying to find an honest politician....

That would be in Sri Lanka, a friend of mine said that there was is an old Jag which is running a newer body in an older model (I was shocked, double shocked when I heard the price).

In Australia the LC's are more popular than the Nissan's, can see how the comments have come up saying that they should retire the Patrol and get a LC105.

On 4/9/2021 at 1:32 PM, kmeeg said:

Not sure if it was 4wd 24-7 or Ronny Dahl videos said those Nissan Patrol components are much more heavy duty than Land cruiser 70s.

Not sure about heavy duty and stuff...but the Patrol/Safari has always beena much more capable vehicle than the Land Cruisers and Pajeros...it definitely is a much better all-rounder than the 70 series. Price wise it was nearly double the price as the 70 series (at least in Japan) but siginificantly cheaper than the LC100.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kavvz said:

What's happening here Kandy boyz? Have you guys never seen a highway or what?! 

(Also fitting that they should be driving a Toyota! -Yeah I said it 😆😂🤣!! )

Didn't knew Aqua has AutoPilot too.. 😱

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Didn't knew Aqua has AutoPilot too.. 😱

wait...the both guys sticking out from the right side of the car are sticking out from the rear window right ? Towards the latter part of the video you can see the dark shirt guy's arm and sleeve onthe rear window.

This is like a scene from a modern version of "Kolaba Sanniya" :D 

Edited by iRage
  • Haha 1

Hey @kmeeg been waiting for your thought on the V8 Wrangler...What's the scoop? 

Are we going to see one of your 4Runners get replaced with one or what? Certainly looks pretty good (from my point of view at least...)

And I was going to ask you if they were planning on dropping a Hellcat Motor in the Wrangler; but I see its already in the works: I like how those boys in Michigan think 😆 More POoooWER!!

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kavvz said:

Are we going to see one of your 4Runners get replaced with one or what? Certainly looks pretty good (from my point of view at least...)

Ha ha.. Many times my brain says to trade in one of the 4Runners and buy a Wrangler. I think it was last week I went to the configurator tool and building a Diesel Wrangler. Soon after my brain said your kid is growing up now stop spending money on cars and save for education..!! 😂

For sure 392 is fun but that small 3L turbo diesel engine seems like a good option for touring and trails. 

Also, when was the last time i went to the ram configurator tool and built a TRX? Few hours ago.. Closed that page soon after also..😂

Well...here is a distractor, or a statement to make you feel good about your 4Runner.....the 4Runner will certainly live long that your kid can use it to go to Uni and by that time he will be having a cool fully functioning Japanese truck whilst the Jeep would be a memorable relic. Of course...this is presuming that the world still has gasoline and owners of gasoline powered vehicles are not thrown in jail and forever labelled as traitors of humanity.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, iRage said:

Well...here is a distractor, or a statement to make you feel good about your 4Runner.....the 4Runner will certainly live long that your kid can use it to go to Uni and by that time he will be having a cool fully functioning Japanese truck whilst the Jeep would be a memorable relic. Of course...this is presuming that the world still has gasoline and owners of gasoline powered vehicles are not thrown in jail and forever labelled as traitors of humanity.

I wonder the lift would effect the reliability. With those angles the drive components will have more wear and tear right? What do you think? Would it last 10 years / 100K miles? I don't have much hope.

1 minute ago, kmeeg said:

I wonder the lift would effect the reliability. With those angles the drive components will have more wear and tear right? What do you think? Would it last 10 years / 100K miles? I don't have much hope.

Well....you will have to replace things like bushes at shorter intervals...but it will keep running.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kmeeg said:

7 minutes ago, iRage said:

Well....you will have to replace things like bushes at shorter intervals...but it will keep running.

I don't think a lift kit would effect things much either- The reputable ones are pretty heavy duty- Better than OEM I feel...Plus the things that will wear out - Bushes, boots, CV joints all have to be replaced regularly anyways and in the grand scheme of things aren't that costly so...All good! FULL SEND! 😆 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

The reputable ones are pretty heavy duty- Better than OEM I feel...

Yes they are ! 

Besides...seen plenty of Patrol/Safari and Land Cruisers with lift kits that are 10+ years older. Only hitch is apart from things like bushes and common "consumable" items, if anything was to break, you might not be able to find an exact replacement part after 10+ years...so you will have to upgrade the whole thing or run mismatched parts (eg. a TRD XYZ-Red control arm the left and a GAZOO Racing RTSFD@#@-Yellow one on the right side :D )

• Haha 2

Also, when was the last time i went to the ram configurator tool and built a TRX? Few hours ago.. Closed that page soon after also..😂

Ah! The diesel, yeah that's not a bad choice at all, plus you'd be able to tow that RV you were thinking of... But then again that intoxicating V8 exhaust note on the 392 -Whoa!! It sounds way better than the Raptor! (And even the TRX - Weird how that is, considering it's almost the same motor? - It must be the active exhaust settings etc, which I don't believe the TRX has?) 

As for the TRX: Not a huge fan. It doesn't look aggressive enough, especially the sides, too plain...On the other hand I think the Dodge Wrangler nailed it with the new 392 Rubicon- Its just right. A bit showy, but not too over the top...👌

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1