• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic 2018

anuNTZ

On 5/29/2023 at 12:33 AM, Dee Jay said:

First, check the condition of the belt and then you can decide for yourself.. If the belt is fine keep it under regular observation and go for the replacement at the first signs of deterioration. 

And always ALWAYS stick to the manufacturer's recommendations.. If Honda says it's 60,000 to 100,000 or every 6 years whichever comes first please head that advise. If your car is a 2017 YOM then I suggest you replace it now to avoid replacing other related components along with the belt in case the belt fails.

Just adding some vital information regarding the timing belt, cause of it to wear out prematurely and what NOT to do (scraping the belt surface etc.) to the belt and address the real root cause if possible.

image.thumb.png.6846e3585873148bac2445f437513b6b.png

20 hours ago, GWX777 said:

Just adding some vital information regarding the timing belt, cause of it to wear out prematurely and what NOT to do (scraping the belt surface etc.) to the belt and address the real root cause if possible.

image.thumb.png.6846e3585873148bac2445f437513b6b.png

Is the improved Drive Pulley available at the agents? If so its better to change the updated drive pulley along with the timing belt isn't it..

• 5 weeks later...

In case if you are interested in keeping the infotainment system screen off without the clock and wallpaper, it could be achieved by setting the wallpaper to blank and turning off the clock. the display goes completely off and turns on when required. Hope I'm not doing something not good for the car system.

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, C_J said:

Even after going through this thread, I'm still confused about the fuel consumption of 1000cc.

Sorry if this is a repeated question.

What can I expect on a Techpack 2019 with milage;

38,000 km- 

71,000 km-

@matroska@Dee Jay @RWD

Mine is about 40000kms and does around 9 city and upwards of 12 long distance 

1 hour ago, RWD said:

@C_J What @RWD has mentioned about city fuel consumption is true and then again it depends on the area you would be driving the car and the level of traffic at that time.

The 1000cc turbo is a car that can give you good fuel consumption depending on the way you drive and the traffic congestion around. If driven carefully at a time of low traffic it can give you an economy of about 12kmpl as well. In long distance driving (where the car feels at home) it would give you more than 15kmpl+ and highways with cruise control is where this 1000cc turbo shines with figures north of 20kmpl with cruise control..

Do keep in mind that this car requires 95 octane..

5 hours ago, RWD said:

3 hours ago, Dee Jay said:

@C_J What @RWD has mentioned about city fuel consumption is true and then again it depends on the area you would be driving the car and the level of traffic at that time.

The 1000cc turbo is a car that can give you good fuel consumption depending on the way you drive and the traffic congestion around. If driven carefully at a time of low traffic it can give you an economy of about 12kmpl as well. In long distance driving (where the car feels at home) it would give you more than 15kmpl+ and highways with cruise control is where this 1000cc turbo shines with figures north of 20kmpl with cruise control..

Thanks for the update. Going through the thread collecting all info regarding fuel consumption 😁 

I'm going through this thread and listing out posts related to Fuel Consumption. Hope it helps someone else also. 

On 3/24/2018 at 7:07 PM, Insedious said:

The morning drive from Pannipitiya to Colombo 3 via Colombo 7 starting at 6.30 am averages around 8.5 liters per 100km and the afternoon school run ( same route in reverse) hovers around 10-11 liters per 100 km... This is with ECO mode On and with engine auto stop and start.

On 3/31/2018 at 6:53 AM, tfn said:

Hey guys. I own a Civic SR. My fuel economy hovers around 10 kmpl. In highway its doing 19 kmpl (100 kmh) with eco mode on. Did a trip to Nuwara Eliya last weekend and it did 14 kmpl. I didn't notice any pickup issues at all. In Radella shortcut road (which has steep inclines), I was able to overtake with ease :D

In Colombo as previous posters, I'm getting around 8-10 kmpl. 

On 6/12/2018 at 7:37 PM, Civic las said:

Gas consumption is pretty good as in traffic it is  9-12.5(normal & eco off). I recently went to Gampaha and it was 16+ per litter with two passengers  including driver and climate control ON. Auto braking is a little headache as it push brakes unexpectedly. Apart from that nothing major. Car looks good and perform good.

On 6/14/2018 at 12:20 AM, misnad said:

Fuel consumption: Started at 12L/100km on average and is now hovering around 11L/100km with daily city driving. I've got one of the trip gauges to reset with each power off and can see my daytime commute averages around 14L/100km while the night travel comes in around 8L/100km. Mind you I'm still at 900km and the engine is being broken in so I'm keeping rpm's below 4000 and I have Econ mode on along with Stop/Start. As I started using it though, I set the AC to Auto with temps around 23C and 25C (dual zone). That got me an average economy of 19L/100km, which was horrible on average. So I decided to experiment and set the blower to Low with the same temperatures and kept the AC on - I immediately found the economy figures improving to around 12L/100km and stabilized at 11L/100km on average now.

On 6/14/2018 at 2:55 PM, Hungry_Minder said:

I am using my Civic 2018 1.0L for about 2 months now.Regarding fuel consumption, it does 11-13km in city.Everyday I am driving through hell of traffic.I didnt have time to do a long ride yet.

On 8/2/2018 at 10:51 PM, Civic las said:

I have been using my 2018 SR for 3 months. Fuel consumption was decent for example colombo kandy uphill was 13.5kml, and way back 14.5kml. Colombo gampaha without traffic 16+. The entire ride was done with normal mode i.e eco off. in traffic 9-10 is max

On 8/10/2018 at 1:41 PM, NemesisArc said:

Im Having same alike consumptions on city and 19Kmpl on highway with Eco + ACC turned on. I don't seem to have a noticeable difference in city with Eco mode so i drive Eco + Auto Start/Stop turned off.

On 8/15/2018 at 5:26 PM, Insedious said:

Thought I'd post an update as the car passed the 1000 km mark.

• Consumption is around 12km/l (Not that I care but this seems to be the first question I get where ever I go). This is with Eco on, auto engine stop on and the car was only used in the city during morning rush hour, after school rush hour and evening rush hour
On 8/19/2018 at 8:08 PM, misnad said:

via the Expressway. I got up to 18kmpl in economy and this was with Econ switched off. Oh and I did use the paddle shifters for some spirited driving and boy, I wasn’t disappointed; the 3 cylinder does keep up quite well.

On 1/4/2019 at 11:34 AM, RWD said:

Mine too moves around in the 13-14l/100 range. The EXT is loaded to the hilt and is probably heavier than the SR versions so I don't think you can expect better fuel consumption in colombo traffic. 

On 7/31/2023 at 6:28 AM, RWD said:

On 7/31/2023 at 8:34 AM, Dee Jay said:

Observing the above comments, I guess we can come to a conclusion like the following.

In Traffic: 10-14kmpl

Outstation: 15-20kmpl

Edited by C_J
Typo

I saw this question on fuel consumption a few days ago, since it was on 1000CC I didn't bother to respond as mine is a 1.5L. However, I keep records of Odometer and fuel costs using an app called "my cars". I have done 22,080km & 55 refuels since purchase and 95% of the time pumped 95OCT.

Fuel stats are as follows, 

best - 6.37L/100km (15.7kmpl)

worst - 13.36L/100km (7.49kmpl) (full week in Colombo traffic running between Lady ridgeway hospital and home)

Average - 9.11L/100km (10.98kmpl)

My average run per month is 1,148km with AC on. Hope this helps

• Like 1

It seems like Civic 2016 also had AC Condensor issues similar to 2018 Civics, as some of you guys mentioned here. 

Scotty Kilmer talks about it in the following video.

image.thumb.png.27f38d1c71ed0031b9fa3c0163535811.png

Another thing he mentioned is that Soye-based coating for wires, which attracts Rats 🤪

image.thumb.png.84bca281d1f676954406a96fecdaf5e1.png

Edited by C_J
Deleted duplicated image

17 hours ago, C_J said:

I'm going through this thread and listing out posts related to Fuel Consumption. Hope it helps someone else also. 

Observing above comments, I guess we can come to a conclution like the following.

You’re going to get disappointed big time if you expect the 1L Civic to give you these figures. Fuel economy is a subjective matter and can vary depending on the driver for the same car.

just to give you some real context, here’s ours with 0-45K throughout our ownership of over 3.5 years.

IMG_6287.jpeg

IMG_6288.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GWX777 said:

You’re going to get disappointed big time if you expect the 1L Civic to give you these figures. Fuel economy is a subjective matter and can vary depending on the driver for the same car.

just to give you some real context, here’s ours with 0-45K throughout our ownership of over 3.5 years.

IMG_6287.jpeg

IMG_6288.jpeg

Thanks for sharing this, it's very interesting to see data like this.
As this is for a brand-new car, we have to take into consideration the Break-in Period as well right?
Within which we might not get the best fuel efficiency. We might have to take away that period when calculating the AVG.

It's interesting to see better fuel efficiency during the first period (marked A). Do you know how many km within that period? Do you know the usual speed you drove during that period? I wonder if that contributed to better fuel consumption during that period.

Also the last bar (B), any special reason for that?

image.thumb.png.1fb597d41b43c5ed77ef3e6e0a590b1b.png

22 hours ago, C_J said:

Observing the above comments, I guess we can come to a conclusion like the following.

This sounds about right. Varies a lot on driving style, area and the levels of traffic etc.

This is the best I got almost 24 KMPL this was on the southern expressway. 

May be an image of text

and this is a mix of city + outstation 

No photo description available.

But these are under generally favorable circumstances. I do most of my city/suburban driving on Negombo road and admittedly it's one of the lesser congested roads around colombo. Long distance drives are usually via Kandy Road and Central expressway. 

In my total ownership - bought at zero mileage in 2018 I have done 36,000 Km. Total average fuel consumption is 8.1/100 which translates to around 12.5kmpl and given that I do my majority of driving in the city it adds up. 

4 hours ago, C_J said:

had AC Condensor issues

Yes - I had this issue. As per the technicians the issue was common in the UK imported Civics - that have R1234yf pre-filled. The agent imported 1.5 Civic comes with a larger condenser with R134a and did not have any issues.  Now I'm no expert on the subject but as I understood the R1234yf has lower volumetric cooling capacity (i.e the a/c system has to huff and puff to keep the car cool in high tropical temperatures) leading to premature wear on the components - and in this case the condenser. Got the condenser replaced. To make this fix sustainable what we did was to use a R134a compliant condenser (FK4 comes with this)  along with compatible connectors and used R134a gas. It's been 2 years without any issues. 

4 hours ago, C_J said:

Soye-based coating for wires, which attracts Rats 

there are three possible openings for rats to enter - and mesh can be used to prevent them entering . Most Honda mechs know of this and is a simple job if not already done. 

Edited by matroska

2 hours ago, matroska said:

This is the best I got almost 24 KMPL this was on the southern expressway. 

I guess I have to update the range in this case, this is the best I came across so far.

Outstation: 15-24kmpl

On 8/3/2023 at 9:57 PM, C_J said:

I guess I have to update the range in this case, this is the best I came across so far.

Outstation: 15-24kmpl

Isn't a non-hybrid mid-sized car achieving 24kmpl something unbelievable? 

4 hours ago, tinyman said:

I thought of the same, I guess it’s totally depends on the driving style. 

I saw on a Scotty Kilmer video where he was talking about someone who achieved remarkable fuel efficiency by driving at 60 on a highway.

10 hours ago, tinyman said:

6 hours ago, Charith Rupage said:

I thought of the same, I guess it’s totally depends on the driving style. 

It's achievable since Honda themselves have advertised it in the UK 1000cc FK6 brochure that the their 3 cylinder FK6 is capable of a combined mpg of 56.5 for the CVT EX and the SR grades (see below screenshot) which are the most common FK6 models available in Sri Lanka. 

So, it all boils down to your driving style mostly and the condition of the car as well as the routes taken and the traffic level would definitely play a part.

If you understand the car it is possible to achieve that and there are many owners who have driven according to the strengths of the car and achieved the stated consumption levels. However, there's no guarantee that every owner would be able to achieve these figures.

image.thumb.png.b494fdbb3323b212d97ef774390e575e.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dee Jay said:

It's achievable since Honda themselves have advertised it in the UK 1000cc FK6 brochure that the their 3 cylinder FK6 is capable of a combined mpg of 56.5 for the CVT EX and the SR grades (see below screenshot) which are the most common FK6 models available in Sri Lanka. 

So, it all boils down to your driving style mostly and the condition of the car as well as the routes taken and the traffic level would definitely play a part.

If you understand the car it is possible to achieve that and there are many owners who have driven according to the strengths of the car and achieved the stated consumption levels. However, there's no guarantee that every owner would be able to achieve these figures.

image.thumb.png.b494fdbb3323b212d97ef774390e575e.png

These look the same image.thumb.png.256b23cb8e6c665556211c19361fbe59.png

Wondering which one is the so-called Tech Pack, is it mentioned here?

50 minutes ago, C_J said:

which one is the so-called Tech Pack, is it mentioned here?

The technology pack is not a grade but a few add-ons offered on the EX trim.. so it is not included as a specific trim level.

image.thumb.png.f105686b506386b9fbbc55086ee5ff3f.png

What you see the same is the engine specs of the FK6 and FK7 trim levels respectively. Even though the engine specs are the same the options are different in the cars depending on the trim level. The fully loaded EX grade of the FK6 is the heaviest out of the FK6 trim levels hence the highest consumption and slowest to 62mph..  

Edited by Dee Jay
Added EX grade screenshot
  • Like 1