• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

If a Brand New car had a long delivery time after manufacturing

Dhaham

Question

Dear Friends

I opened an LC for a Peugeot 3008 through local agent in November 2019. The car has been manufactured in December 2019 (I got the VIN). Unfortunately, from 5th December, 2019, there was very long running strike in transport sector in France and due to this, the car couldn't be shipped so far. Now, France has been locked down due to corona virus and therefore, the shipment date will be further delayed. Suppose the car was manufactured in the beginning of December 2019 and shipped at the end of April 2020. Then there will be five months since production. If shipment take one month, then it will be 6 months from date of manufacturing, to landing to Sri Lanka. 

My questions is, can this long delivery period affect / damage the car? Do (reputed) manufacturers follows any special procedures when there is such long delivery period after manufacturing? (I don't know whether the car is inside the stores, in open yards or inside the container box and we can't expect this type of information from our local agent). 

Thanks in advance.

On 3/30/2020 at 7:10 PM, tiv said:

Also my profession involves the mid decade permit trend so I tend to see gullible colleagues fall prey every season, the micro season,  the vezel season, the permit premio season and now the pug season

I think current season is "Euro Season" rather than "Pug Season". But most correct name would be "Turbo Season". Former government introduced engine capacity based tax structure targeting Japanese and Korean cars. But they forgot Euro cars. As a result mid range and high end Japanese and Korean vehicles became more expensive than equivalent Euro counterparts. So, people selected "comparatively" cheaper euros (and Japanese turbos). Prado replaced with Range Rover. Rav 4 replaced with 3008 and so on. 

That's why I also had to go for 3008. Cannot find equivalent Japanese SUV for that price.