• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Online revenue license not recieved by post yet

Sajidali

Hi

Need your help

Now it has been more than a month from the day i renewed my reveniue license online. but i still havent recieved the origional copy, is there anyway i could check on what has happened and how i could collect it?

let me know

Thanks

I had a similar issue and I send them a email with the details I got from them. after that they have posted me the license within few days. You better contact by email and see.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, Quiet said:

Call 1919

Thank you, I already did and they just gave the phone number for the WP RMV office (0112-436415). Unfortunately that phone line (0112-436415) was busy all day. I will give it another go tomorrow.

Edited by herap

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello, I bought a new car and I wanted to transfer it to me. I have all the documents but the revenue license was about to expire. Since it requires to have a validity of at least 6 more months to renew license, I renewed the license via the online portal as the previous owner looked trustworthy. He told that he will send me the revenue license once he received it. 

Now my temporary revenue license is about to expire, but the previous owner is still not sending the original one. He once told that he has received it, but after that he didn't answer his phone. He is from North central province. 

Please suggest me any counter measures I can take regarding this. Thank you.

1.Most Lankans are not honest.

2. Go to the District Secretariat and tell them the story. Might be able to get another copy. 

I had an old car with no license for 5 years. The previous license was also missing. But the lady at the desk did not care. Paid and got it updated.

I think all island licenses are done at every “kachcheri”

this is a bit tricky - you can claim you have lost the license and re-apply (Happened to me once after I misplaced the revenue license) you'll have to pay a smallish fine. But they request for your ID.(in my case was not a problem as I was the registered owner) Do you have at least a copy of the seller's ID? This seems the best option if not a trip to NCP (I hope you remember from where you bought the car ) 

The online revenue license service used to be good a few years back but then it became messy and inconsistent. I never do this now. Any Divisional secretariat office in the corresponding province will issue - it's a relatively pain free activity. 

On 11/27/2023 at 6:51 AM, Malintha Alahakoon said:

Hello, I bought a new car and I wanted to transfer it to me. I have all the documents but the revenue license was about to expire. Since it requires to have a validity of at least 6 more months to renew license, I renewed the license via the online portal as the previous owner looked trustworthy. He told that he will send me the revenue license once he received it. 

Now my temporary revenue license is about to expire, but the previous owner is still not sending the original one. He once told that he has received it, but after that he didn't answer his phone. He is from North central province. 

Please suggest me any counter measures I can take regarding this. Thank you.

Its too late now, you should have asked the owner to renew it or you should have renewed it before hand.