• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

iRage

15 hours ago, iRage said:

The new Peugeot logo

Doesn't it look the Proton logo in reverse ?

EDIT : Just as A.W pointed out on FB...it looks even more like the Micro logo 😕 

Here is a timeline of the Lion's evolution : https://www.peugeot.com.au/brand-and-technology/peugeot-universe/history/the-peugeot-lions/

プジョーの新しいマークプジョー、ライオンマークを刷新

プジョー、ライオンマークを刷新

They are trying to be an upmarket brand now. Hence the logo.

Its one of their old logos reinvented. It appeared on the 70s Peugeots (404 especially). 

And then this version first appeared on the E-legend concept back in 2016.

Personally, I like the old roaring lions better. 

5 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Whats interesting about this is that with our local tax structure we could bring in an AMG with the 2.0l hybrid petrol engine for a good price.

Nice! I think that's the same with Range Rovers now too right? With the hybrid engine combo they actually make sense when you consider the final after tax prices...

12 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Tail lights are more like the A Class / CLA / CLS type.

Yes...they all have the same type of tail light...however when you thin it out like they have in the C and E...it ends up looking like the Alfa :) 

7 hours ago, AVANTE said:

They are trying to be an upmarket brand now. Hence the logo.

Its one of their old logos reinvented. It appeared on the 70s Peugeots (404 especially). 

And then this version first appeared on the E-legend concept back in 2016.

Personally, I like the old roaring lions better. 

I think you mean 60s....the timeline shows the head in the 1960s....which apparently got changed in 1975. However, the prancing Lion has been their hallmark for better part of their existence and has been their identity for the last 45 years.

Concepts have all kinds of logos..which is fine...but changing their logo for the brand is somewhat....well..not smart...especially considering what else is around. True, Micro and Proton might not be that famous in Europe..but being a global brand they should have paid attention to whatelse was around.

17 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Same! I think the old logo was more unique and much less Proton / Micro lion like! 😄

Haha Same! 

About Micro though.. I was told the guy who founded micro used to work in CarMart. 

10 hours ago, iRage said:

I think you mean 60s....the timeline shows the head in the 1960s....which apparently got changed in 1975. However, the prancing Lion has been their hallmark for better part of their existence and has been their identity for the last 45 years.

Concepts have all kinds of logos..which is fine...but changing their logo for the brand is somewhat....well..not smart...especially considering what else is around. True, Micro and Proton might not be that famous in Europe..but being a global brand they should have paid attention to whatelse was around.

Yeah my bad, the 60s. 

And yeah, not a big fan.

• 2 weeks later...

The full video: 

I guess we won't be seeing these ever! Not at that price, and those production numbers! Seems dead cool though, especially the super capacitor tech. Hopefully that will make its way into an Audi or something more affordable...

But: Are Euro cars boring? Oh hell no! Not a chance. Can't wait for this tech to trickle down... :D 

Edited by Kavvz

• 3 weeks later...

Been a massive fan of Citroen, and then this come up. Its not a sedan nor an SUV but nicely designed. They say that it is "The Most Advanced Expression of Citroen's Philosophy; Audacity and Innovation for a Serene Touring Experience.

But in no way can t match the DS nor the 2CV

https://int-media.citroen.com/en/C5_X_INTL

59 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

They have the EQC, EQS and the EQA with the EQE on the way.

This is I think the newest and the fanciest they have come up with...The electric equivalent of an S-Class? 

(As for the EQC : It was a bit of a flop was it not? It was over priced and promptly got it ass kicked by the Audi version that came out a month or so later I recall? I think the interior on the EQC was nothing special too, certainly nothing like this...

*My apologies to the Merc fans. Sorry chaps! BUT the EQC was not that great and Audi one that round...)

Edited by Kavvz

8 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

This is I think the newest and the fanciest they have come up with...The electric equivalent of an S-Class? 

(As for the EQC : It was a bit of a flop was it not? Over priced and promptly got it ass kicked by the Audi version that came out a month or so later I recall? I think the interior on the EQC was nothing special too, certainly nothing like this...

*My apologies to the Merc fans. Sorry chaps! BUT the EQC was not that great and Audi one that round...)

Well the EQC and the EQA were based on the GLC and the GLA respectively and most body panels and even the interior parts were shared. The EQS is a different story altogether, haven't read much but it is virtually an all new design. 

If you look at the efforts by BMW basically the iX3 is the X3 with Electrification and the i4 is basically a 3 series Gran Coupe with interior tech you can expect in the facelift 3. The i3 is a ground up EV hence the massive price (CIF) and the iX will also be the same, but since its built on the X5 they have kept costs down.

Lets face it they have a lot of catching up to do, basically Tesla is king right now with access to most battery plants in the world and technology.

1 hour ago, Gummybr said:

Lets face it they have a lot of catching up to do, basically Tesla is king right now with access to most battery plants in the world and technology.

Yes absolutely Tesla is king! But primary because of their battery tech, as the cars themselves are pretty shit aren't they? - Build quality issues, paint issues, reliability issues, and even the interiors are so bland...(Apparently this is supposed to be a selling point? Errr...No Thank you! 😆

For the price of a Tesla S you could buy a hybrid car that is SO much more from one of the big European brands or a nice Jap equivalent...Only thing is when it comes to full EV's Tesla still has the edge due to their battery tech (cost, range, performance etc)

However, I think its only a matter of time before the Europeans or Japanese take over. (Or the wild card - Chinese? Apparently the EV market is growing the fastest in China...)

If Tesla is smart, they would merge with Toyota, VW, GM or BYD etc. Or take them on as a majority owner before everyone else catches up to their battery tech or surpasses it, because if that happens they will lose their competitive edge and be dead in the water...

Edited by Kavvz

2 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Yes absolutely Tesla is king! But primary because of their battery tech, as the cars themselves are pretty shit aren't they? - Build quality issues, paint issues, reliability issues, and even the interiors are so bland...(Apparently this is supposed to be a selling point? Errr...No Thank you! 😆

For the price of a Tesla S you could buy a hybrid car that is SO much more from one of the big European brands or a nice Jap equivalent...Only thing is when it comes to full EV's Tesla still has the edge due to their battery tech (cost, range, performance etc)

However, I think its only a matter of time before the Europeans or Japanese take over. (Or the wild card - Chinese? Apparently the EV market is growing the fastest in China...)

If Tesla is smart, they would merge with Toyota, VW, GM or BYD etc. Or take them on as a majority owner before everyone else catches up to their battery tech or surpasses it, because if that happens they will lose their competitive edge and be dead in the water...

Dont think they will merge with anyone.

Tesla and Daimler were together once, the B250 electric used to have Tesla batteries and the same reason Tesla used to have MB switch gear. Didn't work out well and they took their own paths. Even BYD gets tech from Tesla (I think but not sure).

One of the reasons its hard for mainstream manufacturers to catch up is due to the fact that Tesla has been in the game for about 10 years? whereas the others made had ad hoc models but never ventured into EV. The old thinking is still relevant in them, if they want to succeed they need to bring in new blood who will overturn the old thinking. Maybe take them out of their normal production plants and lines and recruit new people.

what Tesla did was they bought over most of the component builders which made it difficult for others to catch up. I remember that MB had issues getting Hybrid batteries as Tesla was buying them at a rate.

Hmm...like the looks of the other EQ vehicles to be honest...well..not a fair statement...I don't find the GLB to be that attractive. I just find its proportions a bit off.

On a slightly different note...all these cars are connected and come with fancy stuff that can be done off the internet...does anyone know what kind of security software is available on these things ? It not like we have Norton 360 or Kaspersky Auto edition....

A6 e-Tron....0-100 in less than 7 seconds for the base and less than 4 seconds for the high performance model...that would be a screamer to drive too....a cD of 0.22 ? So the car is like a moving bucket of KY Jelly :D  

Edited by iRage