• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Proton Gen2

Saga9

On 7/9/2020 at 6:37 PM, Saga9 said:

I bought 2009 year proton gen2. What are the things i need to know about this car. It is 85000km  milaged autogear car. 

Um..... @Saga9 aren't those questions you should have asked, before you bought the car???

Anyway @Pericles owned one so i'm sure he can give you some input

On 7/12/2020 at 10:13 PM, Devinda_Z said:

Um..... @Saga9 aren't those questions you should have asked, before you bought the car???

Anyway @Pericles owned one so i'm sure he can give you some input

We sold the Gen2 around 40/50k so I dunno what would come up by 80 ;)

In general, make sure the transmission fluid is changed, make sure the timing belt is ok, check the plugs, all of which is general advice, not brand specific. 

On 7/14/2020 at 9:59 PM, Pericles said:

We sold the Gen2 around 40/50k so I dunno what would come up by 80 ;)

In general, make sure the transmission fluid is changed, make sure the timing belt is ok, check the plugs, all of which is general advice, not brand specific.

I changed timing belt , oil seals and starter motor solanoid. Transmission oils changed also. I am thinking about to change radio. Can i install dvd setup which can operate from steering wheel button as originally installed cd proton cd player?