• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Do dreams come true? = YES (Bought a lancer ex)

K.o.N.o.S

9 hours ago, Dee Jay said:

@K.o.N.o.S she's a beauty :D  Did you think about the headlight (Audi like with the DRL) and tail light conversions?? That would enhance the look of the car further I guess ;) 

Thanks for the compliment. Yes I have seen couple of Exs with those headlight and taillight conversions, Looks dapper. But for the moment I am happy with my HID projector headlamps.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Davy said:

Good job mate. Car looks great! 

Is the 10K quote for plasti dipping the rims including the plasti-dip or just labour? If it's just labour, don't. You can DIY quite easily. Check the threads below:

@Davy, Thanks. They quoted 10k for both plasti dipping and the labour. I actually went through your DIY thread on plasti dipping the wheels before and that was one of the reasons I wanted to do a DIY at home.

7 hours ago, trinity said:

Glad you got it done on time. My place also took an entire day to do the job. I stayed there from beginning to end, and the sight of butchered interior was actually frightening. The only thing the ran through my mind was "how the hell does this guy gonna put this all back in to where they were in the first place". But gladly everything was done to a perfection. 

Here are two photos for you all to get an idea of what we are talking about.

thumbnail_IMG_9719.jpg

Yeah talk about it mate. It was just frightening to see. Unfortunately I could not be there all the time while they were doing the repair.Luckily the AC shop is within walking distance from my office and I was able to go there frequently and inspect what they were doing.

Edited by K.o.N.o.S

6 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

I remember you asking about a dashcam, did you get one?

I was actually looking for a dashcam for the Demio before. I gave it away with the car.

6 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

Do you dismount it when parking under the hot sun like this? 

Naa I always forget. This is one of those situations where I had to park under the sun for a couple of hours ( I could not catch that specific sweet spot at our office car park which I always manage to do). I bring her to Colombo occasionally and keep her parked at my office until friday because I do not have parking space at the place where I am staying. Fyi she has dashcams in front and back.

Edited by K.o.N.o.S
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

So I received it. The infamous ABS sensor issue on  my car. I had a long road trip to Trincomalee. I was enjoying the dead straight carpet road and to my horror "ABS service required" message popped up along with the ABS light. switched Off the engine,went for another few kilometers before popping up the message again. I did a scan as soon as I came back from the trip and found out that my front right ABS sensor has been busted. I did remove and clean all the sensors and the issue still persists. No option but to replace the sensor. My question is should I replace this at the agent or should I roam around panchi or wijerama, find a recon sensor and replace ( which is not advisable I presume). I know that the ABS sensor will cost more at the agent. Here's what I am talking about. @Davy, @trinity, @Hyaenidae

28225154_abs2.thumb.jpg.719a10ffacf11fcccf69c3bd617d0e73.jpgabs.thumb.jpg.827cbcbd4f222ac4e116e9e49abcb091.jpg

9 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

Well the sensor is advertised on the quick site for 7.5k - they say it's brand new OEM "quality" so probably not OEM. 

How much does it cost at the agent @K.o.N.o.S?

@Hyaenidae I have inquired from Unimo Kandy and I am yet to receive the confirmation.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

@Hyaenidae Thanks for this. I guess I will have to forget the agent. they quoted 32k for the sensor..☹️

Edited by K.o.N.o.S

11 minutes ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

@Hyaenidae Thanks for this. I guess I will have to forget the agent. they quoted 32k for the sensor..☹️

Are you sure that quote was for ONE sensor and not all 4 of them? ?

Anyways, go for the OEM one if you're bringing one down. The seller has a good feedback rating too (100% for 17554 orders!) 

Wonder how long it would take for it to reach LK from UK.

Edited by Hyaenidae

5 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Are you sure that quote was for ONE sensor and not all 4 of them? ?

Anyways, go for the OEM one if you're bringing one down. The seller has a good feedback rating too. Wonder how long it would take for it to reach LK from UK

Yeap they specifically said 32k for front right sensor. anyway not surprised after going through the below thread. 

BTW I have already Pmed the seller on your link.

4 minutes ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

Yeap they specifically said 32k for front right sensor. anyway not surprised after going through the below thread. 

Wow, sensor going Kaput after just 25k kms?!

Hope Mitsu fixed whatever was wrong with the sensors after they issued the recall mentioned in the above thread

Edited by Hyaenidae
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

BTW I have already Pmed the seller on your link.

I too believe this is the best option. You will have a hard time finding these parts outside. Anyways did you contact our preferred Mitsu Parts dealer Mahinda?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, trinity said:

I too believe this is the best option. You will have a hard time finding these parts outside. Anyways did you contact our preferred Mitsu Parts dealer Mahinda?

Could you pm me the contact Num if you have.Thanks

Just seeing this. 32K for an ABS sensor is ridiculous. 

I too think eBay (or Amayama or Partsouq) would be your best bet. 

As for Mahinda, specifically ask him if he has brand new ones. He imports used parts, so the one you get might have the inherent issue. But then again, if you get the sensor for a good price, then just go for it and pray that it isn't a lemon. :) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Davy said:

As for Mahinda, specifically ask him if he has brand new ones. He imports used parts, so the one you get might have the inherent issue. But then again, if you get the sensor for a good price, then just go for it and pray that it isn't a lemon. :) 

I've checked. Partsouq, is also expensive. Around $160/-.

20 hours ago, Davy said:

I contacted Mahinda and He confirmed that he does not have parts at the moment. So I think my best bet would be Ebay.

21 hours ago, trinity said:

I've checked. Partsouq, is also expensive. Around $160/-.

Also I checked at a place in Kotte who are famous for Evo recon parts. They said OEM sensor for Evo 10 available for 25k which will suit Lancer EX. The cost of these parts are just absurd.?

4 minutes ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

Also I checked at a place in Kotte who are famous for Evo recon parts. They said OEM sensor for Evo 10 available for 25k which will suit Lancer EX. The cost of these parts are just absurd.?

Lets just get the $35 one down, I reckon it will take about 14 days max

8 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Lets just get the $35 one down, I reckon it will take about 14 days max

Yeap that's what I was thinking but this was the seller's response.  ?

Hi,
this will need 30-40 days,

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

Yeap that's what I was thinking but this was the seller's response.  ?

Hi,
this will need 30-40 days,

Call this number 0382 237 999 Auto Vision Panadura. I contacted them yesterday regarding this, and they asked me to call back in 15 minutes to check their stocks an confirm. I couldn't call them back cuz I was neck deep with work. Im in a meeting ATM. Refer my call yesterday and they will remember.

• Like 1