• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic 2018

anuNTZ

Got a chance to take a small spin on the 2022 Civic. Looks and feels much nicer. Doesn’t have that boy racer wannabe look any more.

very executive and classy design. Has BMW vibes. 

Interior is much much much better. The ac vents area is specially nice (looks better in person. Its silver I dunno if the pics show) Quality is also much better.

sorry for the bad pics.

363A8B1B-35E8-48B6-966E-C88F160AAED4.jpeg

5E611BBB-C7D4-4B0C-A256-EC43A49E0695.jpeg

9A525949-BC94-440E-ABBE-D216D36794D7.jpeg

BB462ACB-C762-4629-B2CD-E1F342F7AF66.jpeg

D2C9F312-D67D-4B5C-8AEA-55FDFA0A29C6.jpeg

F2BC29C4-F7AD-4F5A-8E5A-8F82D2728091.jpeg

752099AB-CB22-4EFE-93AF-1F6BFB3E6E83.jpeg

DF02F722-B105-4CE5-80EF-BBA7C59C299D.jpeg

D0399682-4A68-4668-977F-21822A955453.jpeg

E0E8A4FB-CA56-48E2-8631-CE521D99EC4E.jpeg

15E23417-685E-49B5-B896-15EA3F6B6818.jpeg

85000BFA-272A-4851-B38C-ECDFE50F980B.jpeg

4078D843-A598-4155-B92F-63593CF4D432.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 10/19/2022 at 5:50 AM, fiat fan said:

Got a chance to take a small spin on the 2022 Civic. Looks and feels much nicer. Doesn’t have that boy racer wannabe look any more.

very executive and classy design. Has BMW vibes. 

Interior is much much much better. The ac vents area is specially nice (looks better in person. Its silver I dunno if the pics show) Quality is also much better.

sorry for the bad pics.

363A8B1B-35E8-48B6-966E-C88F160AAED4.jpeg

5E611BBB-C7D4-4B0C-A256-EC43A49E0695.jpeg

9A525949-BC94-440E-ABBE-D216D36794D7.jpeg

BB462ACB-C762-4629-B2CD-E1F342F7AF66.jpeg

D2C9F312-D67D-4B5C-8AEA-55FDFA0A29C6.jpeg

F2BC29C4-F7AD-4F5A-8E5A-8F82D2728091.jpeg

752099AB-CB22-4EFE-93AF-1F6BFB3E6E83.jpeg

DF02F722-B105-4CE5-80EF-BBA7C59C299D.jpeg

D0399682-4A68-4668-977F-21822A955453.jpeg

E0E8A4FB-CA56-48E2-8631-CE521D99EC4E.jpeg

15E23417-685E-49B5-B896-15EA3F6B6818.jpeg

85000BFA-272A-4851-B38C-ECDFE50F980B.jpeg

4078D843-A598-4155-B92F-63593CF4D432.jpeg

Drives a lot better too ! In fact drives a lot better than the Corolla and Mazda 3.
the eHEV variant is freaky. The car gets driven in EV mode or Hybrid mode..which makes the car get driven by the motor but engineonly acts as a generator (like Nissan's e-power), or performance mode which makes the car run on the engine for performance. WHen in Hybrid mode..the car simulates gear shifts (and even has a wierd little notch) and even has fake engine noise that make it feel like a petrol car...but it is not because the acceleration feel is totally electric. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ok so I just recently changed up my Amaron EFB battery as the previous one died out. Lasted a good 2.5 years before going flat. As in, left-me-stranded-unable-to-start-the-car-at-CCC-after-a-movie-at-1am flat. Good thing the security folks and one kind hearted soul in another car were there to assist and jump-start it. The idle stop refused to kick in for a good 6 months or so before this happened so I guess that should help me predict when it’ll die off next time.

Got it changed by Keerthi’s who brought the new unit to my home and swapped it within a few minutes. The price? I paid just 18k in 2020 whereas it was 51k this time. Got a quote for the same spec battery, albeit a Panasonic from SKM in Kalubowila for 92k!!

Edited by misnad

22 hours ago, misnad said:

The idle stop refused to kick in for a good 6 months or so before this happened so I guess that should help me predict when it’ll die off next time.

Have you noticed any difference in fuel consumption with and without the idle stop?

8 minutes ago, Dee Jay said:

Have you noticed any difference in fuel consumption with and without the idle stop?

Weirdly for me it was worse with idle stop and Econ. I keep turning that off now and driving with Econ off unless it’s crazy traffic. Far better economy in the city this way. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dee Jay said:

Weirdly for me it was worse with idle stop and Econ. I keep turning that off now and driving with Econ off unless it’s crazy traffic. Far better economy in the city this way. 

• Like 1

My Battery died after 4 years in Service - without warning and suddenly the car just would not start. I was unable to source Amaron so had to settle for a non-EFB Yuasa that cost 75 K. Anyways the idle stop does still try to kick in - Thankfully I've already made a habit to turn off the autostop soon after i start the car  since I find it annoying specially in busy junctions .  

I replaced tires as well  - due to Covid and working from home I've still run 30,000 km in the 4 years I've had the car. Nevertheless the original Michelins are prone to peeling-off at this stage and I've already experienced considerable balding on the tyres. Went for a set of BlueEarth's from Yokohama - eye-watering price (62 per tire) . The yoko's are pretty good though.

23 minutes ago, matroska said:

Annoyingly yes. That has to be #2 on the list of annoying things about the car after the CVT gear box. 

At least my one never shut down the engine ever since I bought it. may be due to the fact it is a 1.5L Australia import, as opposed to most being UK imported.

1 hour ago, tinyman said:

may be due to the fact it is a 1.5L Australia import, as opposed to most being UK imported.

Oh that's strange.. I thought all Civics had that feature.. Interesting observation that some markets do not have it..

40 minutes ago, Dee Jay said:

Oh that's strange.. I thought all Civics had that feature.. Interesting observation that some markets do not have it..

1.0L = Thel Higanna edition - every milliliter matters

1.5 L = Danapathi version 😛 

I'm just kidding... I'm happy for the people who don't have the feature 🙏

Edited by matroska
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Shismo said:

I have a 1.5l Japanese Domestic Version and it does have start / stop as well. Overall if you keep the revs below 2k its quite frugal.

Once I pretty much raced from Colombo to Kandy, in between locking VTEC at high RPMs. Fuel efficiency was worse than Colombo city running. Keeping the RPM low helps lot with fuel efficiency & passenger comfort.

On 11/30/2022 at 11:27 AM, misnad said:

Ok so I just recently changed up my Amaron EFB battery as the previous one died out. Lasted a good 2.5 years before going flat. As in, left-me-stranded-unable-to-start-the-car-at-CCC-after-a-movie-at-1am flat. Good thing the security folks and one kind hearted soul in another car were there to assist and jump-start it. The idle stop refused to kick in for a good 6 months or so before this happened so I guess that should help me predict when it’ll die off next time.

Got it changed by Keerthi’s who brought the new unit to my home and swapped it within a few minutes. The price? I paid just 18k in 2020 whereas it was 51k this time. Got a quote for the same spec battery, albeit a Panasonic from SKM in Kalubowila for 92k!!

Im Running at 4.5 years with the battery that came with the car and for about 4-5months now the Auto start/stop not kicking in. i guess the time is coming for me too given your experience.. 😐

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, tinyman said:

Hi, Anyone recently replaced the wiper blades or refiled the existing blades. My one need a change, don't know where to find a good product without paying a hefty price at Saffords.

Hi there.. yup, changed all of my wipers.. for the front ones I got the following from Daraz and they work a charm:

Bosch 26CA Clear Advantage Wiper Blade -26''

Bosch 18CA Clear Advantage Wiper Blade -18''

For the rear, I managed to get a Wilita frameless wiper blade from Show Car Detailers (they're down Hospital Road, Kalubowila now). 

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Hi guys, 

A newbie to the civic community, I want to know a few things on maintaining the car.

got the car at 50 000, and now its time for service again, first service i did in Honda with a hefty bill, there was an oil leak which I fixed by the company and the transmission fluid changed.

so I noticed the company used 5W 30 Motul engine oil, is Motul good to continue with at 55000km or any other engine oil yall recommend?

And i pump 93 from OIC, the car feels a bit slow(had a swift rs turbo previously ), is this normal since its a similar capacity and Swift is less heavier than Civic. 

any turbo maintenance advices, overall things i should have a keen eye on.

16 hours ago, Barrak Ahmed said:

Hi guys, 

A newbie to the civic community, I want to know a few things on maintaining the car.

got the car at 50 000, and now its time for service again, first service i did in Honda with a hefty bill, there was an oil leak which I fixed by the company and the transmission fluid changed.

so I noticed the company used 5W 30 Motul engine oil, is Motul good to continue with at 55000km or any other engine oil yall recommend?

And i pump 93 from OIC, the car feels a bit slow(had a swift rs turbo previously ), is this normal since its a similar capacity and Swift is less heavier than Civic. 

Oil leak is common at around 40,000 - had the same in mine so good thing you got it fixed. 

I pump 95 from IOC- the car isn't really that quick and I would turn off eco mode as it makes the car sluggish anyway.

I've been using Mobi 5W-30 fully synthetic from day one and its been fine. Touchwood no issues with the turbo and now clocked 40,000Kms. 

Only thing I would advice you to do is keep an eye on the maintenance minder and do your services on time. Also car has a timing belt that they recommend is replaced every 5 years- best check with the agents on that as I've heard it costs a bomb.

Do your alignment every 5K- tyres are not cheap. Brake pads also require servicing regularly or they start getting very noisy and wear out fast. 

Other than that- its a great car to own. Take it out on long trips occasionally. Its a treat to drive on the expressway and open B roads.

Good luck. 

18 hours ago, Barrak Ahmed said:

you mean Euro3 right ? Euro 3 is regular 92 with additives - I'd recommend to go for IOC 95 - the specification requires the car to use 95. Car is no type R - and the swift RS is probably faster off the blocks. Turbo lag comes in to play too. You'll figure out how to get the most out of the car - it might be initially slow off the blocks and at the same time suddenly revving high will not give you the best results. If you have driven turbo charged diesels this feels a lot like that. Theres a lot of low end torque - max torque is at 2250 RPM.  Once you ease the car into building up speed it speeds up like a demon and despite the small engine it does not spit it guts out and scream at high revs when you hit 100+ speeds.

We once did a 0-100 test with a regular 1.5 - a 2018 premio and the civic was a couple of seconds quicker. The swift i'm sure is a lot more quicker. 

2 hours ago, RWD said:

tyres are not cheap.

talk about it cost me 250+ for Yokohamas. Might be cheaper now with the dollar rate down. This was end of last year. Brake pads were replaced recently- went for Brembos front and back -cost me close to 50. 

2 hours ago, RWD said:

Its a treat to drive on the expressway and open B roads.

True - the car is more at home on the open roads and long distance than stop-go traffic. 

18 hours ago, Barrak Ahmed said:

Hi guys, 

Also you will need to clean the turbo lines after the next service, mine is 66K on the clock, planning to get it done tomorrow, the cost is roughly 30K as far as I know. 

I also bit confusing about the right time to replace the drive belt, I spoke to the agents and they said at 100K, but according to the Upul (Malabe) after 60K. according to the Google search 60K - 100K or every 6years whichever comes first. Can someone enlighten up pls

2 hours ago, aakalpa said:

I also bit confusing about the right time to replace the drive belt, I spoke to the agents and they said at 100K, but according to the Upul (Malabe) after 60K. according to the Google search 60K - 100K or every 6years whichever comes first. Can someone enlighten up pls

First, check the condition of the belt and then you can decide for yourself.. If the belt is fine keep it under regular observation and go for the replacement at the first signs of deterioration. 

And always ALWAYS stick to the manufacturer's recommendations.. If Honda says it's 60,000 to 100,000 or every 6 years whichever comes first please head that advise. If your car is a 2017 YOM then I suggest you replace it now to avoid replacing other related components along with the belt in case the belt fails.

39 minutes ago, Dee Jay said:

First, check the condition of the belt and then you can decide for yourself.. If the belt is fine keep it under regular observation and go for the replacement at the first signs of deterioration. 

And always ALWAYS stick to the manufacturer's recommendations.. If Honda says it's 60,000 to 100,000 or every 6 years whichever comes first please head that advise. If your car is a 2017 YOM then I suggest you replace it now to avoid replacing other related components along with the belt in case the belt fails.

Thanks for the advice, that's what Im planning to do, I'll let the agents to decide it once they checked the health of the belt tomorrow.