• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

MICRO BAIC X25

SAN1980

@ TRC

i am not expecting the SUV to be perfect as a  luxurious mercedez Benz and i have never mentioned anywhere in my post about that 

Mind you that I have spent hard earned money not to buy a vehicle with defective tyres with absolutely no options for replacement  which puts passengers life at risk and I have  spent millions of rupees not just to buy an SUV with corroded wheel disc either. 

i cannot afford to use this vehicle at a very high fuel consumption rate of 5.5km per litre and I am sure there are many who cannot afford and it's for their benifits I have reviewed my honest opinion about this vehicle . 

Negative comments and reviews actually increases resale value in the long run if micro makes an attempt to rectify their problem areas based on customer feedback. 

As other members have  advised  keep your vehicle for your self and don't worry much about resale value as you are 100 percent perfectly satisfied with the vehicle 

Finally why don't you try a sales marketing job at micro ? You have a good future over there 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Haru said:

@ TRC

i am not expecting the SUV to be perfect as a  luxurious mercedez Benz and i have never mentioned anywhere in my post about that 

Mind you that I have spent hard earned money not to buy a vehicle with defective tyres with absolutely no options for replacement  which puts passengers life at risk and I have  spent millions of rupees not just to buy an SUV with corroded wheel disc either. 

i cannot afford to use this vehicle at a very high fuel consumption rate of 5.5km per litre and I am sure there are many who cannot afford and it's for their benifits I have reviewed my honest opinion about this vehicle . 

Negative comments and reviews actually increases resale value in the long run if micro makes an attempt to rectify their problem areas based on customer feedback. 

As other members have  advised  keep your vehicle for your self and don't worry much about resale value as you are 100 percent perfectly satisfied with the vehicle 

Finally why don't you try a sales marketing job at micro ? You have a good future over there 

Could you please post a pic of your X25 ? Cut out the registration plate if you want :)

About the "wheel disc", do you mean the brake rotor? It's quite normal to have surface rust on it as it's made of cast iron. 

13 hours ago, TRC said:

Thanks for all the feedback people! This forum is Guerrilla marketing indeed! Filled with hypocrites who don't know what they are talking about!

@TRC

I think you have flagged your own self as a hypocrite.most of the AL members are people who posses extensive knowledge in terms of vehicle usage, mechanical knowledge and overall knowledge in every aspect of a vehicle. If you search this forum you may notice that there are lots of newbies seeking knowledge and advices from AL members.That's because then can rely on AL members advice.if you had asked for advice/help before buying this car of yours then you probably would have thought twice before purchasing the car. I think you are just being paranoid for buying what majority of the users consider to be a worthless vehicle and you are trying to feel good about your decision to buy this at the first place.anyway like mentioned above if you are happy with your car then by all means enjoy. it's your baby..

• Like 5

@TRC definitely you will change your words, once you enjoy MICROS's excellent after sales service!!!! 

I am uncertain about the strengthening strategy of Micro as a company. Rather than bringing one or two brands and become an expert on maintaining and repairing the same brand with ample spare part stock, they try to bring down different brands. Now all of sudden,,,,,BIAC. It seems they try different chinese bands for quick money and just neglect the customer. 

• Like 2

If someone wants to know how Micro serve to their customers,

there is Facebook group  called Geely Pandas owners club sri lanka (i can not past the link here because of AL forum rules).

you can see tons of negative comments.

page admin has also faced the same kind of treatment , as an example i will write how he (admin) has started to post it in that FB page,

<quote from FB>

Dear  <Removed - but this is the link of Micro page>  People. I maintained my car through your company from the beginning of time on last 3 years. I wasted money, i wasted my time to stay whole day for a small service and even a small repair blah blah. And also last time i have done my 35k service in your cheating place too. I'm writing like this because what i faced today's situation. Today i went to my friends place to replace my iridiums. (Thanx to Mahesh you sent me the details about plugs and thats was helpful to me)

So he checked the air filter, it looks like full of charcoal. It looks like not cleaned or not replaced from your services for ages.

Then we checked the Throttle body, it filled with full of carbon and you guys still stay like dumb on services.

Then we checked injectors as well and those all covered with full of carbon and all blackish and filled with dirt. What the hell you guys are doing in servicing vehicle?

See the image attached below, when you remove the black engine cover, it was like "නාවින්න කුණු කන්ද".

Even in a last 3 years, you guys never remove it atleast one time and put a vacuum or air pressure or seems you people not tried to clean the top mount engine ares. because there are too much dirt තට්ටු තට්ටු . . . !

So shame on you guys. what the hell you guys doing with our valuable time to waste full of a day and working with not trained careless workers? dont you guys have no money to get people to do the works and who love to work on these things? you guys just only doing the oil changing when servicing? really?

Great.

This is for your attention my friend <removed> and other members in this group. About that hell of place you putting your car in to services.

Screenshot this and send to their higher management to see what the hell people doing in their place. They knows only eat in time, drint tea in time and stop the works at 4.30 in time. Thats all. Wasting our f**king time.

Good luck micro . . .!

Thank you very much my friend at <removed> who showed me all those things and showed few faulty things in my car that needs to repair soon.

Thanx again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MV-5 said:

If someone wants to know how Micro serve to their customers,

there is Facebook group  called Geely Pandas owners club sri lanka (i can not past the link here because of AL forum rules).

you can see tons of negative comments.

page admin has also faced the same kind of treatment , as an example i will write how he (admin) has started to post it in that FB page,

<quote from FB>

Dear  <Removed - but this is the link of Micro page>  People. I maintained my car through your company from the beginning of time on last 3 years. I wasted money, i wasted my time to stay whole day for a small service and even a small repair blah blah. And also last time i have done my 35k service in your cheating place too. I'm writing like this because what i faced today's situation. Today i went to my friends place to replace my iridiums. (Thanx to Mahesh you sent me the details about plugs and thats was helpful to me)

So he checked the air filter, it looks like full of charcoal. It looks like not cleaned or not replaced from your services for ages.

Then we checked the Throttle body, it filled with full of carbon and you guys still stay like dumb on services.

Then we checked injectors as well and those all covered with full of carbon and all blackish and filled with dirt. What the hell you guys are doing in servicing vehicle?

See the image attached below, when you remove the black engine cover, it was like "නාවින්න කුණු කන්ද".

Even in a last 3 years, you guys never remove it atleast one time and put a vacuum or air pressure or seems you people not tried to clean the top mount engine ares. because there are too much dirt තට්ටු තට්ටු . . . !

So shame on you guys. what the hell you guys doing with our valuable time to waste full of a day and working with not trained careless workers? dont you guys have no money to get people to do the works and who love to work on these things? you guys just only doing the oil changing when servicing? really?

Great.

This is for your attention my friend <removed> and other members in this group. About that hell of place you putting your car in to services.

Screenshot this and send to their higher management to see what the hell people doing in their place. They knows only eat in time, drint tea in time and stop the works at 4.30 in time. Thats all. Wasting our f**king time.

Good luck micro . . .!

Thank you very much my friend at <removed> who showed me all those things and showed few faulty things in my car that needs to repair soon.

Thanx again.

Indeed, this is Micro. I took my brothers' Kyron sometime ago as it went on limb mode. It needed the vacuum modulator filter replaced (50 Rs. job). Instead of replacing the filter, Micro guys suggested to replace the modulator costing nearly Rs. 10,000.00.

I came to know couple of situations where they have not replaced air/fuel filters even billed for those. If someone is ignorant about mechanics, they will defiantly ripoff the person.

I hope someone will sue these people in very near future......  

Edited by vitz

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2018 at 7:06 PM, TRC said:

Hi

@haru @myk

Please stop giving negative comments on the X25. I am also a user and I am very happy with the vehicle! Its fully worth the price I paid for it and there is no better option in the market at this price. There were a few minor adjustments in my vehicle as well. But I got it rectified. You are creating false rumors which will make it hard for us to re-sell in future. I think both of you should purchase Mercedez instead of BAIC if you are expecting everything to be luxuriously perfect!

Dear TRC,

I’m a little surprised  about  your positive comments about the Micro Baic X25. Assuming you are a genuine user of Baic X25 we all  have the right to share our honest opinion.

It seems clearly you have got my comments all wrong. Therefore, here’s my explanation . 

a) I did an extensive research about the vehicle before I bought it. Like you said at that time it felt like good value for money and I believed the rogue sales guy who told me that it’s is a special price for the first 60 units and the prices will be increased by 300,000 minimum. Also the liying  sales agent showed me a Tivoli which was parked next to it and said the seats of the Baic X25would be similar. 

b) regarding your comment we are trying to create false rumour? Why would I ?? I have better things to do than to come online and create an account just to write a roumor. I’m bitterly disappointed and felt cheated by the company/ staff who sold me the vehicle with LIES!!. It’s called a providing falsifying information,and misguiding the buyer!! 

C) regarding your comment about we should have gone for a Mercedes Benz or BMW. I was comparing the seats to a Maruti. The new Celero or the Axia has much better seats than the X25 and 1million cheaper!!!! Not compared to a BMW or Mercedes and never expected that quality -  therefore, your comment seems very immature. 

D) regarding your comment  about happy Baic X25 customers, I have a WhatsApp group with  the entire batch of customers who bought the Micro X25 at the launch, but feels the same way as i am. So we are not bluffing and I’m not alone in this we are a whole bunch of Baic x25 owners.

Some of the owners in the group have differnt problems like manufacturing defect in the wheels, waited for 2-3 months to get parts. Some have sent many emails to the company without any reply. Leave everything a side if they are selling  a fantastic vehicle like you have claimed, why on earth can’t the sales people answer our call to address our concerns? Why did they stop the  trade in offer for the X25???? 

E) You want to sell your Baic for 3.5 Million after3 years ? May be you should get back to Earth. And good luck with that. 

D) I went through your comments or the phrases you have use “such as no vehicle for 4.2 Million in the market like this” it’s the same words used by the lying sales guy at Micro. Perhaps you must be having some connection. 

F) if it is such a good vehicle why would they want to reduce the price ?? Specially when the rupee value drops about  4-5% per annum against the USD. Naturally the price should go up by 6-7% per annum. 

From the way you have responded it seems like you are not a genuine owner of X25. Nevertheless it’s my responsibility to warn others since I have lost Rs 1Million on the X25Baic. And I worked hard to earn that money! 

4 hours ago, Myk said:

my responsibility to warn others since I have lost Rs 1Million on the X25Baic

guess you would have been happier if you bought an older European or jap vehicle and spent that 1 million to fix it.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I am using an X25 bought from the first batch.

This is the first time I bought from Micro;

Mostly I had used Japanese cars;... once an Indian made.

Why I decided to consider an X25 was; It looked nice, saw some positive reviews about Senova (The model Used in Europe); IT had a good ground clearance, and above all, looked a decent price for a Brand new SUV.

I knew, Micro sales and marketing usually bullshit; so, I didn't believe in what they said; but went with above facts and took a little risk of course!.

On the other hand, I have this feeling that we should help local industry to develop. As a 'patriotic citizen'. :D :D

Here are some of my unbiased, mixed reviews on the vehicle and experience with Micro.

* The vehicle looked OK at that price, compared to other similar models in the market; for example, ford, Suzuki, Mitzubishi, Cherry etc; But I feel it should have been half a million lower in order to call it 'attractive' in price. Usually Micro sales and marketing guys fail in their marketing strategies.

* One issue with Micro is that, they do not continue with most of the new models they introduce, and kill the second hand market. I think they don't know what they're doing.

* However,  When driving X25, it feels steady, handling feels superb, you can enjoy your ride. I do enjoy driving X25, in both city and highways.

* on the other hand, pick up, specially in uphills, is poor; I think there is some issue with gear shifting under heavy loading. Micro guys have no clue of how to fix this. 

* mainly because of the above, the fuel economy is not that good 8~8.5 km/l in the city. However long distance is just fine; nearly 16 km/l; 

* At high engine revs' above 2,000 rpm, the engines shows lot of power; I don't know, if this vehicle is meant to go at high speeds always.

* I am wondering who picked up features to go with this vehicle; It has lot of exterior lights; such as, front fogs, reverse fogs, day lights, dis mains etc; but there is no cabin light. F**k you designer!. 

* It has multi functions, cruse controls, multi-functions, blah blah; but no retractable mirrors; F**k you again designer!!

* The ground clearance is great. Due to high clearance and seemingly short wheel base, I have found no difficulty in maneuvering in difficult road with lots of holes and mounds. That's a big plus point in Sr Lankan roads.

* They say, they do seats and buffers Locally by micro. Those are the worst part f the vehicle. Shit quality and standards, I wish they were also done in China.

* The after sales service can be summarize by my experience:

I needed some spare parts for the new vehicle  I went to them. And I was told, no spare parts, and a ship was coming in few weeks. Then I went after few weeks,  the same story came. Then I went few weeks later; at that day I'd had a very bad temper due to some other matter. They came up with the same story of, no spare parts and and a ship was on the way. 

I became furious at the story.  And yelled at those odd looking two chicks at the spare parts counter and threaten them to get the shit out of their mouth if the problem was not solve then and their immediately. 

If you want, you believe this guys, they came up with the required spare part within 5 minutes saying they had some parts reserved for their assembly.

That's how, I think you have to resolve your spare part and after device issues I think.

* Anyway, prior to that, I had some problem with the wheel alignment problem in the new vehicle. I brought to them and they did the needful immediately. 

* On the other hand, I have experience with Toyota Lanka and A*W. Compared to them, I do not see much difference in Micro. There is always good and bad everywhere.

** In a nutshell, X25 is an OK car; I would say it's a very good car for a Chinese made model. Handling and ground clearance is superb. Appearance looks great. 

** On the other hand, MIcro sucks in their marketing strategies, X25 fuel economy is not great at cities, Acceleration at low speed is annoying. 

** Finally, it may worth it's price. You have to expect some holes in cheap goods!!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Chan said:

Why I decided to consider an X25 was; It looked nice, saw some positive reviews about Senova (The model Used in Europe); IT had a good ground clearance, and above all, looked a decent price for a Brand new SUV.

I knew, Micro sales and marketing usually bullshit; so, I didn't believe in what they said; but went with above facts and took a little risk of course!.

On the other hand, I have this feeling that we should help local industry to develop. As a 'patriotic citizen'. :D :D

Here are some of my unbiased, mixed reviews on the vehicle and experience with Micro.

* The vehicle looked OK at that price, compared to other similar models in the market; for example, ford, Suzuki, Mitzubishi, Cherry etc; But I feel it should have been half a million lower in order to call it 'attractive' in price. Usually Micro sales and marketing guys fail in their marketing strategies.

* One issue with Micro is that, they do not continue with most of the new models they introduce, and kill the second hand market. I think they don't know what they're doing.

* However,  When driving X25, it feels steady, handling feels superb, you can enjoy your ride. I do enjoy driving X25, in both city and highways.

* on the other hand, pick up, specially in uphills, is poor; I think there is some issue with gear shifting under heavy loading. Micro guys have no clue of how to fix this. 

* mainly because of the above, the fuel economy is not that good 8~8.5 km/l in the city. However long distance is just fine; nearly 16 km/l; 

* At high engine revs' above 2,000 rpm, the engines shows lot of power; I don't know, if this vehicle is meant to go at high speeds always.

* I am wondering who picked up features to go with this vehicle; It has lot of exterior lights; such as, front fogs, reverse fogs, day lights, dis mains etc; but there is no cabin light. F**k you designer!. 

* It has multi functions, cruse controls, multi-functions, blah blah; but no retractable mirrors; F**k you again designer!!

* The ground clearance is great. Due to high clearance and seemingly short wheel base, I have found no difficulty in maneuvering in difficult road with lots of holes and mounds. That's a big plus point in Sr Lankan roads.

* They say, they do seats and buffers Locally by micro. Those are the worst part f the vehicle. Shit quality and standards, I wish they were also done in China.

I needed some spare parts for the new vehicle  I went to them. And I was told, no spare parts, and a ship was coming in few weeks. Then I went after few weeks,  the same story came. Then I went few weeks later; at that day I'd had a very bad temper due to some other matter. They came up with the same story of, no spare parts and and a ship was on the way. 

I became furious at the story.  And yelled at those odd looking two chicks at the spare parts counter and threaten them to get the shit out of their mouth if the problem was not solve then and their immediately. 

If you want, you believe this guys, they came up with the required spare part within 5 minutes saying they had some parts reserved for their assembly.

That's how, I think you have to resolve your spare part and after device issues I think.

* Anyway, prior to that, I had some problem with the wheel alignment problem in the new vehicle. I brought to them and they did the needful immediately. 

* On the other hand, I have experience with Toyota Lanka and A*W. Compared to them, I do not see much difference in Micro. There is always good and bad everywhere.

** In a nutshell, X25 is an OK car; I would say it's a very good car for a Chinese made model. Handling and ground clearance is superb. Appearance looks great. 

** On the other hand, MIcro sucks in their marketing strategies, X25 fuel economy is not great at cities, Acceleration at low speed is annoying. 

** Finally, it may worth it's price. You have to expect some holes in cheap goods!!

I agree with most of your review .

unbiased review .

the low fuel efficiency within city limit could be due to sluggish transmission of gear as you said .

is there a solution for this ? Does an upgrade of software for transmission help ? 

I guess the sluggishness is possibly due To the software issue and absence of dual clutch transmission.

MG Zs is equipped with Dual clutch transmission and it is not sluggish like  x25 

• Thanks 1

After reading all the comments and feedbacks what I understood was people are having different perspectives towards the same product.  I think this more to do with the particular agents after sales service than the brand itself.  Of course SL is not manufacturing any cars so far. 

Despite all, if you search in the web,  more than 8 units of X25s are for sale within last month, all are below 20000 kms, some are below 10000 kms even.  Not happy ?? ?

• 1 month later...
On 8/19/2018 at 4:33 PM, Chan said:

I am using a  Micro -  D20 Sedan   ,  and most of the points you mentioned in the above are correct.  Considering the price factor , the Car could consider as a good option.

Fuel consumption is around 8 -10 within city limits , which was  bit common in used Toyota 1.5 vehicle.  For long distance  , as you mentioned it is around 16-17 .    

Could not predict the future.  Already drove over 2000 KM  , so far so good.  

( Need to accept that  , expecting the Toyota quality  in a Chinese car is useless. But 2000% better than Indian products or peredua )

• Haha 1

I had a bad experience today with micro x 25 . Evrytime something or the other keeps happening with this shitty SUV  . 

The side mirrors are only partially visible usually in sunny day due to a bluish tint on it  and today that was totally covered with mist during heavy rain which totally impaired my side view and  I ended up crashing with a three wheeler . 

I am pissed off how inconsiderate these people are of the safetly features of vehicles  when they produce it. 

Edited by Haru
Spelling

I have driven the x25 and I think I can give you guys a fair review. I have driven a huge number of various vehicles during past few years and I think my review will be biased on nobody. This was based on 2-3 days drive around Kegalle town (hills,poor roads,bends and straights). It was owned by a relation who lives in bandarawela and I cannot exactly remember the fuel figures. But I will mention everything point wise.

-The engine’s acceleration side is a bit sluggish when compared with axios and allions, but I don’t think that’s a huge issue.

-Handling is ok for a small suv.I tested it pretty hard, but not bad at all. Ride is a bit stiff. But that’s ok for a small suv again. Haven’t heard any noises when riding on poor roads. 

-Road noise is a bit high. But not extremely high.

-Options and space are excellent for the price you pay.

-Interior feels plasticky.

The opinions are based on my 2 days use and I tested it pretty hard. The car might have some issues. But, for the price you pay, it is excellent as a brand new mini suv. Good ground clearance is well suited for SL roads. For that price there are better options for comfort, economy and driving pleasure. But as a brand new mini suv, it ticks most of the boxes(but I honestly don’t know about the economy)

3 hours ago, Haru said:

I had a bad experience today with micro x 25 . Evrytime something or the other keeps happening with this shitty SUV  . 

The side mirrors are only partially visible usually in sunny day due to a bluish tint on it  and today that was totally covered with mist during heavy rain which totally impaired my side view and  I ended up crashing with a three wheeler . 

I am pissed off how inconsiderate these people are of the safetly features of vehicles  when they produce it. 

What's the purpose of this blue tint?

N7TdKkc.png

4dkI5qV.png

Edited by Hyaenidae

Must be to reduce glare from headlights behind. Lots of euro cars come with tinted side mirrors. Had an old Audi which had them. They were heated too. But the ones in this have a very prominent blue. A bit weird 

Edited by TheFlyingFox

Yes the blue tint is so prominent that impairs the vision . And it is not heated . Rear mirror is also screwed up . 

To send us to either hell or heaven is the purpose of having this tint I guess . 

This god damn tint is not there in MG zS.

@ hyaenidae how is your fuel economy within city limit and intercity ? Mine is around 5.5 to 6 within city and 12 intercity. 

I guess this SUV is not meant for city driving . 

@ dhork agree with issues with sluggishness',plastic feel in  interior and with fairly ok  ground clearance and handling 

Edited by Haru
Spell

I cannot comment on any maintainence or issues. But the problem is, Korean and Chinese made vehicles have poorly fitted interiors.In Carwow review in Youtube,Matt Watson shows us in a Kia Stinger how the center console gives many noises and moves weirdly when we try apply force from sides.I tried the same thing with my 18 year old 121 and it didn’t move or gave any weird noises. I remember about a Kyron of one of my friend’s. It had done only 40k kms but when you close a door the sound gives you the feeling that it’s poorly fitted. Even the armrests on the doors had their fake leather paddings poped up. But the x25 never felt that crappy. Seats are pretty hard and armrests are just plastic covered with a cloth. Material wise it feels cheap.Sometimes the x25 would hold up well as a SL assembled Chinese crossover, but let the time decide...

Edited by DhoRK

1 hour ago, DhoRK said:

I cannot comment on any maintainence or issues. But the problem is, Korean and Chinese made vehicles have poorly fitted interiors.In Carwow review in Youtube,Matt Watson shows us in a Kia Stinger how the center console gives many noises and moves weirdly when we try apply force from sides.I tried the same thing with my 18 year old 121 and it didn’t move or gave any weird noises. I remember about a Kyron of one of my friend’s. It had done only 40k kms but when you close a door the sound gives you the feeling that it’s poorly fitted. Even the armrests on the doors had their fake leather paddings poped up. But the x25 never felt that crappy. Seats are pretty hard and armrests are just plastic covered with a cloth. Material wise it feels cheap.Sometimes the x25 would hold up well as a SL assembled Chinese crossover, but let the time decide...

You get what you pay for , they are considerably less than a reputable brand , your example of the Kia stinger , a car with that sort of performance and characteristics (being a GT) from a reputable brand such as Audi or BMW or even a Japanese brand will cost a lot more ! 

Edited by TheFlyingFox

On 9/27/2018 at 3:11 AM, Haru said:

@ hyaenidae how is your fuel economy within city limit and intercity ? Mine is around 5.5 to 6 within city and 12 intercity. 

I guess this SUV is not meant for city driving . 

I don't have one machan, these images are from the "quick" classifieds site. 

My 1600CC Lancer does 9-10 within the city and 15+ outstation.