• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer EX vs Civic FD4

alpha17

Question

Hello guys,

Yeah I have been planning to buy a car for about 3 years,but gave first place to family expenses and higher education.Finally I decided to move on during the next few months to a new ride.My good old 121 is still serving me without letting me down but I think I had her enough(5+ yrs).

Finally I narrowed down my search list to these two babes,the Ex and Fd4 as both of them are in the reachable price bracket.Previously had the idea for a 3rd gen prius but it is useless as I only do less than 1000kms per month.So my requirements are these.

1.Should be comfortable on long journeys.I might have to travel to places like Jaffna and Matara once or twice in a month.

2.Stability in speeds over 100 as I had to  maintain such a speed speacially when travelling to jaffna.

3.Interior space both front and rear.

4.Fuel economy is not a main priority.I have an extreme light foot most of the times??.But if someone can give exact fuel figures I would be glad.

5.Should have a bit of soul in it???.A bit of handling and oomph

Yet to drive both of them as they are very rare in our area.The problems that I have are

1.Does the Ex feels underpowered due to its 1500cc engine and 1200+kg weight?Also the 1600cc variant is rare and exceeds my budget.

2.I've heard the Fd series is not comfortable on long journeys and has stiffer suspension.Is it true?If someone who had driven both the fd4 and 121 can give me an advice that would be much valuable.

I dumped the Axio because everyone has it and handles worse than the 121.Allion and Premio,again overpriced and common.But I would love to own a 240 series Allion on a Premio with 1800cc,but rarity and 100k+ kms milege keeps myself away.

So i hope you guys will help me to make a good decision.Also any other choices are welcome.Thanks

I know this is a bit old thread. But  I'm also looking for FD1, but it's very rare to find a good one. I inspect a car today (29/10/2019). From Car Checks. The overall score is 86.7. Actually it's a pretty good value for 13 years old car. But my only concern is, this beauty is leaking oil from the tranny and rack. :(  I'm so desperate now