• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Importation of a car older than 3 years old

Virenmg

9 hours ago, iRage said:

..and he needs every single one of those horses and every ounce of torque to outrun all the crazy people trying to abduct him.

Getting back on topic....there are a few original 2JZ powered old Crowns and Aristos around SL...would that be an option ? 

The 2JZ-GTE was intended for the Aristo..Not the Supra (in fact the Supra has always had borrowed parts). So in many ways having a 2JZ Aristo is more of being a purist than a Supra :) 

But the aristo never came with the Iconic Getrag 6MT instead came with a 4speed auto which would explode if it exceeded 500hp.

On 4/23/2020 at 8:43 AM, MasterDon said:

I'm here! ?

No P5 coupes here as far as I know. a couple of sedans.

The classic car importation scheme is there, for now. Its just like regular car import(tax based on engine capacity), but you need to be a member and have approval of the Classic Car Club of Ceylon...my signature coincidentally, since I'm one the two secretaries of the Club.

Since you mentioned the first gen CLS..here's mine!

20200122_055108.jpg

How come Rover P5Bs were never imported to SL?

They were very popular in UK.

1 hour ago, Virenmg said:

But the aristo never came with the Iconic Getrag 6MT instead came with a 4speed auto which would explode if it exceeded 500hp.

You really do like to shoot down all options presented to you don't you ? You have an unhealthy obsession with a Supra you cannot get :)

Well..a stock Supra with a 2JZ-GTE engine has only 280hp. Exactly what the Aristo had. So the Automatic gearbox on the Aristo can handle that quite well. TO get 500hp you are going to do some mods even on a Supra..so since you have to mod it out anyway....putting in a V160/V161 transmission is not that complicated. It will be a legal and viable option since you do not want to be swapping engines and updating books etc...

4 hours ago, Virenmg said:

How come Rover P5Bs were never imported to SL?

They were very popular in UK.

Read above @Virenmg MasterDon did mention that there are a couple of the Sedan sytle Rover P5B's in SL just not any 4 door coupe versions...so you might be able to find one for sale and I hope you do, its beautiful. It would certainly be great to see a restoration thread on one here if you do get your hands on one! 

Edited by Kavvz

3 hours ago, iRage said:

You really do like to shoot down all options presented to you don't you ? You have an unhealthy obsession with a Supra you cannot get :)

Well..a stock Supra with a 2JZ-GTE engine has only 280hp. Exactly what the Aristo had. So the Automatic gearbox on the Aristo can handle that quite well. TO get 500hp you are going to do some mods even on a Supra..so since you have to mod it out anyway....putting in a V160/V161 transmission is not that complicated. It will be a legal and viable option since you do not want to be swapping engines and updating books etc...

? I'm presented with many many options so "I'm not going to go with the supra" instead a chaser or mark ii with a 1JZ-GTE or a 2JZ-GTE.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

Read above @Virenmg MasterDon did mention that there are a couple of the Sedan sytle Rover P5B's in SL just not any 4 door coupe versions...so you might be able to find one for sale and I hope you do, its beautiful. It would certainly be great to see a restoration thread on one here if you do get your hands on one! 

They are rare in SL. I hope to do a resto build soon.