• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Familia Auto/1500cc 1990

Girly

Question

Hi everyone 

iam new in here and have no clue about cars... well thats exactly why iam here to receive some insight about buying  “Mazda Familia Auto/1500cc 1990” ???? 
help me out you all

Edited by Girly

1 answer to this question

Welcome to the forum.

From your information i believe you're looking at a BG5P Mazda. If I'm not mistaken both the BG3P and BG5P upto 1989 had a carburetor  engine while from 1990 onward it has an EFI Engine. This is one thing you probably need to clarify with the seller. Car's with auto gear boxes were not that popular in Sri Lanka in the early 90's so Automatic versions of this model are a bit rare.

Bear in mind the car is 30 years old so pay attention to stuff like corrosion, leaks (leaky beadings letting in water to the car etc - these can be  huge nightmares)Make sure there is a budget for potential repairs despite how well you inspect it before buying. Better have it inspected by a trusted mechanic or a car-savvy friend. 

Please do read the following thread where similar cars were discussed including a part about auto gear boxes on old cars. 

The model  has also been discussed on the forum.  just google for "forum.autolanka.com mazda bg5p"

Example: 

Edited by matroska
  • Like 1