• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Jeep CJ/BJ/willys/etc

fiat fan

Question

All right guys,

Now that we are post drama, I have some Questions. (Kinda embarrassing since I work for FCA group) ?

So during quarantine I came across some "Willys jeep" in SL. Many going for good prices.

The thing is the jeeps have a looooong history before it was called the Wrangler. There seems to be short wheel base/long wheel base. Among a bunch if other code names as well, eg- CJ/BJ/WILLYS/willys overland.

Most owners are clueless and google search made it even more confusing.

Can someone give me a history lesson on the Post war jeeps, the engine types, body styles, what the code names mean? I would appreciate it! The forum search didn't pop up any threads so opened up a new one.

(The B5 S4 is going on, will update that this week. )

These jeeps just popped up, I found one in chilaw already and was thinking of making the move through my brother asap. But I wanna get some info first!

Thanks guys!

5 answers to this question

12 hours ago, fiat fan said:

All right guys,

Now that we are post drama, I have some Questions. (Kinda embarrassing since I work for FCA group) ?

So during quarantine I came across some "Willys jeep" in SL. Many going for good prices.

The thing is the jeeps have a looooong history before it was called the Wrangler. There seems to be short wheel base/long wheel base. Among a bunch if other code names as well, eg- CJ/BJ/WILLYS/willys overland.

Most owners are clueless and google search made it even more confusing.

Can someone give me a history lesson on the Post war jeeps, the engine types, body styles, what the code names mean? I would appreciate it! The forum search didn't pop up any threads so opened up a new one.

(The B5 S4 is going on, will update that this week. )

These jeeps just popped up, I found one in chilaw already and was thinking of making the move through my brother asap. But I wanna get some info first!

Thanks guys!

@fiat fan interesting topic

I recall seeing the odd CJ5, CJ-7 & even a Scrambler but nothing in the recent past

Occasionally you see them pop up on Ikm@n as well but doubt any of them had the original engine & gearbox :(

• Like 1

Just wanted to update this thread. Bought a Mitsubishi Jeep instead of a JEEP Willys.

I will post a link of the new thread for future reference.

The reason we didn’t go for a JEEP was because the books are shady on them and most of them are missing the original US made engines.

plus not many for sale and bloody expensive.

On 4/16/2020 at 11:00 AM, Devinda_Z said:

@fiat fan interesting topic

I recall seeing the odd CJ5, CJ-7 & even a Scrambler but nothing in the recent past

Occasionally you see them pop up on Ikm@n as well but doubt any of them had the original engine & gearbox :(

No. Nothing original on them other than the body. Even those are replaced. 

All of them have Jap engines in them, and books are sold off for other vehicles it seems. Shame though. Would have loved a JEEP.

6 minutes ago, Devinda_Z said:

Congratulations @fiat fan

Those are interesting things and have a massive following even now!

Don't forget the odd International Harvester that comes up for sale now & again

Indeed. Such a huge following, The Mitsubishi Jeep group has 58K members. Plus tons of other members with  over 20k members.

Thanks again!