• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Top Gear/fifth Gear/jeremy Clarkson Videos!

Pasan_Robotics

Exactly my thought! The previous season left me very underwhelmed and I didn't even bother with the current season. Everything is too obviously (and poorly) written with the hosts tucked into their own image boxes with JC being the d*ck. The show still has very cool segments but it's nothing close to what it used to be. Nevertheless, it won't be TopGear without JC so even if the show limps on with a replacement, it will just end up dying a slower death. Maybe it's for the best of the show ended on a high note.

This season is actually quite a bit better than the last one with quite a few glimpses of the old TG magic. Give it a go...

Yeah the episodes have become more and more ridiculous, and less and less about cars. I missed last weekends episode but was rather underwhelmed by the previous one where they spent half the show climbing up the rockys in slow motion. Some bits were funny yes, but I wonder if they moved a bit back from being completely absurd and rather be clever, it will still make for an entertaining car show (vs the utterly boring fifth gear) with a litle bit more info on the cars themselves.

The sad thing here is I'm not sure if they can do Top Gear without Clerkson. I think he owns some of the rights to the brand.

Speaking of possible replacement for JC.The boys at Car Throttle are quite good,Especially the one portraying 'the car guy'.He does proper car reviews aswell.

Yeah these guys have been putting out good content and have a sizable following already. Alex did a piece comparing the R34 and the R35 and was really cool to watch.

I also like "Roadkill" who do some crazy stuff with old beaters and are genuinely fun to watch.

This season is actually quite a bit better than the last one with quite a few glimpses of the old TG magic. Give it a go...

Yeah I will end up watching the whole thing anyway....at least to complain about it. It isTopGear end of the day :D

I thought this season was a sort of a revival after a couple of 'meh' seasons.That is reflected in ratings. In that context you really would want TG to maintain status quo and not make any stupid changes for the sake of making changes ... but I'll be surprised if BBC has not thought about the continuity of the TG beyond the trio - Andy Wilman himself relinquished the show to JC - eventually they will have to do a transition but that should not be artificial.

I'm not the one to comment on JC's temperament but in an overly PC and sterile world, that man can be a breath of fresh air sometimes. So as dreamracer said, BBC mus BBC!! And let us enjoy the battle between The Ferrari The Ferrari and P1 (ok, with 918 as an also ran :) )

I don't know men...

There was one half way decent episode which was car centric with none/less of the silly unwarranted horseplay

May have been Episode 4...

Even that though, the Land Rover "tribute" was weak - just more drama

Hammond's first attempt many years ago was much better IMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayo9E0IHzDE

Jeremy had it coming. As a mature man, if he cannot control himself, well too bad. Top gear has always been about the three hosts as well (my personal favourite being Hammond), but we can't really say if the show will be better or worse without Jeremy. As Watchman said, people will always resist change. What we don't realize is that it just might be for the better.

As for the deteriorating quality of the show, that I believe is separate and that the producers should be (partially) responsible. It actually looks like they're doing good with the "specials" but not the series.

Jeremy had it coming. As a mature man, if he cannot control himself, well too bad. Top gear has always been about the three hosts as well (my personal favourite being Hammond), but we can't really say if the show will be better or worse without Jeremy. As Watchman said, people will always resist change. What we don't realize is that it just might be for the better.

As for the deteriorating quality of the show, that I believe is separate and that the producers should be (partially) responsible. It actually looks like they're doing good with the "specials" but not the series.

Agreed. Some of the jokes he's been making are in bad taste and if you read between the lines, he's actually acting like a dick even during the show. There's way better ways to make fun while being effective as car shows. Mighty Car Mods, Roadkill and Car Throttle (Hat tip to Hoonigan and MD), Tom from Tom's Turbo Garage, they all do a stellar job despite not having a massive budget like TG.

I do like the specials. It's indeed special where they go and what they do with their cars in the specials. But TG as a series is becoming a bit of a let down.

Agreed. Some of the jokes he's been making are in bad taste and if you read between the lines, he's actually acting like a dick even during the show. There's way better ways to make fun while being effective as car shows. Mighty Car Mods, Roadkill and Car Throttle (Hat tip to Hoonigan and MD), Tom from Tom's Turbo Garage, they all do a stellar job despite not having a massive budget like TG.

I do like the specials. It's indeed special where they go and what they do with their cars in the specials. But TG as a series is becoming a bit of a let down.

+1 for Mighty Car Mods

The Aussi accent is rather irritating but they do lots of good work debunking myths and offering basic tuner options

But they should not have pulled the series. He should have been allowed to continue and complete the series (only 3 more episodes) and then suspended.

But here is the thing. They could have had somebody step in and finish it. But I wonder how the production team has reacted to this. Andy Wilman is an old friend of Clerkson. I wonder why they could not have sorted it out amongst themselves as punch ups are lets admit it not rare, and I hear some were under the influence at the time.

If the production team themselves have protected and wanted action..... then I guess they could not have continued.

I mean they could have had the Stig stand in for Clerkson and said nothing :)

But they should not have pulled the series. He should have been allowed to continue and complete the series (only 3 more episodes) and then suspended.

But here is the thing. They could have had somebody step in and finish it. But I wonder how the production team has reacted to this. Andy Wilman is an old friend of Clerkson. I wonder why they could not have sorted it out amongst themselves as punch ups are lets admit it not rare, and I hear some were under the influence at the time.

If the production team themselves have protected and wanted action..... then I guess they could not have continued.

Having Stig instead of Clarkson would have been epic.

Maybe they should take a leaf out of the SL politics and make the producer say that he fell off his chair and for Clarkson to say "I don't remember". Plenty of others to say that JC never punched. LOL

• Like 1

Maybe a little late but top gear is done? Anyone know if this is legit?

http://fullthrottle.newdaily.info/jeremy-clarkson-quits-top-gear-show-cancelled-for-good/

Saw this circulating around the Internet and it doesn't seem to be true (at least not yet).

See: http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/entertainment/news/a25278/no-jeremy-clarkson-hasnt-quit-top-gear-yet/

Edited by Davy

The plot has got thicker. A few facts emerged on Sunday.

1. The producer in question never made a formal complaint.

2. Clerkson referred himself to the Bosses in the hope the bosses will look at it favourably, and admitted to his mistake. He had hoped in doing so it would be dealt with a more even hand. But clearly things got out of hand after that.

So it seems Clerkson is not quite the pantomine villain here and so isn't the producer who is in hiding fearing for his safety as angry Top Gear fans have been bomarding him with angry messages.

This is an epic fail on the part of the BBC. They should have just called the two of them up, had a quick hearing, decided on some punishment for Clerkson and moved on, and the show could have continued at the same time. Its now been blown out of propotion and the worst affected is the poor producer whose own career is in tatters over this. Nobody is likely to hire the guy, and neither is he going to be popular within the BBC. He probably didn't want any of this, and a hand shake, a dock of pay, some compensation could have sorted it out. We all trip once in a while!

At the moment the pantomine villain is a chap called Danny Cohen, BBC's Director of TV.

This fracas is his fault.

I now say sign the petition to bring Clerkson back. This is just beaureacracy gone mad.

Top Gear makes 50 million pounds for the BBC, a publicly funder broad caster, who will now have to pay compensation to their partners who air the program (as they would have paid for the priviledge). There was no need to pull the program even if there was a need to suspend Clerkson.