• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Top Gear/fifth Gear/jeremy Clarkson Videos!

Pasan_Robotics

the new season of fith gear seems kickass....btw has chris harris has joined the show

I'm switching to Fifth Gear!

I stopped watching it when it went off air and they shortened the show some time ago - wondering why i ever did to be honest now that i realize that it's a bona fide car show as opposed to the circus for the masses that Top Gear is now

I admit the production quality on Top Gear is world class but i'd be happier to settle for less if the content is good and the true credentials of the likes of Tiff Needel & VBH make up for what the the entertainers on the Beeb have IMO.

I watch Top gear for the sole reason that there's nothing else like it. But it's overdoing it with the coincidental mistakes/bloopers,. Though it's supposed to be 'semi scripted', I think its a lot more than semi.... And I hate the "guest" part except for a few most are boring farts who are taking up time that we could have spent seeing more cars.

As for the presenters, I feel they all do better jobs individually than as a group.Take their individual car segments, those are a much better balance of entertainment and fact. And the three of them have many amazing series that are simply amazing.... Inventions that changed the world, engineering connections, toy story etc are so good i've watched them all more than once.

So maybe it's time afterall for a major revamp TopGear's template.

• Like 2

I watch Top gear for the sole reason that there's nothing else like it. But it's overdoing it with the coincidental mistakes/bloopers,. Though it's supposed to be 'semi scripted', I think its a lot more than semi.... And I hate the "guest" part except for a few most are boring farts who are taking up time that we could have spent seeing more cars.

As for the presenters, I feel they all do better jobs individually than as a group.Take their individual car segments, those are a much better balance of entertainment and fact. And the three of them have many amazing series that are simply amazing.... Inventions that changed the world, engineering connections, toy story etc are so good i've watched them all more than once.

So maybe it's time afterall for a major revamp TopGear's template.

I think I aggree. The people who do the best job here are the producers. Top Gear is just the best produced show. Look at their camera work. Some episodes are cinema worthy for effects angles shots and how the story is told.

Fifth Gear tried a similar format, but their production quality was not at the same level. I think Top Gear can probably survive Clerkson or any of the 3, as long as whoever replaces has some personality.

I actually liked Top Gear when it was Clerkson, Tiff Needell, and Quentin Wilson too. Some of my early memories :) But apparently it died a slow death in that format.

I agree with the comments above whole heartedly.If they'd just turn down the scripted "comedy bits" a bit the show would be much better.

To be honest,apart from dad,Jeremy Clarkson had the most influence on me when I was growing up to become this car crazed nut I am now.I still remember watching old Top Gear when it was shown on BBC when I was a kid(This was back when we had only three channels.Rupavahini,ITN and BBC)...He was,and still is, the king of car reviews.That BMW i8 review he did on the current series is a masterpiece.But I hate this persona he created for himself for the new format.This bumbling,racist,bigotted buffoon that is supposed to represent us petrolheads.

• Like 4

While we wait for all this to sort itself out and figure out if the BBC will have a car show on it again, may I humbly suggest a fully home grown production that is entirely about cars? Despite a production budget that is 0.0000000000001% of Fifth Gear's and 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of Top Gear's we are ALL about the car reviews and we'd like to think we've gotten okay at them.

The show is called Motorque and we shall be back in April with Season 4!

/end shameless plug

Ahh thats great news supra,when can we see the season trailer :)

Its hard to belive that BBC will say "sayonara" to millions of pounds,they will come up with some thing.But it seem s that JM and RH are refusing to come back with out JC....

Speaking of TG's production, I was quite shocked to hear (In the Argentina special) that the 'team' that go out on Top Gear Specials consists of about 60 people!!! Till then I thought it was just the 3 hosts, 3 camera men and a producer/director (with 2 support vehicles).... If it's a crew of 2 bus-loads, then the image of "3 lonely travelers driving through rural villages" is a gross understatement... (also goes to show how little I know about TV production :D)

:D

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

While we wait for all this to sort itself out and figure out if the BBC will have a car show on it again, may I humbly suggest a fully home grown production that is entirely about cars? Despite a production budget that is 0.0000000000001% of Fifth Gear's and 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of Top Gear's we are ALL about the car reviews and we'd like to think we've gotten okay at them.

The show is called Motorque and we shall be back in April with Season 4!

/end shameless plug

Shameless Supra,

Any plans to spice up the program a lil bit this time? may i suggest getting komisiripala and masterdon as co-hosts?...

Sorry about the OT

Shameless Supra,

Any plans to spice up the program a lil bit this time? may i suggest getting komisiripala and masterdon as co-hosts?...

Sorry about the OT

:D That will definitely spice things up, maybe in the same way Top Gear has been spiced up by Hammond and May who are very different characters.

Have you watched a program called dual survival on Discovery?

Pity...I was hoping the charges would prove false.I guess the beeb had no other options.There's no way you can expect to keep anyother job after physically assaulting a colleague.

The end of an era.Neither Top Gear or Jeremy himself be the same again,even if the latter ends up at another network.

I'm not gonna watch Top Gear again :sad-smiley-054:

Did you also say that you're going to stop using facebook when they changed their page layout? :rolleyes: Stop being a emo like a drama-queen.

And on a serious note, I guess you (like amny here) illegally download it? So you're generating ZERO revenue for the BBC or any re-broadcasters. So literally no-one gives a f**k if you watch Top Gear or not.

Edited by Watchman

Speaking of possible replacement for JC.The boys at Car Throttle are quite good,Especially the one portraying 'the car guy'.He does proper car reviews aswell.

yeah Car Throttle is epic!

On the topic of Clarkson I'm not a big fan of his stupid jokes and i think he should be gone. Plus TG isnt very interesting as it used to be either

The Mirror reports today, its likely Clerkson will be sacked in the next few days.

Apparently there have previously been a number of other investigations in which Clerkson was reprimanded, which were never made public which had contributed to the decision. I guess the BBC got itself caught up between a rock and a hard place. As a public service broadcaster which is run mostly using license payers money (it generates some revenue through BBC worldwide by selling the rights to its programs), it probably has no choice.....

TG is the international version of "Sirasa Auto Vision". It mostly caters to the average guy who gets a kick out of the team's silly schoolboy antics. I think the show will plummet without Clarkson around, because majority of the audience is not car enthusiasts per se.

TG is the international version of "Sirasa Auto Vision". It mostly caters to the average guy who gets a kick out of the team's silly schoolboy antics. I think the show will plummet without Clarkson around, because majority of the audience is not car enthusiasts per se.

This is interesting. I thought Clerkson and Andy Wilman owned a portion of the rights to Top Gear, but it seems it was sold back to the BBC about 3 years ago.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jeremy-clarkson-sells-top-gear-1347649

This is the thing. If you really want to know how good/bad a vehicle is you watch Fifth Gear. Top Gear is more of a Motoring related Entertaintment show. Without any of those three guys That entertaintment value is gone.

This is the thing. If you really want to know how good/bad a vehicle is you watch Fifth Gear. Top Gear is more of a Motoring related Entertaintment show. Without any of those three guys That entertaintment value is gone.

The problem with Fifth gear is it a bit of a bore sometimes but also because they don't have the gravital of Top Gear, they can't always assemble the same features and setup, like F1 drivers driving on their test track, first access to new super cars, the top gear specials which are done with massive budgets etc etc etc.

I've also gotten tired of the irrelevant blabber, but also recognise that a show needs to be commercially succesful to be able to bring the above. Fifth gear was dumped by Channel 5 over here, but picked up Discovery. To be honest don't even know when its on anymore (used to be Monday 8PM).

It is boring. even with VBH it is boring

Entertaintment wise Noting can beat Top gear With the Trio.

I Love those specials where they went to vietnam and the bolivia. Just Bucket loads of entertaintment

It is boring. even with VBH it is boring

Entertaintment wise Noting can beat Top gear With the Trio.

I Love those specials where they went to vietnam and the bolivia. Just Bucket loads of entertaintment

The problem is their production. They just aren't creative enough. Just think of even the serious car reviews done by Top Gear (the most recent one was on the i8). They are just miles better.