• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Do dreams come true? = YES (Bought a lancer ex)

K.o.N.o.S

6 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

Ugh, "cleaner of manure" is Pericles' Rank. I meant I'm not Pericles (who had a rep for kicking troublemakers off back in the day)

Your valiant effort (/s) is much appreciated but ultimately not needed because this punch-throwing business is all in your head. Like I said, nobody here wanted or instigated the "what makes a car guy?" argument but you. Nobody here dissed other car models and forum members but you. Nobody here wanted to take the thread OT but you did. You yourself admitted to doing all this and now you want us to believe you had honest noble intentions? Pfffffffffft

Those who know know...just because others kept quiet it does not mean that you are in the clear and I am in the wrong. 

So....if you wish to make valuable contributions towards appreciating a certain car...do so whilst respecting other car owners.  

1 hour ago, iRage said:

Those who know know...just because others kept quiet it does not mean that you are in the clear and I am in the wrong. 

So....if you wish to make valuable contributions towards appreciating a certain car...do so whilst respecting other car owners.  

Eh, I was always in the clear. You on the other hand was trying to have a spot of fun out of us, just like you do dissing the Premio in that Premio owners' club (which horribly went wrong and backfired something fierce this time) about the others being quiet... I just hope they enjoyed it just as much as I did! :D 

Anyway, no hard feelings. Back to the studio! discussing KONOS' Lancer!

Edited by Hyaenidae

8 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Eh, I was always in the clear. You on the other hand was trying to have a spot of fun out of us, just like you do dissing the Premio in that Premio owners' club (which horribly went wrong and backfired something fierce this time) about the others being quiet... I just hope they enjoyed it just as much as I did! :D 

Anyway, no hard feelings. Back to the studio! discussing KONOS' Lancer!

No...that was not the intent...but if that is what you want to believe sure...go for it. The intent was that if you are to appreciate a vehicle. Do so without dissing owners of other vehicles (my FB posts you quite courteously posted had nothing to do with users...it had to do with the car...and again..it wasn't a troll..it was pure facts). 

• Haha 1

• 7 months later...

Hello Guys. It's been a while since I updated my own thread. Need some Road tripping advice from my fellow Autolankans. We are planning to go Belihuloya via Nuwaraeliya- Hortanplains- Ohiya route. I am more specifically concerned about Hortan Plains-Ohiya route. Since my car being lowered and I am a bit paranoid of the thought that the Road condition might not be that good and fitting for the car. We will be taking another 2 lowered BMWs and a Honda civic. So yeah this is going to be an epic journey. Has anyone of you taken your vehicle via this route? Of course I am street-viewing and I was just wondering if you could kindly share your own experience with me.

Regards.

6 hours ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

Hello Guys. It's been a while since I updated my own thread. Need some Road tripping advice from my fellow Autolankans. We are planning to go Belihuloya via Nuwaraeliya- Hortanplains- Ohiya route. I am more specifically concerned about Hortan Plains-Ohiya route. Since my car being lowered and I am a bit paranoid of the thought that the Road condition might not be that good and fitting for the car. We will be taking another 2 lowered BMWs and a Honda civic. So yeah this is going to be an epic journey. Has anyone of you taken your vehicle via this route? Of course I am street-viewing and I was just wondering if you could kindly share your own experience with me.

Regards.

Recently went from Bogahakumbura to Hortan plains via Boralanda and Ohiya. Road from Ohiya to Hortan plains is a bit narrow but there are no pot holes along the way.I went by my CHR and didn't have issues with ground clearance either. I saw a few sedans also on the way traveling without aany issues . The road is a bit scary if you are not used to upcountry roads . There are bends, steep climbs on the way. But beautiful scenary.

IMG-20201116-WA0088.jpg

20201115_121311.jpg

IMG-20201116-WA0068.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sathyajithj99 said:

But beautiful scenary.

Absolutely yes one of my favorite drives as well. I made this trip on my Axela back in 2019. No issues with the road.

But the road towards devils staircase, from the point the road from Ohiya divides is still bad from the beginning I guess. There are few good lodging places on that road, dont think we can make on a sedan.

@K.o.N.o.S even though the roads are good there are few elbow bends closer to the Horton plains with the incline, if the cars are lowered you'll have to take extra care on those not to hit the front end.

20190114_114132.jpg

Edited by GK_007
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

Recently went from Bogahakumbura to Hortan plains via Boralanda and Ohiya. Road from Ohiya to Hortan plains is a bit narrow but there are no pot holes along the way.I went by my CHR and didn't have issues with ground clearance either. I saw a few sedans also on the way traveling without aany issues . The road is a bit scary if you are not used to upcountry roads . There are bends, steep climbs on the way. But beautiful scenary.

IMG-20201116-WA0088.jpg

20201115_121311.jpg

IMG-20201116-WA0068.jpg

Always use this Amazing road whenever im heading Nuwara eliya from Colombo. Experience is unimaginable. Usually leaving early morning from Nugegoda (4.00am) Balangoda via Galanigama Rathnapaura > Haputhale > Boralanda > Ohiya > Worlds end > Nuwara eliya. Planing to take the Devils staircase, but the road seems bit not satisfactory lately (after heavy falls) even for a proper 4WD. And i think i need Proper A/T tires before trying that route. @sathyajithj99 Yours is an AWD right?

@K.o.N.o.S as others mentioned be extra careful on steep bends. 

Edited by Ruslan
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

Regards.

Road tripping I love. Unfortunately the road from Ohiya to Kalupahana (Devil's staircase) has seen some land slides and you will not be even able to take a 4wd down that road, last time I checked only bikes can go where the road has become very narrow.

Horton Plains to Ohiya should not be that bad, you can take your car down that road without any issues.

Why not try the road from Boralanda to Idalgashinna side and come towards Belihul oya from there. As you know Idalgashinna is one of the most beautiful stations out there in the country.

Edited by Gummybr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gummybr said:

Boralanda to Idalgashinna side and come towards Belihul oya

Have never taken this road, seems to have good views too. Just looked up the g map and isn't it bit narrow. not sure if the g maps are old ? You think a sedan can tackle this road ? 

2 hours ago, GK_007 said:

Have never taken this road, seems to have good views too. Just looked up the g map and isn't it bit narrow. not sure if the g maps are old ? You think a sedan can tackle this road ? 

I dont think a Sedan can tackle that road. But for certain extent from Kalupahana side road is Asphalt paved (Carpet)

Edited by Ruslan
  • Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 10:37 AM, GK_007 said:

A bus does go on that road, so a sedan should be able to tackle that but best make sure nothing comes from the other side. I dont remember to be exact whether it was the same road I remember taking to come down from horton plains to Haldummulla junction in 2010/11, came in zero visibility (fog) behind a bus and remember overtaking the bus before coming to Haldummulla in a Corolla 110 with 5 people and baggage onboard.

On 2/23/2021 at 10:47 AM, Ruslan said:

I dont think a Sedan can tackle that road. But for certain extent from Kalupahana side road is Asphalt paved (Carpet)

This is a different road machang, not the same devil's stair case road. This according to G maps is half paved and concrete.

1 hour ago, Gummybr said:

This is a different road machang, not the same devil's stair case road. This according to G maps is half paved and concrete.

You're talking about the Road which heading (Starts near Govijana sewa Office in Haldummulla) towards Needwood Tea factory and then towards the Idalgashinna Railway station right?. Yeah, Road is well paved up to the Tea factory. but beyond that I don't think a car can handle it.

idalgashinna.JPG

idalgashinna2.JPG

Edited by Ruslan

59 minutes ago, Ruslan said:

You're talking about the Road which heading (Starts near Govijana sewa Office in Haldummulla) towards Needwood Tea factory and then towards the Idalgashinna Railway station right?. Yeah, Road is well paved up to the Tea factory. but beyond that I don't think a car can handle it.

idalgashinna.JPG

idalgashinna2.JPG

As I said I cant remember well but I think it is this road that I took that time but in dense for so can remember any waypoints. Its coming from me who took 5 people in a car to fishing huts. If you drive slowly you might be able to make it even if the road is bad. But best check with someone from that area.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Head unit Upgrade

Bumping my own thread for this upgrade.

My trusty old Bluetooth connector stopped working and wanted to replace the connector as quickly as possible. I was missing the phone connectivity in the car. Needless to say I had second thoughts. “Why don't I upgrade to an android head unit?" Before you say cheap Chinese knock off, yes "I KNOW". However it gets the job done for me. I am a total whore for music and sound quality is far more superior because of the added DSP + Equalizer functionality. After about several days of using the unit I thought to myself "why haven’t I done this before?

The Panel kit was not a perfect match and had to do some ground work to properly suck it in. Overall it was quite a nice upgrade from functionally + aesthetic standpoints. I am enjoying driving with it. Unit is 10'1 inch with all the required bells and whistles. The old kit was carefully packed using bubble wrap and put into a well-earned rest.

Cost for the unit + Labor- 43,500Rs

IMG_4900.JPG

IMG_4901.JPG

IMG_4918.jpg

IMG_4919.jpg

IMG_4920.jpg

IMG_4921.JPG

Edited by K.o.N.o.S
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

Head unit Upgrade

Bumping my own thread for this upgrade.

My trusty old Bluetooth connector stopped working and wanted to replace the connector as quickly as possible. I was missing the phone connectivity in the car. Needless to say I had second thoughts. “Why don't I upgrade to an android head unit?" Before you say cheap Chinese knock off, yes "I KNOW". However it gets the job done for me. I am a total whore for music and sound quality is far more superior because of the added DSP + Equalizer functionality. After about several days of using the unit I thought to myself "why haven’t I done this before?

The Panel kit was not a perfect match and had to do some ground work to properly suck it in. Overall it was quite a nice upgrade from functionally + aesthetic standpoints. I am enjoying driving with it. Unit is 10'1 inch with all the required bells and whistles. The old kit was carefully packed using bubble wrap and put into a well-earned rest.

Cost for the unit + Labor- 43,500Rs

IMG_4900.JPG

IMG_4901.JPG

IMG_4918.jpg

IMG_4919.jpg

IMG_4920.jpg

IMG_4921.JPG

Nice upgrade..!! It seems to overhaul the looks of the interior :) 

So the sound is on par with the old unit?

Even I'm thinking of doing the same for mine.. Could you please share the brand of the unit you installed if there's one?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dee Jay said:

Even I'm thinking of doing the same for mine.. Could you please share the brand of the unit you installed if there's one?

Yeah, I'm thinking of this too..  but the issue is the Audio quality is on par with major brands like Kenwood Pioneer etc? saw a Nakamichi branded one too.. (i think these were manufactured in China now). @K.o.N.o.S, is there any lag when it switches to reverse cam? (If it's equipped)

Edited by Ruslan

4 hours ago, Dee Jay said:

Thanks, I actually found the sound quality to be far better than the OEM kit I used to have. I am getting deeper bass levels and overall sound quality is pretty great. I am afraid this is a Non-brand Chinese unit.  I got 1gb RAM version because 10.1 unit was only available in 1 GB.  if you are going for it look for 2gb-4gb units for a far more smooth operation. but will be expensive.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ruslan said:

Yeah, I'm thinking of this too..  but the issue is the Audio quality is on par with major brands like Kenwood Pioneer etc? saw a Nakamichi branded one too.. (i think these were manufactured in China now). @K.o.N.o.S, is there any lag when it switches to reverse cam? (If it's equipped)

I do not encounter any lags in day to day operations. However installing apps are taking longer because of the low RAM. as soon as I switch to reverse gear it turns on the rear camera. Honestly speaking I do not think this can be compared with prominent brands like Kenwood or pioneer ( which have become Chinese anyway). I do not have anything to compared it to except the OEM unit. and OEM versus This - I am loving this because of it's features. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

Thanks, I actually found the sound quality to be far better than the OEM kit I used to have. I am getting deeper bass levels and overall sound quality is pretty great. I am afraid this is a Non-brand Chinese unit.  I got 1gb RAM version because 10.1 unit was only available in 1 GB.  if you are going for it look for 2gb-4gb units for a far more smooth operation. but will be expensive.

Ahh ok.. You have the original set of speakers that came with the car right? So 4 speakers and 2 tweeters setup is it? Your set has this DSP thing right? Does it change the sound quality when adjusted? Is the FM reception on par with your old unit? And how about the reverse camera guidelines? Are they accurate as the original unit? Could you please update a photo of that too?

Oops I saw several advertisements for 10.1 units with 2GB RAM though so was thinking of those.. But the thing is the panel that they have for the Civic FD is bit larger than what you have installed yours seems to be well integrated and flows with the design (as in an old CRT monitor/ TV type look is there :()

I currently have the original navigation setup that came with the car (made by Mitsubishi electronics ;)) and I have no complaints regarding its sound quality.

3 hours ago, Ruslan said:

Yes, even I had a look at the Nakamichi sets and other Chinese android units as well though I couldn't find much information online about the other units..

58 minutes ago, Dee Jay said:

Ahh ok.. You have the original set of speakers that came with the car right? So 4 speakers and 2 tweeters setup is it? Your set has this DSP thing right? Does it change the sound quality when adjusted? Is the FM reception on par with your old unit? And how about the reverse camera guidelines? Are they accurate as the original unit? Could you please update a photo of that too?

Yes correct, I think DSP gives a much more realistic sound when adjusted. when OEM unit was there I could not crank up the volume much without vibrating the windows. Now I could actually hear deeper bass levels and different smooth sound quality with less vibration. I used apple music "lossless" songs for testing. FM reception is more or less the same with the old unit. I will share a pic of the reverse guideline.

58 minutes ago, Dee Jay said:

Oops I saw several advertisements for 10.1 units with 2GB RAM though so was thinking of those.. But the thing is the panel that they have for the Civic FD is bit larger than what you have installed yours seems to be well integrated and flows with the design (as in an old CRT monitor/ TV type look is there :()

Yes, Originally I was looking at this.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32886068883.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.1fb23c00PMlS5O&mp=1

This would have been even better with 4GB RAM+ 64 GB however the cost turned me off a bit, (around 75k).

Even though the installed Panel kit was designed for Lancer ex we had to do some work to properly fit it in. On two occasions we had to remove and install again. and one Air vent was giving a big headache as it would not suck in to the panel. So this became a 3 hour operation and finally was able to integrate to the way I want it to be.

Edited by K.o.N.o.S
  • Like 1