• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My EP91 - First Car!

MaleCortana

5 hours ago, GK_007 said:

Wow for 260k the interior and exterior was mint on the pictures. 

It is right? Would you believe me if I told you there's no evidence of an accident anywhere as well? Like *anywhere* it's kinda suspicious

8 hours ago, MaleCortana said:

It is right? Would you believe me if I told you there's no evidence of an accident anywhere as well? Like *anywhere* it's kinda suspicious

Really...? its almost hard to believe. Anyways, good luck on finding next love. :) 

Well..I know we talked about this before as well...

the thing is it is all a matter of context....a car with 260K can very well be okay for someone...it depends on how much effort in time and money one hopes to put in to it. If one is willing to drop in a new engine...why would the engine being worn out be a matter of concern ? Perhaps the car had a good interior because someone actually did take it upon themselves restore it at some point...

I dont beleive the issue of taint-ment has nothing to do with the car but the deception of the person selling it. On one hand it was priced as a decent condition car..thus doing a ground up restoration was not viable nor desirable. Then on the other hand....damn it..I lost my train of though...no idea where I was going with this...

@iRage hahahahah being hit with some sellers remorse when I see the condition of the GX110s I have driven upto now, owner today has driven his Verossa without Engine Oil. I asked him if he's just crazy, man replied with "No No its a Toyota neh, they can handle it". Yeah, no.

Edited by MaleCortana

Is it just me or am I missing something here? 😬 What was the “actual” issue with the mileage here? Ok it was tampered, could be 280k, 380k, or whatever. But the only ‘real’ problem with the car was black smoke out the exhaust and burning some oil? I mean, the chassis wasn’t falling apart (accident repair, etc.. ) and there were no major rust issues, it was in quite good condition right?  

Just hypnotically, if it was me and if I liked the car much, I would wind it up to 320k and drive it like a champ!  :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, MaleCortana said:

@iRage hahahahah being hit with some sellers remorse when I see the condition of the GX110s I have driven upto now, owner today has driven his Verossa without Engine Oil. I asked him if he's just crazy, man replied with "No No its a Toyota neh, they can handle it". Yeah, no.

See that is the thing...there was really nothing wrong with the car itself...you had issue with the guy who sold it to you under deception. You could have swapped an engine out (just for piece of mind) and then gone on using the car...its just that given the time and place, you were not in a state to do it. But then, the reason partly coud have been the fact that deep inside you were not fully committed to the Starlet ? If you were...like @MrCat said..you would just fix it up and use it. The things you said about yourself and when looking for cars for your friends...you always showed slight hints of wanting something else. So...like many others...once you do get that car you really want...you will not care if the dang thing has gone to the moon and back, then a few more times several times over in under 40,000km on the dashboard and is blowing out a screen of black smoke; you will start thrwoing your money in to a bottomless pit :D 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, iRage said:

See that is the thing...there was really nothing wrong with the car itself...you had issue with the guy who sold it to you under deception. You could have swapped an engine out (just for piece of mind) and then gone on using the car...its just that given the time and place, you were not in a state to do it. But then, the reason partly coud have been the fact that deep inside you were not fully committed to the Starlet ? If you were...like @MrCat said..you would just fix it up and use it. The things you said about yourself and when looking for cars for your friends...you always showed slight hints of wanting something else. So...like many others...once you do get that car you really want...you will not care if the dang thing has gone to the moon and back, then a few more times several times over in under 40,000km on the dashboard and is blowing out a screen of black smoke; you will start thrwoing your money in to a bottomless pit :D 

@MrCat @iRage Nope Nope, you both are right, its just that its like OCD to me, I want every part of the car to be perfect, but the meter thing is not something I cant fix :(, it doesn't really affect the value of the car I get that, if the car is good then there shouldn't be an issue but even if I wind it up again, I don't know what the 'Exact' Kms are.

Since I can't restore that part ever, (unless I hunt down the fellow who turned the meter) the car was never really completely 'restorable'. If the meter was legit I would've probably dropped in another lump 😛 

1 minute ago, MaleCortana said:

@MrCat @iRage Nope Nope, you both are right, its just that its like OCD to me, I want every part of the car to be perfect, but the meter thing is not something I cant fix :(, it doesn't really affect the value of the car I get that, if the car is good then there shouldn't be an issue but even if I wind it up again, I don't know what the 'Exact' Kms are.

Since I can't restore that part ever, (unless I hunt down the fellow who turned the meter) the car was never really completely 'restorable'. If the meter was legit I would've probably dropped in another lump 😛 

Again..missing the point....the point is it depends on to what extent someone was going to go.

On one hand....If the engine was that badand you wantd it to be prestine...then a new engine would be put into make it run propelry. In which case it doesn't matter what the mileage on the clock says. If you know the source of the engine you can roll back to what the engine had done..OR you completely rebuild the engine...but then you will have to follow the exact processes and use all the exact  components Toyota did when they built the car and serviced it at their dealerships...that ranges everything from using the right torque to tighten down something as simple as a screw to changing every single component the service manual says you need to replace just to change something miniscule as a suspension bush...or..oil...so if you are not going to follow all this...your car is tainted as it has not been done to spec and again..makes no sense what the mileage says :D 

Or...simply put....youjust get an entire donor car....and then mount it on to your rolling chassis...but then...it is not as pure as you want it to be. 

the issue is...cars are metal objects...there are things you need to be OCD about...whilst things that makes no sense about being OCD but need to be diligent about (and the things you need to be diligent about can always be rectified as along as the safety of the car is not compromised...question is what is it worth to fix).

Even the new car you buy....there is no guarantee that it is pure as you think it is....the mileage might be verifiable through eco tests, etc...but how do you know things were legit when the car was imported ? Forged import documents, auction sheets & recon/export verification stickers; cut and bud vehicles came in to th country way back in the 80s. So verifiable eco test reports and service records does not mean the car is as pure as you beleive it should be :D 

FYI....this is purely to throw lighter fluid on to your OCD tendencies :D waiting to see you like the little birdy :D 

Can't touch this… and that. A hip-hop comic about OCD – The Secret Illness 

5 minutes ago, iRage said:

Again..missing the point....the point is it depends on to what extent someone was going to go.

On one hand....If the engine was that badand you wantd it to be prestine...then a new engine would be put into make it run propelry. In which case it doesn't matter what the mileage on the clock says. If you know the source of the engine you can roll back to what the engine had done..OR you completely rebuild the engine...but then you will have to follow the exact processes and use all the exact  components Toyota did when they built the car and serviced it at their dealerships...that ranges everything from using the right torque to tighten down something as simple as a screw to changing every single component the service manual says you need to replace just to change something miniscule as a suspension bush...or..oil...so if you are not going to follow all this...your car is tainted as it has not been done to spec and again..makes no sense what the mileage says :D 

Or...simply put....youjust get an entire donor car....and then mount it on to your rolling chassis...but then...it is not as pure as you want it to be. 

the issue is...cars are metal objects...there are things you need to be OCD about...whilst things that makes no sense about being OCD but need to be diligent about (and the things you need to be diligent about can always be rectified as along as the safety of the car is not compromised...question is what is it worth to fix).

Even the new car you buy....there is no guarantee that it is pure as you think it is....the mileage might be verifiable through eco tests, etc...but how do you know things were legit when the car was imported ? Forged import documents, auction sheets & recon/export verification stickers; cut and bud vehicles came in to th country way back in the 80s. So verifiable eco test reports and service records does not mean the car is as pure as you beleive it should be :D 

FYI....this is purely to throw lighter fluid on to your OCD tendencies :D waiting to see you like the little birdy :D 

Can't touch this… and that. A hip-hop comic about OCD – The Secret Illness 

hahhahaha you definitely did put some lighter fluid lol, 

"Even the new car you buy....there is no guarantee that it is pure as you think it is....the mileage might be verifiable through eco tests, etc...but how do you know things were legit when the car was imported ? Forged import documents, auction sheets & recon/export verification stickers; cut and bud vehicles came in to th country way back in the 80s. So verifiable eco test reports and service records does not mean the car is as pure as you beleive it should be :D"

^I will take you up on this challenge iRage, I have a good feeling about this 😛

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrCat said:

it was me and if I liked the car much, I would wind it up to 320k and drive it like a champ!

Would have done the same 😀 Also the known devil might be better than an unknown angel sometimes. If there is one reason to stick with the devil no matter what, you will. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GK_007 said:

Would have done the same 😀 Also the known devil might be better than an unknown angel sometimes. If there is one reason to stick with the devil no matter what, you will. 

Okay Okay! I realize I might have made a tiny (very tiny mind you) error in selling the car off :( 

On the plus side I built the car up and let her go for a lucky owner in the future eh? Lets look at the plus side here.

Is the next owner going to molest it and slap a Glanza Bodykit on it? Probably. Will he take turn the clock back on the car again? 'depinitly'. Hotel? Trivago.

It`s all right man! We`ve all been there.. done that...  :D  Well, not sure about others but yours's truly definitely have..!

Wish you luck finding a bad-ass, reasonably sized, fuel guzzling sedan!  Save a big(ish) sedan since they are a dying breed! 

21 hours ago, iRage said:

Aiyo ! Push the guy in to a two door sporty little thing. He cannot enjoy a 2-door life once he get married and has kids noh ?

It's okay Divorce is still very much an option ;)