• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My New Ride : Mistubishi Lancer CS1 GLX (A/T) YOM 2007

1.jpg.02008eb943cdd539df5b94855a35b8d5.jpg

Guys, this time it is a ‘Mitsu’.

Last weekend I sold my Perodua Viva Elite after using 6 years with 80k at odometer and shifted to well-maintained Mitsubishi Lancer CS1 GLX.

I was seeking a well maintained CS2 or CS3 with Automatic Transmission for months, but was not lucky enough. Two JDM units found comparatively well but no service records and might be odometer tampered.

On my way, I accidently found this 9 years old girl and could not miss her even she was a CS1.

Hence settled with her within a week.

This CS1 is a brand new import under permit scheme and registered in 2007 December. Previous two owners were members of the same family and had maintained her with Unit#d Mot#rs and had all service records from the beginning to up to date. (I verified service history with Unit#d Mot#rs before buying and they confirmed everything is genuine) Last owner was a lady and wonder how she looked after this vehicle.

Timing belt has been replaced at 45,000km considering the time factor being 6 years. Current odometer is 92,000km.

Again three Autolankans were helping me; Trinity, Davy and The Don.

Specially CS experts Trinity and Davy gave me very valuable advises and kept following the project.

@trinity, @Davy, @The Don  Thank you all guys. :)

Here are some photos of her.

2.jpg.25e888a6fdaefc09e990c3ffca032b9b.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Sampath Gunasekera said:

On my way, I accidently found this 9 years old girl and....

Hence settled with her within a week.

sounds a bit pedo.. JK JK :P :P congratulations on your purchase mate  . How does the cs1 drive compared to the Viva Elite? I'm stucked with a viva at the moment and looking for a possible upgrade in future, with a budget of around 3M. Is this variant of cs1 equipped with airbags?

• Like 1

Congratulations again Sampath! And welcome to the Mitsubishi brotherhood! I'm glad to be of assistance and more glad that you did not give up the search even after a long period of patiently waiting for the right one to turn up. The car is an absolute minter, I wish I could have personally seen her before I headed back, but from the numerous phone calls we've had, I know it's a gem (or a diamond :)). Anyway, hope you have fun driving it. All the best!

1 hour ago, ghostwriter said:

sounds a bit pedo.. JK JK :P :P congratulations on your purchase mate  . How does the cs1 drive compared to the Viva Elite? I'm stucked with a viva at the moment and looking for a possible upgrade in future, with a budget of around 3M. Is this variant of cs1 equipped with airbags?

The brand new CS Lancer came in two trims (I'm saying this for the millionth time on the forum now). GL and GLX where GLX is the full option one which has dual airbags and all the other bells and whistles like a 6CD changer, ABS, fog lamps etc. Sampath's car is a GLX, so it has all of the options. Search the forum and you can find more information.

Edited by Davy
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, iRage said:

Congrats on the new ride !

So..am I the only one who wants this guy to go for some wider wheels ?

Wider or bigger? :) The stock ones are 185 wide and looks alright IMO. Also, those OEM wheels are very rare. The car comes with a full sized alloy wheel for the spare as well. 

3 hours ago, Davy said:

Wider or bigger? :) The stock ones are 185 wide and looks alright IMO. Also, those OEM wheels are very rare. The car comes with a full sized alloy wheel for the spare as well. 

Bigger as well but wider....the wheels look too tucked in :) would be nicer if it was flushed a little bit:P.

Also, with a tyre width of 185...what is the width of the rim ? it can range from about 5.5 to about 6.5 cant it ? I think 185 would be the smallest tyre width for a 6.5 ?

Edited by iRage

56 minutes ago, iRage said:

Bigger as well but wider....the wheels look too tucked in :) would be nicer if it was flushed a little bit:P.

Also, with a tyre width of 185...what is the width of the rim ? it can range from about 5.5 to about 6.5 cant it ? I think 185 would be the smallest tyre width for a 6.5 ?

If my memory serves me right, the rims are 6J, so 185 is the ideal size although you can go up to about 205 safely. I agree the rims look a bit tucked in and using wider rubber might help a bit.

The VR-X and RalliArt variants available in Australia come with 15 inch OZ rims and they're 6J ones wrapped with 195 tyres. Looks very nice. @MrCat changed to these wheels on his wagon:

And of course @trinity's OZ wheels. These ones are 7J and sit flush with the body of the car. He needs to drop the car a bit or reduce the profile of the tyres to get the perfect look.

@Sampath Gunasekera, just letting you know your options. :P 

Congratz on your new ride bro!!!

Thecar seems very well maintained and taken care of.I don't know but one of my friends said that Lancer CS is more comfier than Axio and also his previous Cefiro.I'm yet to drive or be a passenger in a CS.

• Like 1

I can't help but watch with envy whenever the two Lancers - one a well maintained 11 Sri A172 and another a CS1 - pass in front of my house everyday. Both are so quiet and smooth.

Congrats Sampath!

• Like 1

On 5/10/2017 at 9:34 AM, ghostwriter said:

Many thanks for your wishes.

Major difference is, if Viva Elite is a Delica van, CS1 is a Rosa bus. :) Cs 1 is lengthy as 14' 8".  Need to handle very carefully. But very spacious and comfortable. 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2017 at 11:49 AM, iRage said:

Congrats on the new ride !

So..am I the only one who wants this guy to go for some wider wheels ?

Many thanks for your idea iRage

But still wish to stick to the tire size recommended by the manufacturer. All 04 tires are  in good condition and specially front two tires seems not even done 1000km-2000km. Hence thinking not to spend money on them and have some other cosmetic ideas which will describe soon. :)

Just look at the car.. Absolute minter, clean AF as someone mentioned earlier. Congratulations Sampath. It was my pleasure being a small contributor to this endeavor. 

I know for fact that she will not let you down (speaking with experience of 9 happy years of owning a CS1). 

Enjoy brother, and keep us posted every step of the journey..

Cheers!

• Like 1

Thanks guys for your lovey wishes.:)

Have some ideas for some cosmetics upgrades.

(1) Urgently I am looking for good door visors. I am happy if I can find out an original set, not  cheap thin aftermarket set.

59155412c0604_doorvisor.jpg.1883f3cc796d414d7c280a614c734650.jpg

(2) Reverse camera.

(3) Rear spoiler

1 minute ago, Sampath Gunasekera said:

Thanks guys for your lovey wishes.:)

Have some ideas for some cosmetics upgrades.

(1) Urgently I am looking for good door visors. I am happy if I can find out an original set, not  cheap thin aftermarket set.

59155412c0604_doorvisor.jpg.1883f3cc796d414d7c280a614c734650.jpg

(2) Reverse camera.

(3) Rear spoiler

I too wanted those visors but failed to find Originals, So I gave up the idea. This doesn't mean that the originals are hard to find, just that i didn't look hard enough as this was floating at the bottom area of my priority list for the car. Suggest checking up with recon part dealers. If you find any let me know as well.

Spoiler, you could buy that from Hashen 0776 204776 (Euro Lanka Spares)

Reverse camera gonna be a tricky thing as the car does not have space for a double din player. Of course you could use a player that the display comes out when the video is turned on (I dont know what they are called) but that display blocks the center A/C vents. Fixing the spoiler will help you when reversing as you can see it clearly when looked back. Since the car has reverse sensors I dont see much of a requirement for a rev cam.

I would like to suggest that you get the door frames painted in black like in the photo above especially if you are gonna fix visors. You can get the original color code from the company or our resident @Davy will be able to help you with this.

And paint them reverse sensors (if doing so wont affect the functionality of them)

On 5/10/2017 at 5:19 PM, Davy said:

If my memory serves me right, the rims are 6J, so 185 is the ideal size although you can go up to about 205 safely. I agree the rims look a bit tucked in and using wider rubber might help a bit.

The VR-X and RalliArt variants available in Australia come with 15 inch OZ rims and they're 6J ones wrapped with 195 tyres. Looks very nice. @MrCat changed to these wheels on his wagon:

And of course @trinity's OZ wheels. These ones are 7J and sit flush with the body of the car. He needs to drop the car a bit or reduce the profile of the tyres to get the perfect look.

@Sampath Gunasekera, just letting you know your options. :P 

Agreed on car should be lowered in order to get the perfect looks. Actually the ideal tire size for the wheel is 205.55.15 where as im having 195.60.15. And them low profile tires are so damn expensive.

Adey, Another Mitsu car! I'm stoked! Congrats on the new ride @Sampath Gunasekera. To state the very obvious, Clean AF. 

Let me contact some folks I know about the spoiler. Good decision on the sun visors. For the lack of OEM sun visors, I went ahead with some Panchi ones some time back - One of the worst decisions. I never felt alright until I actually removed them. Took bloody four hours to remove the gunk. (Didn't have one of those gunk removers handy.)

I think it's high time that all the AL mitsu boys met. @trinity What say you since obviously the Lancer boys are a majority?

26 minutes ago, Sierra Charlie said:

Adey, Another Mitsu car! I'm stoked! Congrats on the new ride @Sampath Gunasekera. To state the very obvious, Clean AF. 

Let me contact some folks I know about the spoiler. Good decision on the sun visors. For the lack of OEM sun visors, I went ahead with some Panchi ones some time back - One of the worst decisions. I never felt alright until I actually removed them. Took bloody four hours to remove the gunk. (Didn't have one of those gunk removers handy.)

I think it's high time that all the AL mitsu boys met. @trinity What say you since obviously the Lancer boys are a majority?

Thats a great idea. We'll work something out. Its high time we all (The mitsu fraternity) meet. Lets work something out.

• Like 1