• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

DFSK 580

WhiteDiavel

On 11/27/2020 at 4:31 PM, Hyaenidae said:

Well many said this is a great "SUV" when these had the defective VT3 gearbox too..

I got a chance to test drive the new version with the CVT5 gearbox at the Unit#d Mot#rs Ratmalana and it was superb.  Both me and my wife drived and it felt really great for the price. The interior of the lux version was really good and it was the same thing that they export to Europe.  

Edited by Junkfriend

On 11/24/2020 at 8:51 PM, Kavvz said:

Well, it finally got a bit interesting: @Junkfriend is about to switch from a LandRover Discovery / 400hp SUV to a DFSK 580 no...

Dude I'm not going to to switch my Autobiography to a 580 🙄 As you know its 4 seater and I have sold my disco and our family was missing a 7 seater. With the imports ban with all SUV prices going up I think the 580 is a great investment for the time being. Im planning to use it as a 3rd car mainly for long distance travel and sell it once they are about to lift the import ban.

2 hours ago, Junkfriend said:

I got a chance to test drive the new version with the CVT5 gearbox at the Unit#d Mot#rs Ratmalana and it was superb.  Both me and my wife drived and it felt really great for the price. The interior of the lux version was really good and it was the same thing that they export to Europe.  

If a test drive revealed the faulty nature of the VT3 nobody would've bought it no... :) 

3 hours ago, Junkfriend said:

Dude I'm not going to to switch my Autobiography to a 580 🙄 As you know its 4 seater and I have sold my disco and our family was missing a 7 seater. With the imports ban with all SUV prices going up I think the 580 is a great investment for the time being. Im planning to use it as a 3rd car mainly for long distance travel and sell it once they are about to lift the import ban.

Oh it was a 4 seater autobiography, with the rear captain chairs? And not a Discovery? Oh, okay then, my bad...I thought it was a Discovery4, silly me!

Edit: Oh no, how slow of me, you sold the Discovery4 and you're keeping the RR autobiography and you're getting the 580 to replace the Discovery4. Right. Got it all squared up now! My bad. The sheer number of RR's and Disco's and 580's and 2nd & 3rd cars was making my head spin all kinds of crazy you see...

Edited by Kavvz

On 9/18/2020 at 12:34 AM, Junkfriend said:

recently I sold a Range Rover LWB and 2 weeks after its for sale 12 million higher than the price we sold ?. Then again once a car is sold new owner can do what ever he wants with including selling it for a higher price. Whats wrong with that? 

Hold-up, hold-up. Wait, so you sold a Autobiography LWB and a Discovery4 recently? So is the DFSK 580 going to replace the Discovery4 or the first RR Autobiography you sold? Geez, man this is confusing...

Edited by Kavvz

58 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

If a test drive revealed the faulty nature of the VT3 nobody would've bought it no... :) 

Actually I have placed the order few months back after test driving the faulty CVT3 and it was a still good choice as it was a great SUV for the price.  Btw from the comments that you make it shows that you dont have know much about this car or any 1st hand experience with it. What made you hate this car so much? 

5 minutes ago, Junkfriend said:

Actually I have placed the order few months back after test driving the faulty CVT3 and it was a still good choice as it was a great SUV for the price.  Btw from the comments that you make it shows that you dont have know much about this car or any 1st hand experience with it. What made you hate this car so much? 

Hate a car? I would never! :D before you ask, I don't hate you for buying one either - I love people who make guinea pigs out of themselves.

I don't have to hate a car to state facts about it though. You repeating "It's a great SUV for the price, I know because I test drove it" doesn't change the facts discussed throughout this thread. Facts that has been shared by human guinea pigs like yourself (well, they weren't doing it out of the good of their hearts, they were just too gullible - and they didn't share their woes so others could benefit, they were just raging at the agent but that's beside the point)

10 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

Hold-up, hold-up. Wait, so you sold a Autobiography LWB and a Discovery4 recently? So is the DFSK 580 going to replace the Discovery4 or the first RR Autobiography you sold? Geez, man this is confusing...

no machang I sold the disco bought a CLA for my wife now I have the CLA and the A/B. I used the disco for almost 10 years and it was like my day to day car. It was a very basic model with without leather seats etc I was able to do basically anything on that (including off roading) without being much worried about car getting messed up. But that changed with the A/B and the CLA they were too luxury to do all the things I did with the disco I also had to keep an eye on the milage, so this is where the 580 fits in 🙂 . I'm mainly planning to use the 580 long distance travel with the family and may be little softcore off roading.

5 hours ago, Junkfriend said:

no machang I sold the disco bought a CLA for my wife now I have the CLA and the A/B. I used the disco for almost 10 years and it was like my day to day car. It was a very basic model with without leather seats etc I was able to do basically anything on that (including off roading) without being much worried about car getting messed up. But that changed with the A/B and the CLA they were too luxury to do all the things I did with the disco I also had to keep an eye on the milage, so this is where the 580 fits in 🙂 . I'm mainly planning to use the 580 long distance travel with the family and may be little softcore off roading.

Makes absolute sense now...But then you sold another Autobiography LWB recently (back in Sept) I think?

(Remember, when the price gouging was happening etc, and you said the buyer bought your SUV and then marked up the price by 1.2 million or something higher etc?)

Edited by Kavvz

5 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Makes absolute sense now...But then you sold another Autobiography LWB recently (back in Sept) I think?

(Remember, when the price gouging was happening etc, and you said the buyer bought your SUV and then marked up the price by 1.2 million or something higher etc?)

yhh that one I sold for around 50 mil and the buyer sold for around 58 within few weeks 🙂

btw do you know me or smthing?? 😇

On 9/18/2020 at 12:34 AM, Junkfriend said:

recently I sold a Range Rover LWB and 2 weeks after its for sale 12 million higher than the price we sold ?. Then again once a car is sold new owner can do what ever he wants with including selling it for a higher price. Whats wrong with that? 

14 hours ago, Junkfriend said:

yhh that one I sold for around 50 mil and the buyer sold for around 58 within few weeks 🙂

btw do you know me or smthing?? 😇

Oh gosh no! Only from the above posts as listed....

So to sum up: You sold a Disco4 (that you used for 10 yrs or so pretty much a 2009/10 Disco4) recently, a Autobiography LWB in September for 50 million and currently have a Autobiography LWB, as well as a CLA for your wife's use. Whew! That's a lot of hardware for one family! 

And even with all that seat time in Mercedes Benz cars, RangeRover's top-of-the-line model+ the odd LandRover Discovery4 etc, you decided to buy the DSFK 580 for "long distance travel with the family and may be little softcore off roading" ?  Wow...Well good luck with the fleet!

And do keep us updated on how 'the long distance travel' and the off-roading action goes with the DSFK 580...Hopefully we stay out of lock-down and you get lots of opportunity for some long trips outstation....

When is the DSKF 580 getting delivered to you btw? 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Kavvz said:

So to sum up: You sold a Disco4 (that you used for 10 yrs or so pretty much a 2009/10 Disco4) recently, a Autobiography LWB and currently have a Autobiography LWB, as well as a CLA for your wife's use. Whew! That's a lot of hardware for one family! 

That sums it up except that the one I have is a SWB, btw if you dont know me I guess you have spent so much time backtracking my posts? dont tell me you did that all the way up to 2006 lolz 😁

And even with all that seat time in Mercedes Benz cars, RangeRover's top-of-the-line model+ the odd LandRover Discovery4 etc, you decided to buy the DSFK 580 for "long distance travel with the family and may be little softcore off roading" ?  Wow...Well good luck with the fleet!

Yep! do you find it awkward ? haha..... btw when I say off road it should be more like cross country unless if I change the tyres, these things come with 100% road tires probably chineses ones.

And do keep us updated on how 'the long distance travel' and the off-roading action goes with the DSFK 580...Hopefully we stay out of lock-down and you get lots of opportunity for some long trips outstation....

I should be getting it in few days 

Edited by Junkfriend

4 hours ago, Kavvz said:

So to sum up: You sold a Disco4 (that you used for 10 yrs or so pretty much a 2009/10 Disco4) recently, a Autobiography LWB in September for 50 million and currently have a Autobiography LWB, as well as a CLA for your wife's use. Whew! That's a lot of hardware for one family! 

Offroading in a 2WD crossover? 😂😂🤦🏽‍♂️

5 hours ago, Kavvz said:

So basically, he has traded a Dico 3 with a DFSK DSKF 580. What a choice!! 

Edited by peugeot407

1 hour ago, peugeot407 said:

So basically, he has traded a Dico 3 with a DFSK DSKF 580. What a choice!! 

Disco4 for a DFSK 580 no? 

I'd have just kept the Discovery4,  but then again I don't have one in the first place....And to each his own, and it does seems @Junkfriend primary (close to 100% rather by the looks of things) is going to run this on the road otherwise why would you buy the 580? Judging by the comments above it seems rather delicate to put it lightly...

Edited by Kavvz

5 hours ago, fiat fan said:

Anyone else smell that snake?

No?

I’ll show myself out!

Ado, not nice and all, calling me a snake no... :D Just because I crossed you off my Christmas list? Vicious bugger you are. Are you SURE you don't drive a BMW? 

2 hours ago, Junkfriend said:

That sums it up except that the one I have is a SWB, btw if you dont know me I guess you have spent so much time backtracking my posts? dont tell me you did that all the way up to 2006 lolz 😁

Nopes, just the ones on the whole Disco4 (sold) then Autobiography LWB x 2, (now one Autobiography LWD and one Autobigography SWD)+ Mercedes CLA and soon to be + DFSK 580 stuff....

Why? Dunno, other than: I guess its fascinating that someone with so much major hardware; like serious car buff stuff (even the CLA, no really, its dead cool too, despite the FF layout) would buy a DFSK 580. My head spins at the thought and I truly look forward to you regaling us with your experiences in the DFSK580: Really I do.

I mean you yourself drove it and said it was a 'pig', so there's that and that's without factoring in the the yet unproven 'new' or 'newly sourced' transmission.

I feel this is going to be a fascinating journey for us all. Please do keep us posted on how it all turns out! 

5 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

I'd have just kept the Discovery4,  but then again I don't have one in the first place....And to each his own, and it does seems @Junkfriend primary (close to 100% rather by the looks of things) is going to run this on the road otherwise why would you buy the 580? Judging by the comments above it seems rather delicate to put it lightly...

As much as I love my disco it got extramly expensive to maintain once it reach 100,000km plus I have my rover if I need to offroad. 

16 minutes ago, Junkfriend said:

As much as I love my disco it got extramly expensive to maintain once it reach 100,000km plus I have my rover if I need to offroad. 

The Rover? You mean the Range Rover Autobiography SWB? Off-Roading? Do it often? No way? Dude that's like Instagram-able stuff man. You gotta share your insta with us. I'll put a follow...

Edited by Kavvz

14 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Ado, not nice and all, calling me a snake no... :D Just because I crossed you off my Christmas list? Vicious bugger you are. Are you SURE you don't drive a BMW? 

No no! I wasn’t targeting you. We have a big dirty garandiya among us(pun intended).

edit. I sometimes think I should have bought the X1 instead of the Q3 😅

Edited by fiat fan
Added

21 hours ago, peugeot407 said:

Could you please let us know what are the problems you encountered with your Disco after reaching 100K millage?

I had to replace front suspension around 75K and had a crack in the engine head around  around 100K and gearbox failed at 110K the agents quoted around 2.2 mil to replace it. This is when I finally gave up on it since it was simply too expensive to maintain.  

Even though it had so many repairs after 75K it never broke down in the middle of the road or anything like that. It was a tough capable car which never let me down for almost 10 years.

Edited by Junkfriend