• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

iRage

• 1 month later...
On 4/20/2021 at 8:34 AM, Kavvz said:

Wow! Better looking Exterior than the Merc I think...then e-Tron GT looks really nice too! 

Know what? I think I seem to like the Audi eTrons, though they are based on the Porsche Taycan and the VW ID looks like they out perform them both. Big problems coming up for the competition and yes those cars look good.

With the current gen petrol performance cars coming to their end of life cycle, maybe these could be your last petrol performance cars.

Edited by Gummybr
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

New Macan Spy Shots...

That dashboard totally reminds me of a spaceship from Buck Rogers...(and even BattleStar Galactica)

I do like the proportions and the stance of the new one...although now it looks more like an overgrown crossover hatch.

ポルシェ マカンEV 市販型プロトタイプ(スクープ写真)ポルシェ マカンEV 市販型プロトタイプ(スクープ写真)ポルシェ マカンEV 市販型プロトタイプ(スクープ写真)ica)

ポルシェ マカンEV 市販型プロトタイプ(スクープ写真)

4 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Not much different to the outgoing model is it? A big difference in styling to the 2 Gran Coupe (which is a FWD).

No. Shape wise its the same-ish. Just thecrear lights and the quarter panels from the back just look wierd

22 hours ago, iRage said:

New Macan Spy Shots...

That dashboard totally reminds me of a spaceship from Buck Rogers...(and even BattleStar Galactica)

I do like the proportions and the stance of the new one...although now it looks more like an overgrown crossover hatch.

ポルシェ マカンEV 市販型プロトタイプ(スクープ写真)ポルシェ マカンEV 市販型プロトタイプ(スクープ写真)ポルシェ マカンEV 市販型プロトタイプ(スクープ写真)ica)

ポルシェ マカンEV 市販型プロトタイプ(スクープ写真)

Do agree on the looks

Rear quarter panel remind me of Nissan

Looks as if they are moving away from 911 styling clues to more SUV/ Hatchback looks.

On 7/7/2021 at 3:25 PM, Gummybr said:

Not much different to the outgoing model is it? A big difference in styling to the 2 Gran Coupe (which is a FWD).

See..Chris Harris feels the same way as I do about the rear :D

z2601239299147_515d5572545e0ed3b25487385c110a18.thumb.jpg.4ed5abae34448479eef78157db66c597.jpg

55 minutes ago, iRage said:

See..Chris Harris feels the same way as I do about the rear :D

z2601239299147_515d5572545e0ed3b25487385c110a18.thumb.jpg.4ed5abae34448479eef78157db66c597.jpg

Press release says that the 2 Series Coupe will be a stand out model from the 2 Gran Coupe and the rest. Apparently the rear is wide due to the wider track for the rear drive platform. 

3 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Press release says that the 2 Series Coupe will be a stand out model from the 2 Gran Coupe and the rest. Apparently the rear is wide due to the wider track for the rear drive platform. 

Wider track is fine (after all even the GR Yaris is the same)...but did they really have to use that light design and bumper shape ? :D The Yaris' stormtrooper helmet look seems to be more acceptable than this :)

• Thanks 1

BMW i3 sales in the US will end this month, and it looks like by 2022 it will be phased out. Its a car that never achieved the high sales numbers expected but did prove that BMW had the knowhow to make an electric car in 2013. The following article says that its a quirky design and great drive but I am not a fan of them both.

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1132757_bmw-drops-innovative-i3-electric-car-ahead-of-more-mass-market-evs

10 hours ago, Gummybr said:

BMW i3 sales in the US will end this month, and it looks like by 2022 it will be phased out. Its a car that never achieved the high sales numbers expected but did prove that BMW had the knowhow to make an electric car in 2013. The following article says that its a quirky design and great drive but I am not a fan of them both.

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1132757_bmw-drops-innovative-i3-electric-car-ahead-of-more-mass-market-evs

You got to drive it? Oh cool! How does it compare to a regular small engined car or how does it compare to the other electric cars you have driven? 

• 2 months later...
On 7/14/2021 at 7:04 PM, Kavvz said:

You got to drive it? Oh cool! How does it compare to a regular small engined car or how does it compare to the other electric cars you have driven? 

Sorry buddy I just saw this. 

Well to drive it was nice and quiet and you could just bring the car to a halt by taking your foot off the accelerator. Kind of more powerful and agile than the Leaf I would say. Also much better response than a small car. They still manage to retain more mileage from the batteries since you can replace them easily using brand new batteries.

When you talk of a CEO of a car company (internationally) you think of old guys / gals who are close to their retirement age. Unless of course its Mr. Musk. The CEO of Bugatti (yes the supercar) is a 33 year old guy with a mixed background and a BMW being the cause of him getting into EV's. 

https://robbreport.com/motors/cars/rimac-and-bugatti-ceo-next-plans-1234636964/

Mate Rimac who produced the Rimac Nevera the fastest accelerating production car in the world is the new CEO of Bugatti and owns 55% of it (balance owned by Porsche). Basically VW has given him the shares without a cent in the transaction and he is supposed to bring in EV tech to Bugatti in the coming years.

• 1 month later...

Well the European concepts of the future seem to be getting ugly. First it is the BMW XM (yes its a BMW and not the Citroen XM, apparently they had an agreement on the name plate) the most powerful BMW M model

BMW XM ConceptBMW XM ConceptBMW XM Concept

Not to be outdone Mercedes-Benz have come up with a Maybach off road concept, asking the question why? Inspiration from Grand Tour where Jeremy drove a souped up Bentley?

Mercedes-Benz Project Maybach conceptMercedes-Benz Project Maybach conceptMercedes-Benz Project Maybach conceptMercedes-Benz Project Maybach concept

We all know where the G Classes ended up and where this would end up.

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...

Something that interested me was the launch of the BMW M4CSL which was unveiled yesterday. Well on paper it looks brilliant (wow factor) with all that weight saving etc etc. Then they went on to say that it is the fastest BMW around the Nürburgring’s Nordschleife circuit with a time of 7.15.677secs in the current track set up and 7.20.207secs in the complete circuit.

This makes me wonder what a beast the old Skyline GTR was when it went under 7mins in the 1990's heck even the R35 in 2010's. For sure todays cars are more powerful and has better traction, suspension and braking.

The car