• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota vitz 2008 1.0 or Kia picanto 2016 full option

jalebi

Question

Dear Friends, 

I am new to this forum and new to buying a car as well. So please help with your extensive knowledge about cars for my selection.

budget: 2.5 - 2.6 million

I will be getting a lease after paying 30% down payment.

I have checked some car sales, AL ads and ###### ads. Having gone through these ads, I have a small understanding that toyota vitz 1.0L 2007/2008 and kia picanto 2016 full option fall in that range. 

1. Can you please help me decide which is better?

2. Can you please recommend a good, fuel efficient kei car that I can buy for my budget? 

3. Is Toyota Passo 2004 a good car to buy for 2.1 million rupees or is the price too much?

Many Thanks and God Bless you!!!

Kind Regards 

Kushi...

On 1/9/2019 at 5:22 PM, Hyaenidae said:

It all depends on the owner methinks :) There might be a 2008 Vitz that is being treated like Priyanka Chopra out there, if OP could find such an example it could be in even better condition than a 2016 Picanto. 

For some reason, users of mainstream Toyota cars (Corolla, Premio/Allion, Vitz, Passo etc etc...) who treat their cars with such enthusiasm are next to non-existent in Sri Lanka. 

Exactly...!

6 hours ago, KIA_PICANTO said:

Dude, Even I'd love to have a Japanese make loaded with great stuff. There's no argument with it. But in Sri Lankan context its different. I wonder what you get spending 3.0 Mn or even higher for 660 cc new craps behind which so much of crowd run these days. on another hand, having quite a resale value in "SRI LANKA" means one can do anything to the vehicle (bad use, mileage adjustment etc. ) and easily sell it to you. specially to a vehicle like vitz 2008 1.0 or 1.3, can you guess how long and how much it had gone under what type of changes. This doesn't apply for good stuff from Japan. The problem is getting value for money you spend for japanese one in sri lanka. There may be so many other better options if you are really interested.

So your argument as to why the Japanese cars in this range are “crap” is due to lots of people using it and it is a 660CC engine ?  Vehicles like the Wagon R is VFM for a lot of people considering its price and the amount of space you get inside , things like above average fuel economy contribute too. Just because you buy a car you like doesn’t mean everything else in that price range is crap :) 

Edit : A Vitz may not be VFM but although it’s old , refinement is there, more space , decent economy , comfortable for a Japanese Hatch and whether you like it or not excellent resale value. 

What is better depends on the person , just because a Samsung phone is economical it doesn’t stop a apple buyer spending a lot of money for a older device.

Edited by TheFlyingFox